New ASUS X570 BIOS Update [02/05/2021] - Version 3405

Thanks for the pic and the newest version of Thaiphoon shows this has B die?

The timings would be the first thing I see on them that would tell me they were not B die.

I was going to say unless it is a several year old RAM set, but the date says May 2020 on it. Also looks like a quad channel (4x8GB) kit? I would think it was some sort of Hynix memory based on the timings. That's not a bad thing (unless you paid for B-die). Hynix works just fine for the most part.

Well for me i waset stable on prime 95 smallfft on 1408 but the newer bios i am so for you im not sure might allow you to lower vcore i was also able to oc my memory to 3533 from 3466 with the newer agesa in these new 2000 series bios.
Since I'm still doing a "burnin" at 100% stock settings, I haven't yet tried prime95 or any other tools to stress the system or try any overclocks. Before I mess around with overclocks I wnat to be 125% confident that the system is stable at stock settings.

Also to be honest about it my "chief operating officer" :ROFLMAO: has "assigned" a lot of "fix up the house" type projects now that we are stuck inside the house.

Since I'm still doing a "burnin" at 100% stock settings, I haven't yet tried prime95 or any other tools to stress the system or try any overclocks. Before I mess around with overclocks I wnat to be 125% confident that the system is stable at stock settings.

Also to be honest about it my "chief operating officer" :ROFLMAO: has "assigned" a lot of "fix up the house" type projects now that we are stuck inside the house.

Haha you might wanna tell the chief your on vaction till further notice then get a pillow and blanket for the dog house :p

2407 caused all kinds of issues on my TUF gaming X570 plus wifi. It set my sata ports to raid mode by default, first boot up it didn't detect my video card, second and third times it wouldn't detect my keyboard or mouse. Could not get my ram to run above 2133mhz and no hyperthreading (or whatever AMD calls it) until I changed the fclk from auto to 1800, even with xmp settings loaded. For reference it's a R5 3600 /16Gb G. Skill ripjaws DDR 4 3600 CL16/ GTX 1070/ 1nvme, 1 sata hdd, 1 sata ssd/ Windows 10 Pro. I got it working right from what I can tell but then I had to run to work so I'm hoping there's nothing else. (Forgive my grammar, still at work lol).

2407 caused all kinds of issues on my TUF gaming X570 plus wifi. It set my sata ports to raid mode by default, first boot up it didn't detect my video card, second and third times it wouldn't detect my keyboard or mouse. Could not get my ram to run above 2133mhz and no hyperthreading (or whatever AMD calls it) until I changed the fclk from auto to 1800, even with xmp settings loaded. For reference it's a R5 3600 /16Gb G. Skill ripjaws DDR 4 3600 CL16/ GTX 1070/ 1nvme, 1 sata hdd, 1 sata ssd/ Windows 10 Pro. I got it working right from what I can tell but then I had to run to work so I'm hoping there's nothing else. (Forgive my grammar, still at work lol).
Yikes! Did the DOCP (what ASUS calls their XMP thing, I assume. I don't actually know) not work? It should have set your IF freq to 1800 anyways, without showing up as Auto. I have the same motherboard, same ram frequency and IF clock, though looser timings (CL19). I didn't have the same problems as you did, but I'm always curious to hear about these things.

Also welcome to the forum, you lurker :D

Yikes! Did the DOCP (what ASUS calls their XMP thing, I assume. I don't actually know) not work? It should have set your IF freq to 1800 anyways, without showing up as Auto. I have the same motherboard, same ram frequency and IF clock, though looser timings (CL19). I didn't have the same problems as you did, but I'm always curious to hear about these things.

Also welcome to the forum, you lurker :D
Haha thank you. Yes, the first thing I did was set xmp. The really weird thing was the first time I set xmp I went down to the target dram frequency pull down and it said 0Mhz for every selection. For some reason it seems like it took clearing the bios settings a few times for everything to work correctly. I will say that it overclocks better now. And to answer your question, the xmp setting has always set if to auto. I have only had it a month and am still learning AMD specific settings. I was always an Intel fan boy but I've had it with having to buy a new board every time they release a different processor.

Last edited:
Haha thank you. Yes, the first thing I did was set xmp. The really weird thing was the first time I set xmp I went down to the target dram frequency pull down and it said 0Mhz for every selection. For some reason it seems like it took clearing the bios settings a few times for everything to work correctly. I will say that it overclocks better now. And to answer your question, the xmp setting has always set if to auto. I have only had it a month and am still learning AMD specific settings. I was always an Intel fan boy but I've had it with having to buy a new board every time they release a different processor.

yea i was a intel guy before this ryzen i love it tho after i finaly figured out everything these 2000 series bios do overclock quite a bit better for me also.

I'm running ASUS X570-i w/ 3900X Seasonic titanium 650watt psu. I get random reboots with the new 2407 bios if i use the manual PBO settings 300, 230, 230 4x scaler 200mhz etc. If i leave it on auto system is stable? Anyone else have this issue?

I have PBO on manual aswell with the same settings and my system is stable.
All of this makes me think that for now I should stay on my BIOS rev, which IIRC is about 1408 (but that's from memory.) Maybe I'll upgrade when ASUS releases 2420 :LOL:

Is there any way to write out BIOS settings to a config file?

I sure can. Wedensday evening I spend 3-4 hours testing. It was a learning experience for sure, after knowning how to on my Intel platform :)
View attachment 259179

PS: Somewhere in Thaiphoon the designer is mentioned as SK Hynix, whatever that means in terms of what it is.

it's hynix AFR dies.. ok'ish but not very good for overclocking. if it was CJR then you would have better luck getting tighter timings. also if you're still having issues with it being stable, try changing either the tRCD or tRP timing from 22 to 23(only change one, not both).. there's a known quark with AFR dies that sometimes have issues with primary timings matching. see if that solves your stability issue.

For what it's worth, to get a stable 24/7 overclock on bios 1407 I needed 1.312V and now it does fine with 1.288V on 2407. Not sure what changed, I'm guessing they changed some voltages I don't normally look at. Also, I noticed on 1407 SOC voltage was set at 1.1v on auto for my ryzen 5 3600, and on the new bios it defaults to 1.025. Could that be causing the random reboots I've seen a couple people post about?

For what it's worth, to get a stable 24/7 overclock on bios 1407 I needed 1.312V and now it does fine with 1.288V on 2407. Not sure what changed, I'm guessing they changed some voltages I don't normally look at. Also, I noticed on 1407 SOC voltage was set at 1.1v on auto for my ryzen 5 3600, and on the new bios it defaults to 1.025. Could that be causing the random reboots I've seen a couple people post about?
yea the new ageas is sweet i got my 4400 stable where it wouldnt last 10s on prime95 on 1408.

it's hynix AFR dies.. ok'ish but not very good for overclocking. if it was CJR then you would have better luck getting tighter timings. also if you're still having issues with it being stable, try changing either the tRCD or tRP timing from 22 to 23(only change one, not both).. there's a known quark with AFR dies that sometimes have issues with primary timings matching. see if that solves your stability issue.
Ahh, that explains why they are not willing to go higher than 3733, before it stops booting, and I need to raise the voltage for it to be more stable. I'm not too comfy setting the voltage that high for longer periods, makes me a tad nervous. 3800MHz was an absolute logo 🙂 Memory at D.O.C.P are rock solid, been trying different timings, and speed, bit it looks like they are a bit unstable as soon as I try anything above XMP level. Which is fine at D.O.C.P. I don't really need then higher, I just like to see how far I can go. Curiosity you know.🙂

Ahh, that explains why they are not willing to go higher than 3733, before it stops booting, and I need to raise the voltage for it to be more stable. I'm not too comfy setting the voltage that high for longer periods, makes me a tad nervous. 3800MHz was an absolute logo 🙂 Memory at D.O.C.P are rock solid, been trying different timings, and speed, bit it looks like they are a bit unstable as soon as I try anything above XMP level. Which is fine at D.O.C.P. I don't really need then higher, I just like to see how far I can go. Curiosity you know.🙂

DDR4 should be fine up to 1.5v with decent airflow if they have a heatspreader. wouldn't go any higher than that though for 24/7 usage.

I get random reboots when using the latest 2407 bios with a 3900x and x570-i .happens when the computer is under load with cpu and gpu doing things. I never had any problem like this before upgrading to this bios. I also ran memtest86 and completed the test no errors 4 passes.

I get random reboots when using the latest 2407 bios with a 3900x and x570-i .happens when the computer is under load with cpu and gpu doing things. I never had any problem like this before upgrading to this bios. I also ran memtest86 and completed the test no errors 4 passes.

Is your system overclocked?

Do you get these if you reset the bios to default?

nope not oveclock running complete stock. I will be at the desktop watching youtube and the system will just turn off suddenly and reboot itself. It's completely random and i have no idea why. I have a seasonic titanium 650 watt powersupply. I never had this issue ever prior to updating to 2407. I am probably gonna roll back . I tried reflashing the bios 2407 again and loading system defaults but no fix.

nope not oveclock running complete stock. I will be at the desktop watching youtube and the system will just turn off suddenly and reboot itself. It's completely random and i have no idea why. I have a seasonic titanium 650 watt powersupply. I never had this issue ever prior to updating to 2407. I am probably gonna roll back . I tried reflashing the bios 2407 again and loading system defaults but no fix.

you going to roll back to Version 2203 or 1407?

you going to roll back to Version 2203 or 1407?
2407 also caused random reboots for me. I just rolled back to 2204 on my X570-P.

And generally speaking, you cannot (easily) roll back from a 2000-series BIOS to a 1000-series BIOS. You can only roll back from a higher 2000-series BIOS to a lower 2000-series BIOS.

Also experienced instability with random reboots and post failures on BIOS 2407. Just rolled back to 2204 without any issues so far.
Motherboard: Strix X570-E, CPU: 3900X, RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR4-3200 (CMW32GX4M2C3200C16)

Just registered to post that I also experienced random resets with this update.

3900x
ROG Strix X570-F

What is strange though is that it restarted like five minutes after running a stress test with OCCT PSU for three hours. So an 100% load wont cause the system to reset, but simply idling would. Could have been a coincidence.

Downgraded to 1407 just now, so will probably wait and see if the restarts happens again, couldn't really find a way to trigger them.

I upgraded to 2407 and right now it's good but I may have run into some potential issues with it at first. It solved the RAM instability issues I was having before so now I don't have to adjust the VDDCR SOC voltage with the DOCP profile to get the system always POST and boot properly. However, it seemed that right after updating I started getting noticeable frame hitching in nearly all the games that I tried and even some while watching YouTube videos.

I wanted to troubleshoot by uninstalling the RGB software I had such as CAM and Armoury Crate but Armoury Crate wouldn't uninstall all the way then I couldn't fully re-install it due to how terribly designed the whole process is with it so I was stuck. After doing a clean install of Windows the frame hitches seemed to have stopped.

I can't say for sure say if the frame hitches were caused by the BIOS update or RGB software or some weird mix of both but I know I had Armoury Crate installed before I updated the BIOS and didn't start seeing the same frame hitches until I updated to 2407.

Anyone know when to expect a new BIOS update?

I would imagine it is going to take a while before ASUS acknowledges the problem.

Just wanted to report that my ASRock X570 Taichi has reboot problems with the same AGESA version as the ASUS one. Rolled back and now solid as a rock. AMD needs to work on this.

I'm running 2203 and haven't had any problems with the system rebooting. Will see if this holds up.

I rolled back to 2203 from 2407 and i have not had any issues with the pc randomly rebooting. It's not anything to do with OS as I'm dual booting linux and win 10

When running my G.Skills with D.O.C.P settings I had a stable System with the previous BIOS 2203,
but when the Computer was turned off for a longer time, I had to start several times until it booted.
With the 2407 BIOSupdate it boots directly every time, but now I have random reboots, which never happended before.
I tried to set the DRAM Voltage slightly higher (from 1.35V to 1.36V) for more stability, but this made the reboots occur more frequent.
It's not caused by the OS - I'm also dual-booting linux & win 10.

Last edited:
When running my G.Skills with D.O.C.P settings I had a stable System with the previous BIOS 2203,
but when the Computer was turned off for a longer time, I had to start several times until it booted.
With the 2407 BIOSupdate it boots directly every time, but now I have random reboots, which never happended before.
I tried to set the DRAM Voltage slightly higher (from 1.35V to 1.36V) for more stability, but this made the reboots occur more frequent.
It's not caused by the OS - I'm also dual-booting linux & win 10.

i'm on the same board with no issue and also using Gskill memory but only 16GB's, I wonder if you would still see the issue if you tested with only 2 sticks of memory?

issues seem random almost on who has a problem or not we have nearly same systems and 1 person works great other has issues lol thats computers for you tho.

Back