New Battery won't charge

HardLiner

Gawd
I just replaced the battery for my brothers Aspire 8920g it says ( 0% available, plugged in charging) it will look like it wants to charge when I first turn it on but after a second it does nothing? It will shut off if I unplug the power chord.

Could windows 7 have something to do with it? He installed it just before he started to have battery issues. Windows 7 is up to date and all drivers seem to be installed.

Check the BIOS to see what charger activity is defined.

Had a similar issue with a Dell netbook, but it was resolved by literally leaving the machine plugged in for several hours, after which it was charged and did so normally after.

I'll trying leaving it plugged in for a while, I looked in the bios and there is nothing in there about the battery. Strange?

Most battery manufacturers state that once you install the battery you need to leave the laptop plugged in and turned off for 8 hours in order to ensure a full charge prior to regular use (and 3 full charge/discharge cycles will have to be done before you can expect to get max capacity)

Back