New Assassin's Creed Movie Trailer

HardOCP News

[H] News
I seriously have my fingers crossed that Hollywood doesn't screw this up. Michael Fassbender is a great actor and the trailer looks pretty good but I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet. Watch the trailer, tell me what you think.

i am not very critical of movies, storylines etc. just looking for entertainment, which this seems to give plenty of. looking forward to it, even though i've never played the game or know what it is about.

Granted, I'm not real familiar with the games, but it looks like it's true to the games from the trailer. I assume Assassin's Creed fans will probably be happy with the movie and I think it looks like a decent action movie.

I'm sure it'll be just like what we've already seen in the games but hell, as long as it's a fun watch, it'll be a win in my book.

Cautiously Optimistic due to the star power...Jeremy Irons and Fassbender. Problem is...UbiSoft. Will the movie even play on day one at 24fps? :D

Please be good please be good. Stupid trailer has got me optimistic...I was trying to keep my expectations lower.

The rating concerns me... but this actually looks like it could work.

Nothing could be worse than Warcraft right?

I'm still not entirely sure how to feel about the movie or the trailers. The music on the other hand is shit. It seems like they picked some random song and tossed it over the action-y bits with no care whether or not it actually works with the scenes or the trailer.

The music on this trailer is still a bit out of place, but better than the previous trailer for sure.

In any case, looking forward to seeing this movie!

They gave away a lot of plot in this trailer.

I know, I can't believe they gave away that a person was being put into the animus to relive his ancestor's memories that are stored in his DNA. Also they let it be known that he was an assassin. At least they didn't spoil that the bad guys are the Templars. That would have been horrible.

It's garbage and will disappoint even the most ardent fans of the series. More time is spend in the 'lab' than as an Assassin; characters are thin cringe-worthy recreations of those seen in the games; antagonists' plan is ridiculous and motivated only by the typical 'secret society wants to control the world' ridiculousness that I had hoped we left behind in the 90's.

Trust me when I say that your ticket money would be better spent almost anywhere else.

It's garbage and will disappoint even the most ardent fans of the series. More time is spend in the 'lab' than as an Assassin; characters are thin cringe-worthy recreations of those seen in the games; antagonists' plan is ridiculous and motivated only by the typical 'secret society wants to control the world' ridiculousness that I had hoped we left behind in the 90's.

Trust me when I say that your ticket money would be better spent almost anywhere else.

I mean the games are all about a secret society that wants to control the world.

I mean the games are all about a secret society that wants to control the world.

True - however, video games have a greater leniency for thin unmotivated antagonists. Narrative shortfalls can be offset with great gameplay and shiny graphics. Movies have no such luxury. If the story is crap, then the movie is crap.

I don't think that will necessary be true. Might piss off those of you that are stuck up cunts about something being off by 1 small detail. "FUCK YOU the blade should be .15 cm longer than what it is in the movie. " :p

In all fairness I am currently playing through 3. Still have to get through 4, Unity, Syndicate and the 3 chronical games, and I guess the side story of 3 if that has anything related to the main story. But so far what you describe as being a ridiculous motive is exactly what the motive of the game is so far. I know that I am playing a person that does finally get killed but so far the entire game is the Templars trying to take over the world and the assassin's trying to stop them with this all taking place through multiple times frames both past over many periods and current. Once my current guy dies no idea what the current story is for 4+.

As for being in the lab, I think that is more just being shown that way as given that there is one part about the past that I haven't seen mentioned much as so by not showing it in the trailers will give some people something to be surprised over. Which I am fine with what they are going to do, others might be pissed about it.

This

Movie studios are so afraid that an R rating will kill their movies... yet the M rated games fly off the shelves...

Unfortunately, an R-Rating is an incredible burden for a movie as it automatically limits potential revenue from the four demographic quadrants. Simply, an R-Rating generates less revenue than a PG-13 movie - and with a large effects-driven budget, no studio is keen to handicap their investment. Top this with the fact that there have been few well-performing movies produced that are based on Video Game IP's.

It's a sad reality but, from a business perspective, making an R-Rated movie just doesn't make sense the overwhelming majority of the time. I would have loved an Assassin's Creed movie with a decent script and an R-Rating but, unless this one blows expectations clear out of the water (it won't) I doubt it will happen.

Unfortunately, an R-Rating is an incredible burden for a movie as it automatically limits potential revenue from the four demographic quadrants. Simply, an R-Rating generates less revenue than a PG-13 movie - and with a large effects-driven budget, no studio is keen to handicap their investment. Top this with the fact that there have been few well-performing movies produced that are based on Video Game IP's.

It's a sad reality but, from a business perspective, making an R-Rated movie just doesn't make sense the overwhelming majority of the time. I would have loved an Assassin's Creed movie with a decent script and an R-Rating but, unless this one blows expectations clear out of the water (it won't) I doubt it will happen.

The runaway success of Deadpool might change things a little bit in a handful of cases. Though not likely in cases like this movie or others like it.

Edit 3: Post deleted. I like my job.

Having no idea what you said before you decided to delete your post (not sure why you didn't just delete the actual post instead of the content), I am starting to get the feeling that you work for a company that is involved with the movie to some degree and you have seen it. Which even if true doesn't mean shit as different people have different levels of taste. Some say a movie is good and it sucks, some say it sucks and it is good.

The runaway success of Deadpool might change things a little bit in a handful of cases. Though not likely in cases like this movie or others like it.

I agree that will open the doors for more R-Rated superhero/action-comedy films to be produced but don't forget that Deadpool is Deapool and the movie's highly marketable/viral IP played a large role in its success. I hope for more well produced movies in this vein, but I am equally wary of the studios who are currently fast-tracking shitty R-Rated action movies to capitalize on Deadpool's success.

Having no idea what you said before you decided to delete your post (not sure why you didn't just delete the actual post instead of the content), I am starting to get the feeling that you work for a company that is involved with the movie to some degree and you have seen it. Which even if true doesn't mean shit as different people have different levels of taste. Some say a movie is good and it sucks, some say it sucks and it is good.

Different people do, indeed, have different tastes - I will grant you that - but don't go into this one expecting the Wrath of Khan when all you will get is the Final Frontier. Manage your expectations and you might be able to sit through it.

I agree that will open the doors for more R-Rated superhero/action-comedy films to be produced but don't forget that Deadpool is Deapool and the movie's highly marketable/viral IP played a large role in its success. I hope for more well produced movies in this vein, but I am equally wary of the studios who are currently fast-tracking shitty R-Rated action movies to capitalize on Deadpool's success.

Yeah, that is very true. I wouldn't be surprised if Fox's X-Force ends up being one of those fast tracked R-Rated movies. It suddenly went from a stalled project to full momentum not too long after Deadpool was a big hit. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Sony tries to do a R-Rated Venom movie to try and capitalize on Deadpool's success either. Especially with Rotham running things there.

This game has probably the best potential to be the first video game movie that isn't terrible.

That said, video game movies are all awful, no exceptions. I'll prob watch it once it hits redbox anyhow though just because I love AC.

Just like the games, this will be a pass for me. I do like the dark overtone it was recorded in though. Reminds me of parts in The Matrix or Dark City. I agree with what someone else said about the music being out of place.

The rating concerns me... but this actually looks like it could work.

Nothing could be worse than Warcraft right?
A PG-13 rating for an M-rated video game that it is based off of does temper one's expectations. Everyone is so concerned about selling Mature games to minors, yet the studio produces a movie that is supposed to cater to crowd that supposedly should have never played the source material. However, they do get away with a lot of violence these days so long as they're not showing large volumes of blood. That being said: The Wolverine was way more enjoyable to me when I saw the unrated cut and being able to see the blood on his claws. It's the little things in life.

What was wrong with Warcraft? I don't understand the hate toward this movie. I think it was one of the best video game movies I've ever seen next to Silent Hill.

I've never played the games, but do the people in the game project themselves back like seen in the movie?

Rule #2: If you have a scene where some dude effortlessly beats up eleventy billion other dudes and then pauses for 5 minutes to contemplate the meaning of life, all for an excuse to accept how epic they are, it's a shit movie and always will be. It comes after rule #1 of walking away slowly from an explosion without flinching.

A PG-13 rating for an M-rated video game that it is based off of does temper one's expectations. Everyone is so concerned about selling Mature games to minors, yet the studio produces a movie that is supposed to cater to crowd that supposedly should have never played the source material. However, they do get away with a lot of violence these days so long as they're not showing large volumes of blood. That being said: The Wolverine was way more enjoyable to me when I saw the unrated cut and being able to see the blood on his claws. It's the little things in life.

What was wrong with Warcraft? I don't understand the hate toward this movie. I think it was one of the best video game movies I've ever seen next to Silent Hill.

My reasoning is not so much that the violence itself it necessary to good story telling.... in fact, as I get older I find myself disliking violent movies more and more. But the editing sometimes suffers to make a movie with a wider commercial appeal.

It's jarring or seems particularly wanton when people fall down like flies and the lack of believable violence makes you care less. It's the lack of connection that makes it feel insincere.

For me, Warcraft didnt seem to flow very well through the story. It was fighting itself to quickly create a story before rushing into smashing things. But I haven't played warcraft since it was a DOS game so whilst I picked up on the dialogue being keyed to the game, I didn't "get it" in the same way as a fan might have. I can see that as a fan it would have been more enjoyable - I felt like lots of "stuff" was happening, but I wasnt really in it so to speak....

Back