New Arctic P12 Max fan. 3 for price of 1 Noctua. No downsides?

and only 49cfm though(compared to the Max).
God do I hate rgb fans. Stop sapping my cfm/h2o!

*Edit* Though with the price of Artic fans, you could slap on one of those halo rbg rings and have both lights and an ungimped fan for probably still less than a lot of rgb fans.

I'm reading through this and remembered I need to replace a fan or 2, so I'm thinking swap them all. I need 8x120's for my main rad. Using Bitfenix 120's, but every now and then I can hear 2 of them rattle/buzz. I already replaced 2.

Bought a 5 pack of P12s and two P14s to put in new rig. The 12s are good, the 14s have major drone above 600 rpm as intake behind a mesh front. Had to limit them to about 550 rpm, and shoot them up quick to 1K unddr load. They also have some low chatter at all rpm.

I wish I could still get Fractal Venturis, best fans I have ever heard. Fan prices are insane today.

I'm putting together a small ddc, 2x240 loop for my secondary rig. One of the rads I'm going to use is a Hardwarelabs GTR 240. All I need to finish off the loop is a pair of cheap, high cfm/h20 fans. These P12 Max would be a perfect match for the GTR but I cant find them anywhere. Amazon has them for $28 from, joeblow the scalper and NE is oos. I can't find them anywhere else (other than some shadesville outfit). Sucks. I'll probably just grab a couple more $12 bequiet! Pure Wing 2s to get it finished up if they don't show up soon. I'm in no big rush so I can wait a few more days before I pull the trigger.

I've got 9 P12s on the push side of my MO-RA3 and 9 Phanteks T30s on the pull side. They never really ramp up much at all and stay pretty quiet. I could have gone with all P12s, but I already had 6 T30s when I moved to the MO-RA3. The only issue I have with P12s is that my Aquaero 6 LT doesn't pick up the fan RPMs at lower speeds. When it does pick up at higher speeds like 1100, it shows 11000.

I've got 9 P12s on the push side of my MO-RA3 and 9 Phanteks T30s on the pull side. They never really ramp up much at all and stay pretty quiet. I could have gone with all P12s, but I already had 6 T30s when I moved to the MO-RA3. The only issue I have with P12s is that my Aquaero 6 LT doesn't pick up the fan RPMs at lower speeds. When it does pick up at higher speeds like 1100, it shows 11000.
Sweet. I've always wanted a mora3 type rad but just don't have the space for it right now. Pics?

I cool a 5950x and a 3080ti with 2x 360s just fine. My CPU caps out at 70c and GPU at 50c~ with fans running low enough I do t hear them.
My 5950x hits way over 70 all the time. I am using pbo, but I believe it did at stock as well. Those chips jump so fast when they spool up. Of course I run my pump and fan curves based on liquid temp, so they take a while to ramp up. Curious how you stay under 70 on the 5950x. Also, we may be looking at different temp readouts as well, cpu temp vs. Tdie/whatever.

Sweet. I've always wanted a mora3 type rad but just don't have the space for it right now. Pics?
I decided just to bite the bullet and do it. I was running two 240s and a 360 inside a modded Lian Li O11 Dynamic and it was going to be a nightmare to do maintenance on. No way to get to M.2 slots or front I/O and draining and filling would be a nightmare. I built it into my computer cart. The MO-RA3 is on the second level of the cart and a primochill workbench is on the top. I used QD fittings between the MO-RA3 and the Video card so I can swap out the radiator and video card without draining. I have enough slack to change a cpu, but can't change cpu blocks. I didn't want to add any more QDs. I started a build post on it, but never posted finished pictures. I need to do it. All I have on my phone is some build pics.

Before:

20221008_154556.jpg

In process:

20221111_122143.jpg

20221111_122129.jpg

20221029_175407.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just my 2 cents. I got 3 P12 Max on exhausting on my Asus AP201 case, at the bottom intaking are P12 Slims. The P12 Max's have a crickety / whirly sound at any low RPM, any range, doesn't matter, unless you go REALLY low almost at the threshold of stopping. I'm thinking of replacing them with either Noctua or just another 3 P12 Slims so at least they're leveled with RPM / Airflow

Just my 2 cents. I got 3 P12 Max on exhausting on my Asus AP201 case, at the bottom intaking are P12 Slims. The P12 Max's have a crickety / whirly sound at any low RPM, any range, doesn't matter, unless you go REALLY low almost at the threshold of stopping. I'm thinking of replacing them with either Noctua or just another 3 P12 Slims so at least they're leveled with RPM / Airflow
super disappointing. I would expect this for a run of a mill brand, not Arctic

that case has some pretty fine "mesh" on top. could it be buffeting from the tiny holes? do they do it out of the case?

I don't notice any odd noises from the 3 I have installed. Just normal fan sounds but running max they're pretty loud, like PS4 loud. I need to swap out the DOA one for the replacement that works but motivation sucks lately.

Back