NEW AUDIGY 2 and 4 drivers!! FINALLY!

i dont know, im guessing more support for games, and a few bug fixes. Im hopeing we can get a discussion here

[H]ocusPocus said:
Does anyone know what issues these drivers fix?
I find it amusing how people will just grab something as important as hardware drivers from just about anywhere and slap it in their system, without a clue what they contain.

agent420 said:
I find it amusing how people will just grab something as important as hardware drivers from just about anywhere and slap it in their system, without a clue what they contain.
From anywhere?

Just cause I got them from 9down, doesn’t mean they are from "anywhere"... these are the same exact drivers that are from Creative's site... Same filename and size... so... I’m glad you think that the creative site is "Just anywhere".

(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm. ---magnetik

Now seeing how creative hasn't had a driver update in some time for these great sound cards, I’m sure there is known bugs that have been fixed, and updates. I just need to find a fix log.

Warrior said:
From anywhere?

Just cause I got them from 9down, doesn’t mean they are from "anywhere"... these are the same exact drivers that are from Creative's site... Same filename and size... so... I’m glad you think that the creative site is "Just anywhere".

Moron, get your facts straight...

Now seeing how creative hasn't had a driver update in some time for these great sound cards, I’m sure there is known bugs that have been fixed, and updates. I just need to find a fix log.
First of all, I didn't specifically target this particular download so much as a generalization of the subject. People equally grab drivers from torrents, 3rd party drivers or hacked drivers all the time.

Secondly, are you blindly to assume that Creative, king of bloatware and misleading marketing, is doing this for your benefit? Right. If that was the case they would have released fixes long ago. Sorry, my faith in Creative is not so optimistic. They might finally have a decent card, but that's more thanks to them buying Emu than anything else.

Nonetheless, I still stand by my opinion that it's prudent to know what you're putting in your system. If ever the adage 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' applied, it applied to Creative. It wouldn't be the first time a new driver set fixed some exotic issue, but dropped overall performance or caused new issues as well. I'm sure there are lots of people who take great enjoyment in doing nothing but tweaking their pc. Me, I'd rather actually use it.

Oh.. and cut down and the caffeine... might be making you a little high strung...

[quoted flame] --- magnetik

They're only the exact same file if the checksum matches those from Creative's site. But, in typical Creative fashion, no checksum is given. I could pack 6000 viruses into the exact same file size of the drivers you've downloaded and rename the file applicably -- there's nothing to it.

It's not as if Creative drivers are always safe to install, either. One such set irreparably hosed my Windows installation, and they were downloaded direct from Creative. Don't for one second pretend that Creative Labs has any idea what they're doing or that they care about their customers -- they don't.

Oh, and if you want to continue to throw around personal attacks, please go elsewhere.

Woot, I downloaded the new drivers from the creative site today, after my restart, explorer.exe doesn't come up.. Ive tried killing it and restarting it in the task manager, no luck... I will probobly have to reinstall windows, excellent.

MattDamen said:
Woot, I downloaded the new drivers from the creative site today, after my restart, explorer.exe doesn't come up.. Ive tried killing it and restarting it in the task manager, no luck... I will probobly have to reinstall windows, excellent.

...but what about the drivers, did they work? :D

jk bro, sry to hear about that crap. :(

(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm. ---magnetik

Call the sig cops while you are at it! ;)

(22) No active links, graphics, code, profanity or advertising allowed in the SIGNATURE. Sig line is limited to 10 lines total as viewed @ 800 x 600 resolution or no more that 15 words per line.

Back