New ASUS X570 BIOS Update [02/05/2021] - Version 3405

Updated to 2602 a few days ago and so far so good. I set my TRC to 52 from the 85 it was at by default. What't interesting is that the TFAW setting is set to 38 by default by my motherboard but the XMP profile is saying it should be at 44. Is it recommended to manually change this or should it be left alone?

Updated to 2602 a few days ago and so far so good. I set my TRC to 52 from the 85 it was at by default. What't interesting is that the TFAW setting is set to 38 by default by my motherboard but the XMP profile is saying it should be at 44. Is it recommended to manually change this or should it be left alone?

Im on 2602 aswell.

I needed to put trc to 58 (in ur case 52) and i manually locked my RAM voltage to 1.37 like the Support from Gskill sayd to me, and i manually locked the VDDC SOC voltage to 1.125! In Ryzen Master my VDDC SOC Voltage is 1.1... so like we discovered the older Bios from my Strix570 putted the SOC voltage far to high and that caused not a stability issue but a serious overvolting. The newer Bios cutting the SOC voltage to low, that causing reboots. Set that all Manually and ur good to go.

And enable gear down mode from Auto to enable.

ATTENTION!
Asus took back the 2602 Bios!
Thats a sign that something is not alright.

Last edited:
2602 was removed for my board as well. Hopefully nothing is too seriously wrong with it......

Something very strange i found.

Ryzen Balanced mode -> system hard crashing rebooting
Windows Balanced -> not a single time rebooting.

Anyone can confirm?

I never ever had such a strange Hardware or software issues even with my tweaked settings pc hardrebooting with ryzen balanced.

Anyone can confirm?

I never ever had such a strange Hardware or software issues even with my tweaked settings pc hardrebooting with ryzen balanced.

This is likely to do with what power state your CPU goes into and what voltage changes are required. A few people on this thread have had success manually setting voltages in the BIOS, so I would start there.

Anyone can confirm?

It means your machine isn't stable to begin with. Windows power plan is not aware of the scheduling needs of the Zen architecture, it's basically gimped because it imposes a 30ms delay in switching power states. The Ryzen plan is is 1ms. You're chip needs to be stable to run Ryzen power plans because it actually allows the cpu to work how its intended.

It means your machine isn't stable to begin with. Windows power plan is not aware of the scheduling needs of the Zen architecture, it's basically gimped because it imposes a 30ms delay in switching power states. The Ryzen plan is is 1ms. You're chip needs to be stable to run Ryzen power plans because it actually allows the cpu to work how its intended.

So what u think? Running good on Windows Balanced and not on ryzen balanced means my cpu is faulty?

So what u think? Running good on Windows Balanced and not on ryzen balanced means my cpu is faulty?

The Windows plans are pretty slow. The Ryzen Balanced plan is roughly equivalent to the Windows High Performance plan. In your case using the Windows plan is a band aid and not a fix. If you're asking if your cpu is faulty, that's not something i could answer not knowing your setup and config, shrugs. From afar it looks to me that your config isn't stable.

Is there a good way to back and reapply all my settings after a BIOS upgrade? I'm not really excited to re-enter my 400 ram timing adjustments 😨

And actually, the 2602 BIOS was actually a beta BIOS that inadvertently made it out to official release. It has officially been withdrawn, to be replaced with a finalized BIOS of some yet-to-be-determined exact version number (although the 2602 BIOS remains available on the US site for the ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, the ROG Strix X570-F Gaming and the TUF Gaming X570-Plus (non-WiFi) for the time being.

And actually, the 2602 BIOS was actually a beta BIOS that inadvertently made it out to official release. It has officially been withdrawn, to be replaced with a finalized BIOS of some yet-to-be-determined exact version number (although the 2602 BIOS remains available on the US site for the ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, the ROG Strix X570-F Gaming and the TUF Gaming X570-Plus (non-WiFi) for the time being.
good info to know my gaming -e is running great with 2602 my ram likes the new 3400 clock much better then 3466.

Those of you who are having WHEA errors, ie. random reboots you can monitor these issues with the recent versions of hwinfo64. At the bottom of the sensors hwinfo tracks WHEA errors, namely the cpu bus/interconnect errors. Those are basically ram/imc errors. Imo, if you get these errors it means you might have timing issues, etc. There's some instability there and you'll have to lower latencies, raise volts etc until you don't get those anymore. Btw, you'll get WHEA errors before the system reboots, so you can get ahead of the reboots by monitoring it. This also saves you time and frustration from having to track down the crashes in event viewer.

If personally had no issues with 2602 but i am slightly annoyed they keep pushing updates and make no mention of beta, i would download it anyway but it would give me no headache knowning i run into issues with a beta bios cos i save a lot of time troubleshooting instead just go back to previous bios update

I rolled back to 1409 to test. I also did a comparison of dram calc versions and I think this shit is all down to dram calc. Fuck me! Each successive version of dram calc has tightened the latencies/settings further and further. No wonder settings that you think should work cuz they're in dram calc right, wrong. Dram calc has led me into a rabbit hole, smh. I'm still digging into it at this point but wanted to let you guys know what i found.

At this point inputting the same fast settings from dram calc 1.7.3 into bios 1409 = the same crashing issues but it's actually much worst. That tells me the 2603 bios was handling these shit latencies with much more grace than 1409. I've reverted to stock memory latencies to run all the different calc versions. Btw, I'm using g.skill 3600 c16 B-dies so they have a ton of play when it comes to latencies.

Yes you are correct ASUS changed how the motherboard trains the dram settings. They probably corrected some errors in turn caused some previous ram settings that were considered stable to be unstable. My advice would be to download the latest Ryzen calculator and go through and redo your Ram timings. This will cure the random reboot issue.

For the worse apparently... wth Asus! Even so they way this thing throws 01, 07, 15, 22 codes is no joke. On the older bios I never saw those codes but now it's a regular sight. /facepalm

I am not sure of that. I downloaded the latest ryzen calculator and redid my timings for Hynix CJR and it's pretty spot on. I don't get any random reboots.

I just used biosflashback to go back to 2408 not gonna risk it if asus stays silent and other users describe problems with the bios

Reactions: x509
like this
Looks like ASUS pulled the 2603 version for the TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI).

Reactions: E4g1e
like this
Looks like ASUS pulled the 2603 version for the TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI).
As a matter of fact, ASUS has withdrawn all of the 260x BIOSes for all of its ROG STRIX, TUF and PRIME motherboards. The ROG CROSSHAIR series motherboards never officially received an equivalent to the 260x BIOSes with AGESA Combo Pi v2 1.0.8.0 AFAIK.

They usually upload new bios first on tw page so if you to usual url that has the bios page and replace the US part for example with tw you get on the taiwan page which is usually updated few hours before the rest.

They usually upload new bios first on tw page so if you to usual url that has the bios page and replace the US part for example with tw you get on the taiwan page which is usually updated few hours before the rest.
I checked their global site for this. The Taiwan site is now only in Chinese.

Hello Guys!
I have good news, or bad news? Heh...
Asus made a mess with the new Bios, they are currently working on a fix.
They made our RAMS not even a smidgen better in stability, they messed everything up instead.
Everyone who is playing good on older Bios is good to go, dont update! And dont Update Windows to 2004 too.

like this
I always set least set TRC manually to 54 cos it sets it to 74 automaticly ignoring xmp profile i did memtest86 it with the efi vision with total of 4 passes couple of times

Hello Guys!
I have good news, or bad news? Heh...
Asus made a mess with the new Bios, they are currently working on a fix.
They made our RAMS not even a smidgen better in stability, they messed everything up instead.
Everyone who is playing good on older Bios is good to go, dont update! And dont Update Windows to 2004 too.

This too!

Anyone can confirm?

Same here, but running Windows 2004 build 19042 so far so good no crash.

no major issues for me with the 2603 and my ram can run faster at 3400mhz but i will say i think my pc is running warmer on the 2603 havet noticed any more voltages to anything might just time for a good system cleaning of dust.

So what's new with 2606?

Copy paste
Version 2606 2020/08/17 18.55 MBytes
ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING BIOS 2606
"Improve system performance and stability
Improve Fan control function
Improve DRAM stability
Update AM4 AGESA combo V2 PI 1.0.8.0
Improve system stability
Improve DRAM performance

Before running the USB flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (SX570EG .CAP) using BIOSRenamer"

Probably fixed issues but looks like its still beta bios

Last edited:
I stay at my lovely 1407.
Asus sayd to me, that i really should stay on the Bios when everything is working good. Since the last 2-3 bios were broken and unstable for me, i have not any trust in this new Bios.

And its STILL a Beta Bios..

like this
@ everyone. Basically I like that ASUS issues BIOS updates for years. I don;t like that they issues BIOS updates every other week, and without enough testing.

They probably not able to test in office where they have plenty of hardware configurations for testing due corona measures and working at home, that is the only excuse i can think of, still they should least mention beta it can safe a lot of headaches

Asus sayd to me, that i really should stay on the Bios when everything is working good. Since the last 2-3 bios were broken and unstable for me, i have not any trust in this new Bios.

New 2607 is out. Yup.....I tried it and still not looking good. Reverted back to good old 1407.

New 2607 is out. Yup.....I tried it and still not looking good. Reverted back to good old 1407.

been having issues myself with the last 3-4 BIOSes it seems

Just downloaded 2606 will give it a few days to watch for issues then install it maybe sat.

Currently on 2407 which has been good for me.

Last edited:
I am waiting to do anything, current BIOS(2407) on my Strix x570-f is running like a dream. No need for me to play around and maybe find out later it's fubar. Staying on 2407 for now.

Thanks for the headsup it's definitely available for the HERO
Source
2206.JPG

Attachments

• 2206.JPG
    2206.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 0
Back