New Asus: A8N32-SLI Premium motherboard with SLI 32x support

Here is an article found posted on a forum on EVGA's Site:

"Here is a link to the new Duel 16x or 32x SLI Motherboard.I Said this was coming to ATX from EVGA back in January. Of coarse it came out with Duel CPU Servers first, with the Tyan Server boards using 2 Nvidia NB's on a single board. This however will include the new C51D(Crush) northbridge and have a powerful southbridge as well. This looks like it has at least 36 total PCI-e lanes but may have upto 40. "VERY INTERESTING". Man, where's my roll of paper towels."

http://www.ixbt-labs.com/news.html?119155#119155

I love to see performance boost when both cards have 16 bit pathways :)

n00bie

You Win at the Internet.

This is outstanding and the Motherboard I have been waiting for! Thanks for finding the Link

Holy crap.
I want to see Tyan's interpretation of the C51D on an SMP board.

At this point, what difference will 2x16 vs. 2x8 make? By the time 2x16 becomes a factor, you'll probably have a new mobo anyway :).

kirbyrj said:
At this point, what difference will 2x16 vs. 2x8 make? By the time 2x16 becomes a factor, you'll probably have a new mobo anyway :).

I am looking forward to an actual x4 PCIE slot instead of these x1's and x2's we are seeing now.

I guess time will tell but I am sure its not gonna be cheap but if you can afford good sli what heck is shelling a few bucks more for a good motherboard to give you full sli goodness at 16 bit each.

Back