New ASUS X570 BIOS Update [02/05/2021] - Version 3405

Version 2802 2020/10/23 19.72 MBytes

ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING BIOS 2802
"1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility"
2802 broke compatibility with my system's current G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600 64 GB kit. With this BIOS, my system will now only rarely POST at all at the XMP settings no matter what I tried. I had to back off the memory speed down to DDR4-3466 speed to run stably.

2802 broke compatibility with my system's current G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600 64 GB kit. With this BIOS, my system will now only rarely POST at all at the XMP settings no matter what I tried. I had to back off the memory speed down to DDR4-3466 speed to run stably.
Just updated my Hero. I was still on 1201 from December 2019. I'll post back as I have 64 GB of gskill 3600 as well, but mine is the Hynix chips rip jaws version.

Update: I updated and imported my settings. When I apply my settings, it will not even boot, just powers down. I have to clear CMOS just to get a boot. I'll play with it more tonight.

Update 2: I had to reflash. It's like the first flash took halfway. BIOS flashback didn't work, so I flashed from EZ Flash or whatever within BIOS. Then, I noticed all my profiles were still listed even though they were blank. I copied BIOS to a different flash drive and BIOS flashback worked. Then I was able to import my old settings and boot right up. Weird. I'm running at 3600 speeds with 64 GB at the same settings as before. 1.35v on memory, 1.05v on SOC with no other changes made to the power settings at all.

Last edited:
Quick update.... fingers crossed but I believe I may have solved my random reboots that were happening. However, I am getting (at least once or twice a day) the following (and usually in quick succession):

View attachment 293334

What I find interesting is that it's saying that it corrected an error...but the error type shows no error? I've ran Prime-95 for about an hour or so and Memtest86 passed with 0 errors. I am kind of at a loss on this one...

I saw your previous post but it doesn't have any info on your setup. Are you just running docp or manual, etc? Anyways WHEA errors are memory/imc related so try raising the memory voltage or a slight bump to the soc voltage.

New BIOS, posted as beta

PRIME X570-PRO BIOS 2812
"1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch C
2. Improve system stability
3. Improve DRAM compatibility "

Question for anyone that can answer the new fmax option is bassicly just easy mode edc bug option or something else ?

I'm running on the Patch C bios and I have to share that the tolerances are getting real tight. I used to be able a bit tighter timings on the much older bios' but on the flip side there are some interesting finds like running 3800mhz/1900mhz with auto voltage on the SOC. I'm running 3800mhz at cas 16 across the board btw. There's some give and take compared to the old bios and tweaking the newer bios' is a bit more tedious.

pro tip, if you are tweaking and using hwinfo w/ afterburner, set the whea errors to display on your tray icon. Then you can see errors easily as you go.

I just went to version 2311 for my ROG Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard today. I've been running it for near 12 hours now. So far so good at this point. I won't go to version 2402 though until it is out of BETA. That will likely happen though sooner than later. Out!

New BIOS, posted as beta

PRIME X570-PRO BIOS 2812
"1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch C
2. Improve system stability
3. Improve DRAM compatibility "

2802 messed around with my fan curves (seemed to lock speed to 40%+), this beta bios seems to fix them again.

ROG Strix X570-F Gaming

Anyone run into anything similar and know how to rectify?

Asus X570-Plus TUF Wi-Fi
2x16GB Crucial 3600
Asus Strix GTX970 (waiting for Radeon 6000)
Seasonic 750W
NZXT Kraken X63 AIO

Cleared CMOS, flashed to 2812 BIOS, removed the 3400G, and installed a 5800X...no POST.

Pop the 3400G back in and it boots fine.

Will try the 2802 BIOS later today after work.

Anyone run into issues getting an ASUS X570 to POST with a new Ryzen 5000 series?

Just updated my Hero. I was still on 1201 from December 2019. I'll post back as I have 64 GB of gskill 3600 as well, but mine is the Hynix chips rip jaws version.

Update: I updated and imported my settings. When I apply my settings, it will not even boot, just powers down. I have to clear CMOS just to get a boot. I'll play with it more tonight.

Update 2: I had to reflash. It's like the first flash took halfway. BIOS flashback didn't work, so I flashed from EZ Flash or whatever within BIOS. Then, I noticed all my profiles were still listed even though they were blank. I copied BIOS to a different flash drive and BIOS flashback worked. Then I was able to import my old settings and boot right up. Weird. I'm running at 3600 speeds with 64 GB at the same settings as before. 1.35v on memory, 1.05v on SOC with no other changes made to the power settings at all.
I had to go back to BIOS 2602 and now I still can't find stability with Memtest 86. I set SOC up to 1.0625 and DRAM up to 1.355. I can run Prime 95 large FFTs for 5 hours with no issues, but memtest finishes with like 80 or 90 errors. It takes 10 hours to do all 4 passes, so I basically can test once per day.

I'm running on the Patch C bios and I have to share that the tolerances are getting real tight. I used to be able a bit tighter timings on the much older bios' but on the flip side there are some interesting finds like running 3800mhz/1900mhz with auto voltage on the SOC. I'm running 3800mhz at cas 16 across the board btw. There's some give and take compared to the old bios and tweaking the newer bios' is a bit more tedious.

pro tip, if you are tweaking and using hwinfo w/ afterburner, set the whea errors to display on your tray icon. Then you can see errors easily as you go.
This is very interesting. I may have to try just setting the whole thing back to XMP settings, then upping the fclk to 1900 and setting RAM to 3800. As I've said many times. So far, I've had two 3900x chips and one 3950x. Never seen fclk 1900, can't even boot to it, even when I was using B-Die memory rated for 4000 speeds at 19-19-19-39 1.35v.

This is very interesting. I may have to try just setting the whole thing back to XMP settings, then upping the fclk to 1900 and setting RAM to 3800. As I've said many times. So far, I've had two 3900x chips and one 3950x. Never seen fclk 1900, can't even boot to it, even when I was using B-Die memory rated for 4000 speeds at 19-19-19-39 1.35v.

Manually set the sub voltages like CCD/IOD/VDDP. The irony is that I'm running auto on SOC yet manual on those other voltages, lol.

Manually set the sub voltages like CCD/IOD/VDDP. The irony is that I'm running auto on SOC yet manual on those other voltages, lol.
Worth a shot. In the past, I set them all according to the 1smus calculator. When I got my 64 gb kit, I just set timings and soc voltage and was good to go.

Are you messing with all of the power settings in the VRM Digi menu, LLC, power phase, etc?

Worth a shot. In the past, I set them all according to the 1smus calculator. When I got my 64 gb kit, I just set timings and soc voltage and was good to go.

Are you messing with all of the power settings in the VRM Digi menu, LLC, power phase, etc?

I didn't set LLC, still on auto. I do however raise board power usage on cpu and soc. That in conjunction with PBO on manual control (in cpu advanced), setting it to use board limits. Hmm, the other thing I do is set the vrm and dram profiles to extreme.

I didn't set LLC, still on auto. I do however raise board power usage on cpu and soc. That in conjunction with PBO on manual control (in cpu advanced), setting it to use board limits. Hmm, the other thing I do is set the vrm and dram profiles to extreme.
Thanks man. Any way you could export your settings to a text file and pm it to me?

I updated to the latest beta BIOS on my Crosshair VIII Hero using BIOS flashback (before I installed the 5800x) - so far so good.

Thanks man. Any way you could export your settings to a text file and pm it to me?

In a day I could. I've been plagued by a drive error and as it turns out my 10tb ironwolf is dying so I'm the process of transferring from backup to new drive. It's so damn annoying cuz its literally two months out of warranty, grrr.

In a day I could. I've been plagued by a drive error and as it turns out my 10tb ironwolf is dying so I'm the process of transferring from backup to new drive. It's so damn annoying cuz its literally two months out of warranty, grrr.
Man, that's terrible. Good luck with the transfer. I'll play with it and let you know.

Anyone run into anything similar and know how to rectify?

Asus X570-Plus TUF Wi-Fi
2x16GB Crucial 3600
Asus Strix GTX970 (waiting for Radeon 6000)
Seasonic 750W
NZXT Kraken X63 AIO

Cleared CMOS, flashed to 2812 BIOS, removed the 3400G, and installed a 5800X...no POST.

Pop the 3400G back in and it boots fine.

Will try the 2802 BIOS later today after work.

Anyone run into issues getting an ASUS X570 to POST with a new Ryzen 5000 series?

UPDATE from some troubleshooting last night:

1. Flashed the BIOS to v2802, installed the 5800X with the GTX970, and still will not POST and boot.
2. Reinstalled the 3400G and pulled the GTX970, manually forced all PCIe to Gen3, then reinstalled the GTX970, and it went through POST and booted to Windows.
3. With the BIOS still set to force Gen3 mode on the PCIe slots, swapped over to the 5800X, and now will not POST and boot.
4. Swapped back over to the 3400G, no POST and boot, so pulled the GTX970...POST and booted.
5. Checked the PCIe mode in BIOS - reverted back to "Auto".

I suspect there's a bug in these Zen3 compatible BIOS revisions from ASUS that, when a 5000 series CPU is installed, automatically sets the PCIe slots to Auto or Gen4, despite it being set for Gen3 prior to Zen3 CPU installation.

Long story short: my friend is either going to:
1. Wait and hope luck is on his side to snag a Radeon 6800XT or an eVGA 3080 since he's in their queue...whichever happens first.
2. Buy a cheap 1050/1600 series GPU (and hope that it works since they are also PCIe Gen3) since he plans to build a mITX HTPC system based around the 3400G once he can get his 5800X paired with a latest-gen GPU and hope all plays nicely.

I had to go back to BIOS 2602 and now I still can't find stability with Memtest 86. I set SOC up to 1.0625 and DRAM up to 1.355. I can run Prime 95 large FFTs for 5 hours with no issues, but memtest finishes with like 80 or 90 errors. It takes 10 hours to do all 4 passes, so I basically can test once per day.
So, I figured out my problem. I kept trying different BIOS versions and saved profiles, then went back to just straight up XMP settings. Then I went back to BIOS 1201 and loaded my stable profile from there. No matter what, I kept getting memtest86 errors. I could run P95 large FFTs for hours. The fact that I reverted to a stable BIOS and known settings through up a flag. I tested each RAM stick individually in slot A2 on the motherboard. The first 3 made it through the first pass with no errors. The last stick, which was in slot B1, the closest to the CPU socket and most likely, the last memory to be accessed started throwing errors immediately. I was up to 800+ errors in under 15 minutes. Bad stick of RAM that just showed itself after messing wtih BIOS. I only had the computer actually lock up one time while running P95, but it was a bad one and I thought I may have to reload Windows. I guess since I have 64GB and I'm not using nearly that much RAM, I've been lucky. I've never actually had RAM go bad in any of my personal computers although I've diagnosed it on others. Now I'm waiting for RMA from G.Skill. Glad I hadn't sold my 32 GB B Die kit yet. I was actually relieved when that 4th stick error'd out. Now, I wish someone could give me back 8 or 10 hours of my life back.

So, I figured out my problem. I kept trying different BIOS versions and saved profiles, then went back to just straight up XMP settings. Then I went back to BIOS 1201 and loaded my stable profile from there. No matter what, I kept getting memtest86 errors. I could run P95 large FFTs for hours. The fact that I reverted to a stable BIOS and known settings through up a flag. I tested each RAM stick individually in slot A2 on the motherboard. The first 3 made it through the first pass with no errors. The last stick, which was in slot B1, the closest to the CPU socket and most likely, the last memory to be accessed started throwing errors immediately. I was up to 800+ errors in under 15 minutes. Bad stick of RAM that just showed itself after messing wtih BIOS. I only had the computer actually lock up one time while running P95, but it was a bad one and I thought I may have to reload Windows. I guess since I have 64GB and I'm not using nearly that much RAM, I've been lucky. I've never actually had RAM go bad in any of my personal computers although I've diagnosed it on others. Now I'm waiting for RMA from G.Skill. Glad I hadn't sold my 32 GB B Die kit yet. I was actually relieved when that 4th stick error'd out. Now, I wish someone could give me back 8 or 10 hours of my life back.

good troubleshooting dude!

good troubleshooting dude!
Thanks. What is so odd was that I never had any random reboots or any other problems with normal use of the computer. Just one hang in P95. I ran it for 5.5 hours the other day with no problem at all while Memtest would show errors. Very strange.

S Now I'm waiting for RMA from G.Skill. Glad I hadn't sold my 32 GB B Die kit yet. I was actually relieved when that 4th stick error'd out. Now, I wish someone could give me back 8 or 10 hours of my life back.
You and meet both. I had a similar issue with Windows randomly rebooting, but always without a blue screen. I had Crucial RAM and the whole RMA process went smoothly. That was about six months ago now, and the system has been rock steady. Of course, I haven't yet had the nerve to upgrade the BIOS (X570 ROG Strix-E or try any tweaking.

UPDATE from some troubleshooting last night:

1. Flashed the BIOS to v2802, installed the 5800X with the GTX970, and still will not POST and boot.
2. Reinstalled the 3400G and pulled the GTX970, manually forced all PCIe to Gen3, then reinstalled the GTX970, and it went through POST and booted to Windows.
3. With the BIOS still set to force Gen3 mode on the PCIe slots, swapped over to the 5800X, and now will not POST and boot.
4. Swapped back over to the 3400G, no POST and boot, so pulled the GTX970...POST and booted.
5. Checked the PCIe mode in BIOS - reverted back to "Auto".

I suspect there's a bug in these Zen3 compatible BIOS revisions from ASUS that, when a 5000 series CPU is installed, automatically sets the PCIe slots to Auto or Gen4, despite it being set for Gen3 prior to Zen3 CPU installation.

Long story short: my friend is either going to:
1. Wait and hope luck is on his side to snag a Radeon 6800XT or an eVGA 3080 since he's in their queue...whichever happens first.
2. Buy a cheap 1050/1600 series GPU (and hope that it works since they are also PCIe Gen3) since he plans to build a mITX HTPC system based around the 3400G once he can get his 5800X paired with a latest-gen GPU and hope all plays nicely.

For some reason every time I flash the bios on this X570-F Gaming my graphics won't boot. Have to remove the card, turn on without it, turn off, put the card back and turn on again lol.

Man, that's terrible. Good luck with the transfer. I'll play with it and let you know.

Thanks dude.

After I got my drive sorted out, I sold my 4x8gb sticks for a reasonable gskill set of 2x16gb 4000mhz/C17 ram. I'm currently running it at 3800mhz with 1900 IF. IF is on auto voltage and so are the secondary voltages too. These sticks are better binned than my old 4x16 3600mhz/C16 dimms... so I'm running less dram voltage at the same speeds that the 3600mhz ran at.

Thanks dude.

After I got my drive sorted out, I sold my 4x8gb sticks for a reasonable gskill set of 2x16gb 4000mhz/C17 ram. I'm currently running it at 3800mhz with 1900 IF. IF is on auto voltage and so are the secondary voltages too. These sticks are better binned than my old 4x16 3600mhz/C16 dimms... so I'm running less dram voltage at the same speeds that the 3600mhz ran at.
C17 4000, sounds pricey.

C17 4000, sounds pricey.

It was 260 minus a 10 code from the egg. It's actually cheap considering what I originally paid for the 4x8gb back when DDR4 prices were astronomical, too embarrassed to look up exactly lol. And then ofc what I got for my old ram so it wasn't too bad.

For some reason every time I flash the bios on this X570-F Gaming my graphics won't boot. Have to remove the card, turn on without it, turn off, put the card back and turn on again lol.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have him try that.

What GPU do you have?

He is waiting on a Radeon 5600XT to arrive, so hopefully a GPU with a native PCIe 4.0 interface will solve his woes.

It was 260 minus a 10 code from the egg. It's actually cheap considering what I originally paid for the 4x8gb back when DDR4 prices were astronomical, too embarrassed to look up exactly lol. And then ofc what I got for my old ram so it wasn't too bad.
I think I paid $340 for my g.skill 2x16 B-Die 4000 19-19-19-39. That was July or August 2019.

The 64 GB of G.Skill Hynix 3600 16-19-19-39 cost me $279.99 on sale at Newegg in September.

While testing a 5800x, I noticed that the latest bios 2812, it ignores using PBO in advanced mode when power is set to motherboard limits.

Has anyone come across this on their boards? Hell, when I use manual PBO and set the power limit to say 180w, the chip only goes up to 130w...

This worked as it should on Zen2 but Zen3... the board just ignores everything.

Did anyone mention there being a bug with 10% perfomance loss on the X570-E when combined with a ryzen 5000 cpu? i can not find in the comment anymore.

I am currently still waiting for my 5900 to get shipped which could be weeks but i already bought a X570 Strix E because it was a good deal at 220$ with the 30$ asus cashback

While testing a 5800x, I noticed that the latest bios 2812, it ignores using PBO in advanced mode when power is set to motherboard limits.

Has anyone come across this on their boards? Hell, when I use manual PBO and set the power limit to say 180w, the chip only goes up to 130w...

This worked as it should on Zen2 but Zen3... the board just ignores everything.
I didn't bother setting that and left it at "auto"...you can see my settings in that screencap in the 5800x OC thread where we were talking about AMD Curve Optimizer (or lack thereof).

Question: when I run multi-core workloads with PBO, it seems to cap out at 4.5 GHz or so, around 70-72C. How do I try to push that to a higher all-core? Do I up the CPU ratio? I don't want it to run at those speeds all the time, just when needed.

I didn't bother setting that and left it at "auto"...you can see my settings in that screencap in the 5800x OC thread where we were talking about AMD Curve Optimizer (or lack thereof).

Question: when I run multi-core workloads with PBO, it seems to cap out at 4.5 GHz or so, around 70-72C. How do I try to push that to a higher all-core? Do I up the CPU ratio? I don't want it to run at those speeds all the time, just when needed.

Two parts to that, the power limit and the scalar multiplier.

Cross your fingers, the latest Strix-E beta bios is out.

Version 2816 Beta Version

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios/

Edit: booted up on my 3800/1900 settings @ stock voltage. These dimms are so great running 3800c16 at 1.36v. Will try for 4000/2000 in a lil after confirming stability.

Edit: 4000/2000 booted up on stock soc voltage but throws quite a few whea errors yet it feels stable. Back to 3800/1900 for now.

Oh and this bios update brings the curve optimizer with it.

Last edited:
Back