New ASUS X570 BIOS Update [02/05/2021] - Version 3405

I have raised a ticket with Asus and directed them towards this thread. Hopefully they will address the instability issues with 2407 in the next bios release. For now, running stable with 2204 and a fresh Win10 20-04 install.

I was having the random reboot issue with 2407 as well. I switched back to 2204 and haven't had an issue since.

Not at all, it almost always happened when my system was idle

Ditto. It only rebooted on me once while I was using it. Other times it was while I was away and everything was idle.

Is this an AMD or ASUS issue ultimately? I have a ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming Board with BIOS version 608 so I’m not upgrading until this is fixed. I am able to run Corsair 3600MHz RAM no problem with XMP/DOCP settings.

Is this an AMD or ASUS issue ultimately? I have a ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming Board with BIOS version 608 so I’m not upgrading until this is fixed. I am able to run Corsair 3600MHz RAM no problem with XMP/DOCP settings.
Just wanted to report that my ASRock X570 Taichi has reboot problems with the same AGESA version as the ASUS one. Rolled back and now solid as a rock. AMD needs to work on this.

Another poster claimed to be experiencing the same issues with their Asrock X570 board, potentially an AMD issue with the latest AGESA version

I also get random reboots with 2407. Reverted to 2203 and the problem is gone.
ASUS should remove this update and release a new one, when there is a stable version available.

Last edited:
I'm on 2407 with the latest chipset drivers on X570 Prime Pro. No issues so far (almost 12h running)

Last edited:
I'm on a x570-e with the Ryzen 3900x and 32 GB of 3600 Mhz ddr4 ram. I updated to the 2407 bios and got random reboots. I downgraded to 1408 and my system is stable now.

It turned out that I had a flaky motherboard. I went cheap on the motherboard, and it wasn't completely stable at even stock settings. Replacing the RAM didn't help much. And Micro Center (the store that sold me the mobo to begin with) told me that the X570-P is one of those mobos that they have been seeing a lot of returns of (along with the X570-Pro).

I replaced my PRIME X570-P with an ROG STRIX X570-F. It came with the 1407 BIOS installed, which I have just updated to 2407. Fingers crossed on this one...

The moral of the story is that if you're going with anything above a 3700X, then don't buy a $150 motherboard. Especially if you're going with anything faster than slow DDR4-2666 CL20 RAM in that system. There is a big difference in quality between a $150 motherboard and a $250 motherboard. You don't have to spend $700 on such a board unless you're going to go for the extreme overclocks.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is a placebo effect but i feel my system a bit more responsive with 2407.

Update: More than 24 hours and my system is very responsive and stable

Last edited:
It appears 2407 has been withdrawn and 2408 has been released in it's place.
Version 2408, Date 2020/07/28

I'm on a x570-e with the Ryzen 3900x and 32 GB of 3600 Mhz ddr4 ram. I updated to the 2407 bios and got random reboots. I downgraded to 1408 and my system is stable now.

Can you check the windows event log to see what caused the reboots?

Unfortunately, the same thing happened to the 2407 BIOS in my new board. Random reboots, random disconnects from the Adobe Creative Cloud which resulted in me having to re-sign in and re-enter a new security code just to log back in. And I would not trust the version 2203 that came before 2407 with that board, given its own problems. Under the normal software methods I could not downgrade the BIOS below 2203 as the procedure would simply fail. If I had stuck with the PRIME X570-P I would have been stuck on a 2000-series BIOS no matter what unless I go through totally unsupported means because the PRIME and TUF series boards have absolutely no BIOS Flashback feature whatsoever. I therefore downgraded my X570-F down to the 1407 BIOS that originally came on the motherboard using the BIOS Flashback feature on the ROG motherboards, which is the only official way to downgrade from one major BIOS version to the one below it.

I found that loading my BIOS backup profile from a thumb drive worked, but not the saved one on the mobo, though they were both the same. Went from 1407 to 2407 an hour ago on an X570-F, so we'll see how stability goes.

Unfortunately, the same thing happened to the 2407 BIOS in my new board. Random reboots, random disconnects from the Adobe Creative Cloud which resulted in me having to re-sign in and re-enter a new security code just to log back in. And I would not trust the version 2203 that came before 2407 with that board, given its own problems. Under the normal software methods I could not downgrade the BIOS below 2203 as the procedure would simply fail. If I had stuck with the PRIME X570-P I would have been stuck on a 2000-series BIOS no matter what unless I go through totally unsupported means because the PRIME and TUF series boards have absolutely no BIOS Flashback feature whatsoever. I therefore downgraded my X570-F down to the 1407 BIOS that originally came on the motherboard using the BIOS Flashback feature on the ROG motherboards, which is the only official way to downgrade from one major BIOS version to the one below it.

i've never heard of a bios causing Random internet disconnects.

i've never heard of a bios causing Random internet disconnects.
It turned out that it wasn't the BIOS after all. My system's Creative Cloud installation was borked with the BIOS update. You see, the software treated the new BIOS as an entirely different PC, which was why it acted so wonky. Thus, I had to completely uninstall the programs while the system was still running the older BIOS version, and then reinstall the programs after updating the BIOS.

At any rate, my system wasn't stable at DOCP settings no matter what. I had to manually lower the memory speed at least one-half speed grade from the maximum DOCP setting in order to run stably (this means DDR4-3466 with my current 64 GB kit). With the older BIOS versions, my system occasionally failed to POST with the RAM at its DOCP setting, while with the 2407 version, my system suffered from random shutdowns and reboots even when idling. My current memory modules are Hynix M-die based, while my previous 32 GB kit was Samsung C-die based. I could not get the Samsung C-die based kit to POST above DDR4-3400 at all (while at the same time was unstable at its advertised DDR4-3200 speed), while my current kit had stability issues at DDR4-3600.

All in all, had I known this, it turned out that you pretty much get what you pay for, when it comes to RAM modules. Real JEDEC memory that's rated at such high speeds are either unobtainable at reseller level or are only supplied to OEM system manufacturers, and the few resellers that stock such RAM charge too much money for the loose, often very-high-latencies that such modules deliver. And most high-speed DDR4 modules that are readily available are all too often native DDR4-2133 or DDR4-2666 high-latency parts that have been tested by the memory distributors to be stable at their advertised speeds - on an unlocked, higher-end Intel CPU platform. With AMD platforms, anything goes.

Mini-rant over.

Last edited:
All in all, had I known this, it turned out that you pretty much get what you pay for, when it comes to RAM modules. Real JEDEC memory that's rated at such high speeds are either unobtainable at reseller level or are only supplied to OEM system manufacturers, and the few resellers that stock such RAM charge too much money for the loose, often very-high-latencies that such modules deliver. And most high-speed DDR4 modules that are readily available are all too often native DDR4-2133 or DDR4-2666 high-latency parts that have been tested by the memory distributors to be stable at their advertised speeds - on an unlocked, higher-end Intel CPU platform. With AMD platforms, anything goes.

Mini-rant over.

This is why I went Samsung B die for my build. I've had no memory related issues and no issue running the ryzen dram calculator profiles.

Now that I let the watchers in this thread know what memory chips that I am using in my system, if you are suffering from random reboots with the 2407 BIOS, then it is very likely that your system wasn't 100% stable with earlier BIOS versions with the same RAM and the same speeds and timings: While such memory running on systems with earlier BIOS versions lock up the system or cause program crashes, the 2407 BIOS will force a shutdown and reboot without ever letting you know. You see, if you are one of the unlucky ones who suffer from random reboots with the 2407 BIOS even when your PC is idling, then the next thing to do is to reset the memory speed and timings to the default JEDEC (not D.O.C.P.) profile, and then download and run Thaiphoon on your PC. More than likely you have memory parts that simply cannot handle such high speeds on any AMD platform.

Geez.

Last edited:
Now that I let the watchers in this thread know what memory chips that I am using in my system, if you are suffering from random reboots with the 2407 BIOS, then it is very likely that your system wasn't 100% stable with earlier BIOS versions with the same RAM and the same speeds and timings: While such memory running on systems with earlier BIOS versions lock up the system or cause program crashes, the 2407 BIOS will force a shutdown and reboot without ever letting you know. You see, if you are one of the unlucky ones who suffer from random reboots with the 2407 BIOS even when your PC is idling, then the next thing to do is to reset the memory speed and timings to the default JEDEC (not D.O.C.P.) profile, and then download and run Thaiphoon on your PC. More than likely you have memory parts that simply cannot handle such high speeds on any AMD platform.

Geez.
What do you suggest if your system is running at stock with an older BIOS and totally, totally stable all BIOS settings still at default, with no overclocking whatsoever.

What do you suggest if your system is running at stock with an older BIOS and totally, totally stable all BIOS settings still at default, with no overclocking whatsoever.
I was assuming that the memory is overclocked (and I consider XMP or DOCP as overclocking), in my post above. If the system were unstable at the RAM's very loose, very slow JEDEC settings/timings (this means the RAM's native speed and timings), with either old or new BIOS versions, then it would have simply been faulty RAM.

Last edited:
I was assuming that the memory is overclocked (and I consider XMP or DOCP as overclocking), in my post above. If the system were unstable at the RAM's very loose, very slow JEDEC settings/timings (this means the RAM's native speed and timings), with either old or new BIOS versions, then it would have simply been faulty RAM.

Are you with the 2407 right now? Have you noticed your system a little more responsive?

Are you with the 2407 right now? Have you noticed your system a little more responsive?
I am on 2407 right now on my ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming. But with me having to run my RAM at only DDR4-3466 speed due to the Hynix M-die based RAM that I'm currently using in my system, with the video editing programs that I'm currently running, I experience no difference in performance.

I don't know why but i feel that my system is a lot more responsive with 2407 and the latest amd chipset drivers. Btw i went from stock to 2407 (that might be the reason).

So if I haven't touched any BIOS settings except for the date/time, does that still count as overclocking the RAM?

FWIW, the RAM (2 x 16 GB Ballistix CL 3600) I first got had a defect, which was why my system would reboot suddenly. No BSOD, just crash-bam-reboot. No problem with the RMA, and now the system ahsn't had a single incident. No BSOD (Win 10 64 Pro), no reboots. I think it's time to start some overclocking, but, blimey, even though I'm locked down, I've never been so busy in years and years.

So if I haven't touched any BIOS settings except for the date/time, does that still count as overclocking the RAM?

FWIW, the RAM (2 x 16 GB Ballistix CL 3600) I first got had a defect, which was why my system would reboot suddenly. No BSOD, just crash-bam-reboot. No problem with the RMA, and now the system ahsn't had a single incident. No BSOD (Win 10 64 Pro), no reboots. I think it's time to start some overclocking, but, blimey, even though I'm locked down, I've never been so busy in years and years.

By default, at completely stock, your RAM runs at a much slower speed than what the advertised rating is. Without enabling overclocking, your RAM by default runs at only 2133 or 2666 speed. Anything above 2666 speed with that RAM is considered "overclocking." And this is all because there are no DDR4 memory sticks that run natively above 2666 to my knowledge.

Reactions: x509
like this
I figured out what was causing the reboots and i think you were right. It was the memory timing. I went through and changed and tweaked some of the dram values and voltage. I was able to fix the reboots.

On my first 3900x, it took any bios from Asus w/o much issue however I still noticed the reboot issues. I kinda didn't pay it much mind since I used a fairly pedestrian 24/7 config and hardly ever needed to reboot. However I recently got a 2nd cpu and have been testing out different oc's on it and man it has been a freaking huge chore. I have to say the new bios' all kind of suck hard. They all have issues with rebooting. Cold boots are fine but a hot reboot, no dice. I ended up with a routine, shutdown then reboot. If there is an issue and I don't wanna clear bios, then flip the psu button off, hit power to clear the charge, then flip psu back on and it boots. In other cases with oc'd settings that should be easy to run fail to boot over and over and over. But if I clear the charge on the psu, it boots. WTH Asus? My board displays the same behavior unless it is completely default settings which is ridiculous. I'm contemplating flashback to 1409...

On my first 3900x, it took any bios from Asus w/o much issue however I still noticed the reboot issues. I kinda didn't pay it much mind since I used a fairly pedestrian 24/7 config and hardly ever needed to reboot. However I recently got a 2nd cpu and have been testing out different oc's on it and man it has been a freaking huge chore. I have to say the new bios' all kind of suck hard. They all have issues with rebooting. Cold boots are fine but a hot reboot, no dice. I ended up with a routine, shutdown then reboot. If there is an issue and I don't wanna clear bios, then flip the psu button off, hit power to clear the charge, then flip psu back on and it boots. In other cases with oc'd settings that should be easy to run fail to boot over and over and over. But if I clear the charge on the psu, it boots. WTH Asus? My board displays the same behavior unless it is completely default settings which is ridiculous. I'm contemplating flashback to 1409...

I had some issues like yours and what fixed it for me was remounting my water block and pulling cpu out and putting it back in, i couldnt touch ram timings and some other bios settings or id get no post only fix for me was doing a bios flashback but after reseating cpu all those issues went away.

Back