New ASUS X570 BIOS Update [02/05/2021] - Version 3405

Based on my tiny sample size of 3 Ryzen machines (obviously, take this with a rather large grain of salt), I find that the 2x16GB sticks are "binned" better than the 2x8GB sticks.

All are Hynix AFRs. The 2x16GBs can all do 3600 C16 but with loosened primary timings except for CAS.

My 3700X and my 3600 are running 3200 (16-18-18-36) rated sticks at 3600 at latency 16-19-20-38, with tightened secondary/tertiary timings.

Try the following....

Gear Down Mode Enabled
OR
Run 2T Command Rate
Play around with the PROCODT settings, I have mine at 48. These settings will obviously vary from machine to machine.

Last edited:
Upgraded to the new 2603 (from 2204) on my TUF Gaming X570-Pus (Wifi). Pulled the battery and shorted the CMOS jumper to be extra thorough. Put in all my memory settings manually (using DRAM Calc fast settings) and booted back into Windows. Ran a TM5 stress test for 1.5 hours without issue. About three hours after that it randomly rebooted while idle. Going to try switching back to D.O.C.P only and see if that helps.

Switching to D.O.C.P settings and left the computer alone. I came back after 14 hours and no reboots. I'll point out that the calculator settings are close to D.O.C.P., and the voltages are about the same according to Ryzen Master. I may tinker some more to see what setting(s) cause the reboots.

Safe vs DOCP.png

I think you have a misconception of the docp setting. It doesn't populate all the sub timings, only the main timings ie. the 4 main timings. You can confirm this by enabling docp then entering the timings and you'll see the timings that are not set are set to auto. From memory my docp only populated the 4 main timings and the rest were auto'd.

Regarding the voltage, there are what's know as bugs, as in the sensor is being read incorrectly by software. We have to use our best judgement to decide whether its real or not. If you were actually running 1.36v on your soc and as yuou implied all those bios's were overvolting everyone's soc, there'd be a lot of dead cpus.
Sorry. BIOS manufacturers can opt not to auto-detect the secondary timings or even command rate (if programmed). All BIOS manufacturers, whether for Intel or AMD platforms, are required to autodetect the XMP profile's primary timings, tested clock speed and voltage from the SPDs. The other timings may be programmed into the SPDs, but BIOS manufacturers may opt out of such autodetection. Therefore, it is not surprising that some BIOSes end up selecting settings that are way out of whack with what the memory module manufacturer expected.

By the way, the Ryzen DRAM calculator does not have anything at all whatsoever for my current memory modules' Hynix MJR chip yet. The closest M-die Hynix profile was for the older MFR chips.

And you might be correct that the Ryzen Master software overstates the SOC voltage of the Asus BIOS settings. With the newer BIOSes, Ryzen Master detects "1.1V" with the SOC voltage is set to "AUTO" in the BIOS itself (and the BIOS readout itself is indicated as such), but the newer BIOSes may actually be undervolting the SOC. And that is the primary cause of the random reboots and random shutdowns even during idle. In this instance, then the only way to "fix" that would be to manually set the SOC voltage to the desired value.

In other words, the only way to achieve purely "plug-and-play" stability with any platform, especially a Ryzen platform, would be to only use JEDEC RAM (this means relatively slow RAM with relatively loose timings).

Last edited:
Sorry. BIOS manufacturers can opt not to auto-detect the secondary timings or even command rate (if programmed). All BIOS manufacturers, whether for Intel or AMD platforms, are required to autodetect the XMP profile's primary timings, tested clock speed and voltage from the SPDs. The other timings may be programmed into the SPDs, but BIOS manufacturers may opt out of such autodetection. Therefore, it is not surprising that some BIOSes end up selecting settings that are way out of whack with what the memory module manufacturer expected.

By the way, the Ryzen DRAM calculator does not have anything at all whatsoever for my current memory modules' Hynix MJR chip yet. The closest M-die Hynix profile was for the older MFR chips.

And you might be correct that the Ryzen Master software overstates the SOC voltage of the Asus BIOS settings. With the newer BIOSes, Ryzen Master detects "1.1V" with the SOC voltage is set to "AUTO" in the BIOS itself (and the BIOS readout itself is indicated as such), but the newer BIOSes may actually be undervolting the SOC. And that is the primary cause of the random reboots and random shutdowns even during idle. In this instance, then the only way to "fix" that would be to manually set the SOC voltage to the desired value.

Did u tested it to put the SOC to 1.1v and get rid of the random reboots?

Let's be honest. I like my AMD rig, but the fact RAM settings are still an issue isn't a good thing. Intel just works with XMP.

I have no issues running the Fast preset i'm on it right now.

Switching to D.O.C.P settings and left the computer alone. I came back after 14 hours and no reboots. I'll point out that the calculator settings are close to D.O.C.P., and the voltages are about the same according to Ryzen Master. I may tinker some more to see what setting(s) cause the reboots.

View attachment 268554

Why do you have a bunch of Zero's on the bottom left corner?

Are you actually exporting your config from Thaiphoon burner then importing the XMP into Dram Calc ?

This is what mine looks like if I set it for 3600 speed and the fast preset.

B-die-3600.png

Last edited:
did anyone else noticed now under dram clocks we have 3400 now before closest i had to that was 3466 or 3533.

did anyone else noticed now under dram clocks we have 3400 now before closest i had to that was 3466 or 3533.
Yep, it seems they flatten the clocks.
I wonder that my 4x8 Hynx cl16 3600 neos are unstable with 4 Dimms instead of 2 Dimms. I run that on Bios 1407 flawlessy.

Are you actually exporting your config from Thaiphoon burner then importing the XMP into Dram Calc ?

View attachment 268593
U have B-Dies, thats the Top of the Cherry Cake, i would wonder when u NOT getting such good stable OC.

I never Know that the Gskills have different Memory Types like b die/hynx and so on. I purchased the Neos i sayd hey look a 2x8 kit cl16 rated 3600! It would run good with my new ryzen build. Ordered 2x 2x8 GB and installed. Was running good and all of a sudden after new Bios i got random reboots.

Idk if it something related to windows 2004...
If i have docp on at my Bios, i can let Bios Open 24/7 and it will not reboot or crash

U have B-Dies, thats the Top of the Cherry Cake, i would wonder when u NOT getting such good stable OC.

I never Know that the Gskills have different Memory Types like b die/hynx and so on. I purchased the Neos i sayd hey look a 2x8 kit cl16 rated 3600! It would run good with my new ryzen build. Ordered 2x 2x8 GB and installed. Was running good and all of a sudden after new Bios i got random reboots.

Idk if it something related to windows 2004...
If i have docp on at my Bios, i can let Bios Open 24/7 and it will not reboot or crash

Install Thaiphoon burner and export the memory config. Then in the Ryzen dram calc import it.

Set the speed to 3600 and use the Safe profile.

Now go into your bios set it to manual and not D.O.C.P then enter in all the info from the safe preset.

Then check if the Idle reboots are still happening.

And yes i'm still on build 1909 I never jump to new builds until they have been out for a few months.

I tried using the imported values and I couldn't get the BIOS to boot. Never bothered to figure out the issue as I used safe for a while and when that was stable, switched to fast. This was all on the 2204 version of my BIOS.

Install Thaiphoon burner and export the memory config. Then in the Ryzen dram calc import it.

Set the speed to 3600 and use the Safe profile.

Now go into your bios set it to manual and not D.O.C.P then enter in all the info from the safe preset.

Then check if the Idle reboots are still happening.

And yes i'm still on build 1909 I never jump to new builds until they have been out for a few months.

Should i put ALL settings in my Bios or only for example the first 4 timings

16 19 19 19 39 58 3600 and flck to 1800 dram voltage to 1.4 and soc to 1.1?

Im really really new to dram OC and it all feels like a new world to me.

I tried using the imported values and I couldn't get the BIOS to boot. Never bothered to figure out the issue as I used safe for a while and when that was stable, switched to fast. This was all on the 2204 version of my BIOS.

It doesn't boot from the imported value even if you keep the speeds at stock?

Should i put ALL settings in my Bios or only for example the first 4 timings

16 19 19 19 39 58 3600 and flck to 1800 dram voltage to 1.4 and soc to 1.1?

Im really really new to dram OC and it all feels like a new world to me.

Enter everything in the Safe profile from Ryzen dram calc!

It doesn't boot from the imported value even if you keep the speeds at stock?

That's correct.The calculator seems to think my kit can do CL14, but it just won't boot with these settings. I'm not surprised. They are rated CL16@3600 and are dual rank.

Manual Safe - 01.png

Hmm then it sounds like there is some kinda compatibility issue with your Hynix memory modules and the newer bioses.

The manual settings never worked for me on any BIOS version. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't really have the time to play with the settings and tighten them up. Need my PC up and stable since I'm working from home.

I don't really have the time to play with the settings and tighten them up. Need my PC up and stable since I'm working from home.

understood i've been working from home myself since March.

Yep testes it out, i have the same issue like BBQ. Even in Safe Preset Dram Calc is thinking i can run cl14..
And i saw we have the same RAMS

Not booting at all, need to pin cmos with a screwer

Do u run now jedec settings HoT BBQ?

The last thing i test now it putting all on Manual speed flck timings 16 19 19 19 19 39 58 soc to 1.1 and ram voltage to 1.4 if that not working i go RMA my Ram.

Yep testes it out, i have the same issue like BBQ. Even in Safe Preset Dram Calc is thinking i can run cl14..
And i saw we have the same RAMS

Not booting at all, need to pin cmos with a screwer

Do u run now jedec settings HoT BBQ?

The last thing i test now it putting all on Manual speed flck timings 16 19 19 19 19 39 58 soc to 1.1 and ram voltage to 1.4 if that not working i go RMA my Ram.

Are you both using the same Memory modules?

Are you both using the same Memory modules?
Yep, same speeds same Hynx.

Im on 2004 at the newest Bios

Can anyone send me the link for the bios 2204?
Cannot find them on the x570e strox support site

And next question, if i put the bios file, rename it, and put it on a thumbdrive, can i just downgrade by my mainboards back usb bios reflash?

Yes, the downgrade from a 2000-series BIOS to a 1000-series BIOS is only supported via the USB BIOS Flashback feature on the ROG motherboards.

And since there is currently no profile at all whatsoever on the Ryzen DRAM calculator for either the Samsung C-die or the Hynix MJR chips, I had to tinker a bit with the settings. I finally got my Hynix MJR-based G.Skill RAM kit running stable at the DDR4-3600 DOCP profile, but with a few tweaks.

Yes, the downgrade from a 2000-series BIOS to a 1000-series BIOS is only supported via the USB BIOS Flashback feature on the ROG motherboards.

And since there is currently no profile at all whatsoever on the Ryzen DRAM calculator for either the Samsung C-die or the Hynix MJR chips, I had to tinker a bit with the settings. I finally got my Hynix MJR-based G.Skill RAM kit running stable at the DDR4-3600 DOCP profile, but with a few tweaks.
Can u please explain step by step what u did? I would love that

Can u please explain step by step what u did? I would love that
Simple. Download and extract the 1407 (or whichever older BIOS version), then rename it to whichever motherboard file name (for example, for the ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, the file name should be SX570EG.CAP), then copy that BIOS file to a smaller-capacity USB flash drive. Then, after you shut down your system, plug in that USB flash drive that you just copied the BIOS file onto to the USB port that's immediately adjacent to the BIOS flashback button, and then press and hold that BIOS flashback button for at least three seconds. Then, if you see a blinking yellow LED, let it flash until it stops blinking. Then power your system back on, then go into the BIOS and re-enter all the settings as desired.

Simple. Download and extract the 1407 (or whichever older BIOS version), then rename it to whichever motherboard file name (for example, for the ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, the file name should be SX570EG.CAP), then copy that BIOS file to a smaller-capacity USB flash drive. Then, after you shut down your system, plug in that USB flash drive that you just copied the BIOS file onto to the USB port that's immediately adjacent to the BIOS flashback button, and then press and hold that BIOS flashback button for at least three seconds. Then, if you see a blinking yellow LED, let it flash until it stops blinking. Then power your system back on, then go into the BIOS and re-enter all the settings as desired.

guys! i found it, it was the soc vddg voltage the whole time .. when i loaded the docp profile, the mainboard indicated a soc voltage of 1.1 and also displayed it, but this value was still not available in windows and it led to crashing and rebooting... just set it manually from auto to 1.1 and there are no reboots

New BIOS uploaded a few days ago:

Version 2602 2020/08/07

Improve system performance and stability
Improve Fan control function
Improve DRAM stability
Update AM4 AGESA combo V2 PI 1.0.8.0
Improve system stability
Improve DRAM performance

What bios u using Eagle? The 1407?

I was happy to early, even with my 1.1v my system crashed.
It even broke my new keyboard on reboot (complety broke, no leds Mechanic Keyboard from fnatic)

Im going to 1407 now if that not helping i returning everything and build me a intel Based Machine.

Last edited:
im liking this new bios my samsung c-die 3200 clocks to 3400 pretty decently 3466 and 3533 was semi stable this ram chips suck for overclocking.

What bios u using Eagle? The 1407?
I am on 2602. My system is now stable with my RAM'S DOCP settings with manually-tweaked tRC and VDDCR SOC.

Also, my board is quite picky as to where I plug in a USB keyboard and mouse. At first I plugged them into the USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (the board has no USB 2.0 ports included). But then, turning on an external USB hard drive that was attached to a USB 3.1 Gen 2 port caused the mouse to lock up often.

I then discovered that the USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports are directly from the CPU itself while the USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports are from the chipset. In other words, the keyboard and mouse got interfered with by the external HDD. So I had to switch the plug connectors so that the mouse and keyboard are in the chipset-controlled ports while using the CPU-controlled ports for my storage devices. No more stuttering on the mouse.

I rolled back to 1409 to test. I also did a comparison of dram calc versions and I think this shit is all down to dram calc. Fuck me! Each successive version of dram calc has tightened the latencies/settings further and further. No wonder settings that you think should work cuz they're in dram calc right, wrong. Dram calc has led me into a rabbit hole, smh. I'm still digging into it at this point but wanted to let you guys know what i found.

At this point inputting the same fast settings from dram calc 1.7.3 into bios 1409 = the same crashing issues but it's actually much worst. That tells me the 2603 bios was handling these shit latencies with much more grace than 1409. I've reverted to stock memory latencies to run all the different calc versions. Btw, I'm using g.skill 3600 c16 B-dies so they have a ton of play when it comes to latencies.

Last edited:
I rolled back to 1409 to test. I also did a comparison of dram calc versions and I think this shit is all down to dram calc. Fuck me! Each successive version of dram calc has tightened the latencies further and further. No wonder settings that you think should work cuz they're in dram calc right, wrong. Dram calc has led me into a rabbit hole, smh. I'm still digging into it at this point but wanted to let you guys know what i found.

At this point inputting the same fast settings from dram calc 1.7.3 into bios 1409 = the same crashing issues but it's actually much worst. That tells me the 2603 bios was handling these shit latencies with much more grace than 1409. I've reverted to stock memory latencies to run all the different calc versions. Btw, I'm using g.skill 3600 c16 B-dies so they have a ton of play when it comes to latencies.

Ah i stoped trying to use dram calc awhile ago none of its settings really work for c-die for me might be why i had less issues id manualy do my timings followed by testing with karhuso ramtest and Mem Test Pro 7.0.

Ah i stoped trying to use dram calc awhile ago none of its settings really work for c-die for me might be why i had less issues id manualy do my timings followed by testing with karhuso ramtest and Mem Test Pro 7.0.

Yeap, these crashy issues really reminded me to not trust it so much. And to take more pics as I had thrown settings into profiles and forgotten key bits that I just spent the last hour or two unearthing all over again, smh. My system does not like running 1T command rate with gear down disabled. And dram calc is like super default disable gear down in every setting, lol. There were a couple other settings I had to deviate from dram calc as well. Once I got that fixed, I can run 3800,hz/1900fclk at c15 again on bios 2602, wipes brow.

No problems on 2602 since I tweaked the settings.

I now know why my board sets the TRC to 83 instead of 64 with my current RAM: It thought I was still using the JEDEC values for timings (after compensating the speed from its native DDR4-2666 to DDR4-3600) rather than the XMP values. This meant that the AMD BIOSes assume that I was running my DDR4-3600 RAM at 27-25-25-58 timings instead of the advertised 18-22-22-42 timings @ DDR4-3600 speed! (Trc must be equal to or greater than the sum of the last two figures in the primary timings group.) That does impact overall system performance somewhat. So, in addition to manually setting my VDDCR SOC voltage from "Auto" to 1.05V, I re-tweaked the Trc value from 83 to 64.

I took your advice and manually set the SOC voltage to 1.1 (AUTO was picking the same value) paired with the safe DRAM Calc settings. I haven't had a reboot yet and im 24+ hours in.

Last edited:
I'm with the 2602 but i still get Kernel Power Errors (when waking from sleep) and i have no idea where this issue is coming from.

No problems on 2602 since I tweaked the settings.

I now know why my board sets the TRC to 83 instead of 64 with my current RAM: It thought I was still using the JEDEC values for timings (after compensating the speed from its native DDR4-2666 to DDR4-3600) rather than the XMP values. This meant that the AMD BIOSes assume that I was running my DDR4-3600 RAM at 27-25-25-58 timings instead of the advertised 18-22-22-42 timings @ DDR4-3600 speed! (Trc must be equal to or greater than the sum of the last two figures in the primary timings group.) That does impact overall system performance somewhat. So, in addition to manually setting my VDDCR SOC voltage from "Auto" to 1.05V, I re-tweaked the Trc value from 83 to 64.

Is it safe to put my vddcr soc vootage to 1.125? Since that my rams are stable at 3600 cl16

Dram calc is crazy. There are some serious changes from v1.70 to 1.73. For my gkills v1.70 v1 safe starts similar to docp, but the sub timings are tuned pretty well still using stock soc voltage and stock dram voltage. 1.73 actually loosens the timings a hair, but here it starts with the gear down mess. But the real kicker are the fast settings. In 1.70 voltage on fast setting is 1.45v and in 1.73 voltage on fast setting is 1.38v. That drop in voltage will obviously create stability issues if you're on the threshold of stability. Thus from what I saw, you really need to judge for yourself and put in a lot of salt cuz some of these settings are just whacked. Add to that individual system issues like for ex. my setup will not take gear down at all. And power down disabled will set command rate to 1T. Docp is totally stable btw and it sets command rate to 1T as long as gear down and power down are on auto. Thus in my case I have to ignore what dram calc says other wise it's endless reboots. Btw, these stability issues I saw alo manifested themselves thru WHEA errors, so if you are getting random reboots while idle that's probably what it is. Also, I should note that CAS hates to run at odd latencies and dram calc loves throwing up odd CAS numbers. I've actually chatted with gskill about this, because previously I've owned cas15 dram which never ran at cas15, it always ran at CAS16. Gskill stated that to run odd numbered CAS you have to disable gear down, that's great right? Yea... just something to keep in mind. On my particular system, I can run the 3 other primaries at c15 but the primary CAS will not take 15 even though that's what I input, it instead runs at 16. AT 3600mhz tuned I can run CAS14 w/o a problem but then that's an even number.

I have to admit I was blaming the bios for these pita issues. Sorry ROG team. :cry:

Last edited:
Back