New Battlefield game launching this year

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Battlefield 5

maybe? could be good :LOL:

I just looked Battlefield 4 came out back in 2013 yeah it's been that long already.

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Modern FTW. I'll take 80s Cold War era if not modern. Future count me out. WWII will be like BF1, I may pick it up when it is 50% off and the seasons pass is $15. BF1 is just lame in large part due to the setting, but also the console style mechanics. They have an uphill battle to make the game a worthy successor to 3/4 and that is before we start worrying about lookboxes, micro transactions and grinding for content concerns.

wikidlad

Limp Gawd
I would really like to see a BF1942 remake or another BF Vietnam game.

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
I would really like to see a BF1942 remake or another BF Vietnam game.

If they do Vietnam I would rather then expand into a fictional Cold War gone hot theme, 70-80s time frame. You can have a lot of European vehicles and weapons in the game; I'd find Vietnam too limiting. A lot of interesting things you can do balance wise if some asymmetrical balance is on the table. For example the American Abrams had a 105mm, the German Leopard 2 a 120mm, Soviets had T-72 & T-80s with 125mm. Those vehicles alone bring different speed, armor, damage/penetration, characteristics which would make the game interesting and different. BF1 brought different tank types that played differently and perhaps that is the only thing I like about the game. If Cold War were the theme I'd very much like multiple MBT types per side.

I would also like to see a somewhat more detailed ammo, armor type and penetration mechanic in a future BF game. Not quite Armored Warfare, but borrow some of those mechanics.

BassTek

Supreme [H]ardness
If it's modern or close to that time period I'll probably play it. If it's WW2 or futuristic I probably won't. I barely played Battlefield 1. The 80's cold war era idea sounds fun.