New ATI Catalyst Profile (April 7th)

Mr Mean

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33961771

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Fix - horizontal lines are no longer observed when running an ATI CrossFireX configuration
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Fix - flickering and black square corruption is no longer observed when running on single card ATI Radeon products
Forcing on Anti-Aliasing through ATI Catalyst Control Center is now supported in the following titles: Supreme Commander 2, Dirt2, Avatar and Battlefield Bad Company2 (single GPU configurations)
StarCraft(r) II: Wings of Liberty beta on ATI Radeon™ 5800 products running in an ATI CrossFireX configurations : moving units near the edge of a cliff no longer causes them to fall because the height field is corrupted

Click on the BIG RED "DOWNLOAD LINK".

Forcing on Anti-Aliasing through ATI Catalyst Control Center is now supported in the following titles: Supreme Commander 2, Dirt2, Avatar and Battlefield Bad Company2 (single GPU configurations)
Hmmm, I wonder if you can still force AA on BC2 in Dx9 mode.

One thing this hasn't fixed for me is menu lag.

When I first enter a game the selecting a squad and weapons/class menu is REALLY laggy. Once I hit enter though everything returns to normal. Not sure why this only happens when I have crossfire enabled, but it's annoying.

One thing this hasn't fixed for me is menu lag.

When I first enter a game the selecting a squad and weapons/class menu is REALLY laggy. Once I hit enter though everything returns to normal. Not sure why this only happens when I have crossfire enabled, but it's annoying.

That only happens when it's on non killcam servers.

10.5's however, did fix it for me. 10.4b, did not, or anything before. I might go back to the 10.5.

Thanks for the linkage Roadhog. Not quite sure what to make of the 'fake' component to the 10.5 drivers. I suppose I'll sit tight on the 10.3b's for now, as the 5850 seems to be running smoothly overall.

Thanks for the linkage Roadhog. Not quite sure what to make of the 'fake' component to the 10.5 drivers. I suppose I'll sit tight on the 10.3b's for now, as the 5850 seems to be running smoothly overall.

I actually just tried 10.4b, and they would crash 3ds max on open. So, I went back to 10.5 and all is well.

10.3b are latest official betas, theres no solid info that the 10.4b and 10.5b variants are "real".

YES! Finally no more lockups while loading BC2, no more flickering / lines.

I had to abandon these 10.5's. My screen ended up changing to like 20-30% dimmer like I turned the brightness waay down. I uninstalled them completely, restarted, reinstalled them and it did it again. You could literally see when it happened too. The normal brightness would be there and then after you restart to finish the install, bam, a dimmed down screen.

I uninstalled them, restarted , and installed the 10.3b's and all is well. Not sure why I'm the only one that reported this issue but whatever.

10.3b are latest official betas, theres no solid info that the 10.4b and 10.5b variants are "real".

I'm going to say 10.5 is real, and 10.4b is fake. Reason being, on 10.5, in bad company 2, the loading screen with kill cam off is super smooth. How it should be. While, in 10.4b, it runs at about 2fps, same as 10.3b.

I'm going to say 10.5 is real, and 10.4b is fake. Reason being, on 10.5, in bad company 2, the loading screen with kill cam off is super smooth. How it should be. While, in 10.4b, it runs at about 2fps, same as 10.3b.

I'm running the 10.3WHQL w/ these new crossfire profiles on my 5970 and it's now super smooth with no more black lines. Fixed the 120mhz problem I was having as well.

I'm running the 10.3WHQL w/ these new crossfire profiles on my 5970 and it's now super smooth with no more black lines. Fixed the 120mhz problem I was having as well.

Yes, but do you get above 30fps in the class selection on a non kill cam server?

Back