New ATI drivers (post 9.12 hotfix, but not 10.1's)

app.jpg

application profiles? o.0

Are they any good with Eyefinity and crossfire?

Don't know, I'm still at work, so I haven't had a chance to install these yet.

Perhaps post the question over @ guru3d, someone over there should be able to answer your question.

I'm definately looking forward to app specific profiles, it's probobly the main thing I miss moving from the nvidia control panel to the CCC. Just the ability to easily edit IQ settings for specific programs at runtime.

I have a lot of old and new games installed, and sometimes after you get done running deus ex at 4x SSAA, you forget about it and start up crysis with similar settings and it chokes and dies.

Maybe they'll even include some ability to override crossfire modes, it would be neat to be able to force AFR on titles that don't have an official profile.

very mixed results from people at g3d... I think I will stick to the 9.12hf's for now... hopefully 10.1 will be out soon. :)

5870 crossfire setup BSODed opening up TF2. :( Hopefully 10.1 > these.

Updated and had some time to test.

New video driver replaces shadows in Dirt 2 with an opaque black coloring. This includes staging area and the actual races also.

New audio driver still doesn't fix my problems with playing unprotected (PCM) audio above 24 bit, 48 kHz without distortion and channel dropouts. (24/192 works fine if audio is bitstreamed though)

I'm definately looking forward to app specific profiles, it's probobly the main thing I miss moving from the nvidia control panel to the CCC. Just the ability to easily edit IQ settings for specific programs at runtime.

I have a lot of old and new games installed, and sometimes after you get done running deus ex at 4x SSAA, you forget about it and start up crysis with similar settings and it chokes and dies.

Maybe they'll even include some ability to override crossfire modes, it would be neat to be able to force AFR on titles that don't have an official profile.

you can already set per game profiles, even create an shortcut that will set the settings for that profile and then launch that game.

If you're really missing app profiles might I suggest replacing CCC with ATI Tray Tools?

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=275077

This thing is amazing, it has a mess of advanced features and tweaks that aren't on CCC. I have set up all my old games with profiles to automatically use 12x edge detect AA and 16x AF so I don't have to worry about forgetting to turn it off when I play a newer game.

If you're really missing app profiles might I suggest replacing CCC with ATI Tray Tools?

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=275077

This thing is amazing, it has a mess of advanced features and tweaks that aren't on CCC. I have set up all my old games with profiles to automatically use 12x edge detect AA and 16x AF so I don't have to worry about forgetting to turn it off when I play a newer game.

The problem with tray tools is that the drivers that ATI-TT installed have to be signed. I have tried to get working with Win7 x64 and it is a no go for me. I tried all the rec's from people. I hosed my system in the process one time. You can only use tray tools in XP/Vista. In 64 bit, you have to put the machine in TEST MODE using DESO. I wish I had an nhancer type of program that is compatible with 7 instead of CCC. Tray Tools would def do the trick, but not working with Win 7 (At least for me)

Last edited:
The problem with tray tools is that the drivers that ATI-TT installed have to be signed. I have tried to get working with Win7 x64 and it is a no go for me. I tried all the rec's from people. I hosed my system in the process one time. You can only use tray tools in XP/Vista. In 64 bit, you have to put the machine in TEST MODE using DESO. I wish I had an nhancer type of program that is compatible with 7 instead of CCC. Tray Tools would def do the trick, but not working with Win 7 (At least for me)

I have installed on Win 7 64bit without a single issue, the only thing I did is click & install, no other trick have been done..

but it does said something about some file that is unsigned or something... the odd ball is everything works fine

Make sure you're downloading ATT 1.6, which is a BETA, and not 1.3 which is the latest stable release.

Back