New ASUS X570 BIOS Update [02/05/2021] - Version 3405

That sounds really strange....
yea its very wierd i flashed 4010 then back to 4021 and testing settings from scratch i think it might been memory settings making it unstable but still dont get why it was hitting cpu warning but this 5950x has been wierd sence i got it.

I'm on a x570-f-gaming with a Ryzen 3900x / 32 GB - 3600 Mhz
Just flashed & booted on 4204 ( I only use linux with this mb ).

I’m glad that they solved the "No irq handler for vector" bug for the iommu users.

But even after a couple of years, the "random hard-reboot on idle" is still not fixed.
So to use this mb, you must disable "C-State" in the bios.

Just why asus ? This old bug was not there with the stock bios.

I'm on a x570-f-gaming with a Ryzen 3900x / 32 GB - 3600 Mhz
Just flashed & booted on 4204 ( I only use linux with this mb ).

I’m glad that they solved the "No irq handler for vector" bug for the iommu users.

But even after a couple of years, the "random hard-reboot on idle" is still not fixed.
So to use this mb, you must disable "C-State" in the bios.

Just why asus ? This old bug was not there with the stock bios.
What is the "stock BIOS" here?

I'm actually running a ROG-Strix E, but I am assuming that this bug is common across all x570 board. I also have 32 GB of 3600 MHz memory and a Ryzen 3900x

What is the "stock BIOS" here?

I'm actually running a ROG-Strix E, but I am assuming that this bug is common across all x570 board. I also have 32 GB of 3600 MHz memory and a Ryzen 3900x
If i remember the 2203 bios or older. ( In any case with this version the problem did not exist )

edit : I should point out that this mb works very well if you know what to do

Last edited:
If i remember the 2203 bios or older. ( In any case with this version the problem did not exist )

edit : I should point out that this mb works very well if you know what to do
I have had my ASUS X570/AMD 3900x in service now for about 23 months. Absolutely, freakin rock solid. Not a single BSOD, once I got past an issue with a defective RAM stick. And that was when I first built this rig.

I know ASUS gets a ration of s--- in these forums for the crappy customer service, which I have had problems with myself. But over the past 30 years, I must have built 6-8 system with ASUS, and they have all performed extremely well.

I have had my ASUS X570/AMD 3900x in service now for about 23 months. Absolutely, freakin rock solid. Not a single BSOD, once I got past an issue with a defective RAM stick. And that was when I first built this rig.

I know ASUS gets a ration of s--- in these forums for the crappy customer service, which I have had problems with myself. But over the past 30 years, I must have built 6-8 system with ASUS, and they have all performed extremely well.
I agree with you, they make good products. But that’s not the point.

Back