New ASUS X570 BIOS Update [02/05/2021] - Version 3405

Tested 3202 and found performance to have dropped in benchmarks and games. Have not gained any extra headroom where I can run 3866 mem and 1933 without having to run SOC voltage a bit higher.

In Cinebench I am still getting ~5950-6000 like I was before, so no big change. I left PBO and all of that stuff on Auto.

Upgraded to 3102 on my C8H non-WiFi. So far so good, I had to go back in and enable DOCP for the RAM speeds, but everything seems to be working well so far. No sign of Curve Optimizer in the BIOS yet, though.
You're looking in pbo under advanced/cbs...?

You're looking in pbo under advanced/cbs...?
I thought I was, yeah...not seeing it, but I'll have to poke around some more.

EDIT: Not seeing anything in there, or anywhere else, related to Curve Optimizer.

EDIT2: Apparently it's under AMD Overlocking, then in the PBO menu you have to set to Advanced for it to show up.

Last edited:
I turned back on Max Offset to +200 Mhz and Curve Optimizer for all cores to -15, and yet again I get lower Cinebench marks, around 5600 versus 6000 before. Not sure what is going on or what I need to change.

Weird thing is the cores are all hitting around 4.65 GHz versus 4.5 or so without Curve Optimizer, and temps are about the same, but worse score.

EDIT: Turning everything back to Auto only gets me ~5700 now...not a clue why.

Last edited:
I've been running on 2816 since late nov. and it's rock solid. I think I'll stay on this one for now. Don't fix what isn't broken, right? :)

Off Topic: I tried a 3070 during the holidays, to see how much difference it would be from a 2070 Super. I get around 15-20 FPS more, so not bad but hardly a gamechanger on my system. Odd thing is though, when I tested my VR (Rift S) Sound crackling and after a bit totally vanished. Re-connecting the USB3 helped, but not for long. Reinstall of drivers and Oculus home software tried, and no changes. When setting up the headest, it recognices the USB3 port but the DP was green for a few seconds then turned red. Making the setup process impossible. Looked around on the web, and found out that a PCI-E mode change to Gen3 fixed the problem.

Not sure where the fault lies here, but I am thinking it's with the RIFT S firmware or maybe the software. As of now, it's not important that I fix this, as the 3070 was a short loan to test things. I work at a computer store, so I had easy access. Performance wise, I saw no difference between Gen3 and Gen4 mode. Which makes sense as the testers around the web has been reporting. In most cases. I don't think the fault is in the MB BIOS, wouldn't make sense as the 2070S works like a dream, and the PCI-E Mode is set to AUTO.

So turning off all of the PBO stuff only let me max out at 4.8 Ghz, so I turned it all back on including all-core Curve Optimizer at -15, and now I am getting 6100 or so in CB R20. No fucking clue, it seems completely random as to what happens between BIOS changes.

1usmus tweeted that the 1.2.0.0 Asus BIOS's are beta because the VRMs aren't calibrated yet, so you might find weird temps on them. Then again the previous releases are beta for months now, so who knows.

I just updated to version Version 3001 as I installed a 5800X today.

First difference I noticed Fmax cause lower scores for me on Zen 3. On Zen 2 I got a boost so that is disabled now.

Version 3204 2021/01/29 20.41 MBytes

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO BIOS 3204
1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.0

This BIOS is non-BETA. Just released last week. Downloaded it earlier today. Will flash to it from version 2311 tomorrow morning. Has anybody else given this BIOS version for the Crosshair VIII Hero a try yet? Let me know if you have and how it went. Out!

i'm the same I don't load the beta's I wait for final.

I do monitor threads though with people running the beta to catch issues.

The chipset drivers got update to this time and might be extra important cos it improves stability probably as result of this new bios update which is probably baseline requirement to run stable

I put 3204 on my Crosshair VIII Hero with 3950x machine a few days ago. I imported my settings and ran Memtest and it was stable for the full run. I ran R20 and got 9201 multi-core. However, the single core score dropped a bit. After 3 runs, the best was 524. I think I've seen as high as 535 before.

I put 3204 on my Crosshair VIII Hero with 3950x machine a few days ago. I imported my settings and ran Memtest and it was stable for the full run. I ran R20 and got 9201 multi-core. However, the single core score dropped a bit. After 3 runs, the best was 524. I think I've seen as high as 535 before.

Probably unchanged and just margin of error

Ran it again last night and just walked away 9223 mulit and 504 single. Something is a bit off on single.

lot of background tasks running can mess that up so setting up perfect conditions for a good single core score is pretty hard.

I've had BIOS revision 3204 running on my Crosshair VIII Hero all weekend with a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X CPU. It's been great so far. I've had no complaints. Also, one more thing to add (that kind of is, kind of not related): AMD released a new chipset driver for the X570 chipset 4 days ago on February 4th. I'd recommend downloading that from AMD's official site and installing it while doing these BIOS flashes. It can only help. Thanks. Out!

Considering updating, since I'm running 2816 beta. However, I have no issues with this beta version, so redoing it all, is not the first that comes to mind. I might do it sometime, when reports are coming in. Got a x570 Strix-f gaming with a 3700x.

Considering updating, since I'm running 2816 beta. However, I have no issues with this beta version, so redoing it all, is not the first that comes to mind. I might do it sometime, when reports are coming in. Got a x570 Strix-f gaming with a 3700x.

As far i am aware there is a 3001 non beta that is probably better then 2816 could be wrong, the 3405 non beta is based on previous betas before that.
New chipset drivers also adress some stability so its worth updating now.

As far i am aware there is a 3001 non beta that is probably better then 2816 could be wrong, the 3405 non beta is based on previous betas before that.
New chipset drivers also adress some stability so its worth updating now.
Yeah, I know about the new chipset drivers, installed a few days ago. I have downloaded the 3405. I need to check if I can save the BIOS settings on a USB stick and importthem on the new BIOS, but dosn't sound like that will work, or just take SS of the settings.

Just updated to 3405, before doing so I saved the user profile to USB Flash, after successful update, I loaded my user profile, and everything seems to be working as intended. File saved as a .CMO, as the other save option only gave me a .txt file. Lets see how this works out.

I recently updated to 3405, and the behavior of my memory kit at XMP settings reverted to what occurred with the 24xx and 26xx BIOSes. Recent 28xx-32xx BIOSes all too frequently refused to even POST at all with my memory kit at XMP/DOCP settings. With 3405, like the 24xx-26xx BIOSes, booted into Windows but occasionally shut down and rebooted even during idle.

With the problems that I've been having lately, maybe it's time for me to go back to the dark side (Intel)? Or maybe ditch Asus in favor of another brand?

With Asus Bios updates you always have to go back through and check your timings and voltages and then run memtest to make sure there are no errors and it's stable. They're always tweaking the ram training on their boards.

With Asus Bios updates you always have to go back through and check your timings and voltages and then run memtest to make sure there are no errors and it's stable. They're always tweaking the ram training on their boards.

Agreed.

After every bios update I had to go back and manually check all settings.

I will usually set it to D.O.C.P first then test stability. Once that clears I then load my Dram Fast Profile then recheck stability.

Last edited:
Agreed.

After every bios update I had to go back and manually check all settings.

I will usually set it to D.O.C.P first then test stability. Once that clears I then load my Dram Fast Profile then recheck stability.
If I did all that, I would never flash the BIOS. It's bad enough that I do a full Memtest run that takes like 15 hours each time.

If I did all that, I would never flash the BIOS. It's bad enough that I do a full Memtest run that takes like 15 hours each time.
What he said.

I'm still on 1408 for my Strix-E and it has been 100% rock solid, no BSODs, no nothing since last May. (y) That's good.

But I'm sure I would get better performance if I updated to a 3xxx BIOS. But which one? And how often? Is it too much to ask ASUS to do fewer releases, with more time between releases, and none of them are beta? With more testing. And maybe on a schedule, the way that Microsoft has "patch day" each month.

I work from this machine during the day for my IT job so its important to have it stable. And also why I only load full release bioses and not the beta's.

So a full 7 days of mixed use usually meets my requirements.

I work from this machine during the day for my IT job so its important to have it stable. And also why I only load full release bioses and not the beta's.

So a full 7 days of mixed use usually meets my requirements.
So do you update each release or skip one or two official BIOS releases. I'm probably averaging every other one.

So turning off all of the PBO stuff only let me max out at 4.8 Ghz, so I turned it all back on including all-core Curve Optimizer at -15, and now I am getting 6100 or so in CB R20. No fucking clue, it seems completely random as to what happens between BIOS changes.
yeah on my 3800X i actually get better performance / higher boost clocks w/ PBO and everything else disabled. Only thing i have tweaked is the memory and a slightly lower vcore than stock. I'm still rocking 1407 bios though and i'm afraid to update because i've got my crucial 3200 running at 3666 1:1 and it's been rock solid for over a year (i believe). even have well over 100 hrs in cyberpunk and no crashes or problems.

just wondering if i'm missing out on performance from running the old agesa?

Version 3602
2021/03/12 20.16 MBytes
ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING BIOS 3602
"- Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.1
- Support Smart Access Memory for Ryzen 3000 Series Processors
- Improved system performance
- Improved system compatibility
- Improved memory performance

Before running the USB flashback tool,please rename the BIOS file (SX570FG.CAP) using BIOSRenamer"
DOWNLOAD

https://rog.asus.com/uk/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios
This bios fixes a lot of things.

Back