New AXP unlocked or what?

diredesire

Supreme [H]ardness
alright, since there've been no replies i tried the L5 mod (to mobile) it works. Reading further in the link provided earlier, you'll need to change the L6 bridges to choose multipliers. This is a good way to unlock your processor without screwing over AMD, IMO. AMD will know if you modified/unlocked your chips since most likely you will have to cut the substrate.

Which begs the question (again). is there any way to pop a bridge using electricity still? I'll try it in a few minutes, but i dont think the popping of a bridge w/ the 9v trick will work anymore, but if it does, you'd still have to cut the bridges to fill them in.. i'll update as findings come along.

Note: I'm doing mods on a 2400+ I'm considering buying a duron just to dork around with. Does anyone have a confirmed locked duron they want to either sell to me very cheap or donate to the 'cause'? If wanted, i'll return it right after verifying this mod works, most likely it'll be a little mangled, since if i can't find a way to pop the bridge cleanly, there'll be some cutting involved...

Man, my brother's goign to be pissed... i stole this 2400+ from his dual machine >:D He probably wont notice though. anyways, bump!

Edit: multiplier is not unlocked by turning the procesor into a mobile. You MUST mod the chip (as far as i can tell)... i'm going to try and find a document that will unlock the chip while it's a mobile. If anyone can get me a HIGH RES photo of a 2400+ mobile i'd be in your debt! (as would a lot of us, i'm sure)

Edit again: i'm not even sure if they made a 2400+ mobile of a tbred variety... but just to make sure, please make sure the mobile is of a 256k l2 cache variety... the newegg one is a 512k, and the 2500+ seems to be gone, maybe they changed the line up a bit? Anyways, TIA for any help!

Has anybody/anyplace got some more definitive information if this works or not. I got a new barton 2800+ rolling in tomorrow. and its begging for an 11 multiplier. It's a shame my new 2500+ week 46 can't stay stable past 2156. I should have kept my unlocked 2100+ that would do 2300.

I'm using a Abit NF7-S and Corsair XMS 3200.

Originally posted by Rapier
Has anybody/anyplace got some more definitive information if this works or not. I got a new barton 2800+ rolling in tomorrow. and its begging for an 11 multiplier. It's a shame my new 2500+ week 46 can't stay stable past 2156. I should have kept my unlocked 2100+ that would do 2300.

I'm using a Abit NF7-S and Corsair XMS 3200.
check the strictly AMD forum (linked above)... it's got some more info... nothing definite yet, but i'm working on it as we speak... it's been reported by many to work, but i'm wondering how we get to keep high FSBs too, since the board will probably post at native multiplier

Back