New Apple IPOD Photo 60GB for $200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malatov said:
Don't think so. Where'd you hear that? There is no mention whatsoever of "per seller" anywhere in the terms that I've seen.

I should have used "listing" rather than "buyer", but the end result is similar.

"If you purchase multiple quantities of an item from a single listing, you are only eligible for the payout on the entire listing, not each individual item."

"C. One Claim Award Per Listing. You may only receive one PayPal Buyer Protection award per eBay listing."

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_pbp-outside

The Protection awards are paid out once per listing. I found out about it directly from someone who got burned on a Dutch auction, and PayPal divided the $1000 between the winners. Until they revise their fine print, I tend to avoid multiple-buyer auctions.

nomar said:
So now can we say "OMG THIS IS A SCAM"?
It was definitely a scam. I have no problem saying that. Reason has little use in greed. I warned about the Soyo rebates last year, but that didn't stop anyone from getting burned.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Haha I have the video. Still an instant classic when showing our presidents stupidity. But like I said - If anyone wants to say its a Scam - Prove it. Until then, shut up, feel free to share anything that looked "Suspisious" but that doesnt automatically make it a scam.

Cyraxx said:
But like I said - If anyone wants to say its a Scam - Prove it. Until then, shut up
ebay already deleted that scam listing and closed the hijacked ebay account. LOL

Now what were you saying again? I hope you didn't lose $200.

Zamboni said:
I should have used "listing" rather than "buyer", but the end result is similar.

"If you purchase multiple quantities of an item from a single listing, you are only eligible for the payout on the entire listing, not each individual item."

"C. One Claim Award Per Listing. You may only receive one PayPal Buyer Protection award per eBay listing."

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_pbp-outside

The Protection awards are paid out once per listing. I found out about it directly from someone who got burned on a Dutch auction, and PayPal divided the $1000 between the winners. Until they revise their fine print, I tend to avoid multiple-buyer auctions.
Then I'm wondering if maybe they HAVE refined their fine print since your friend got burned. Because there it doesn't say anything about multiple-item listings being covered that way. Read those lines again:

To me that plainly reads that if YOU buy multiple items from a single listing, you're only covered up to a maximum of $1000 total for that listing, rather than $1000 per item for that single listing. So if for example I bought 10 of these iPods at $200 each and the guy ran off with the money (assuming he was qualified for BP, which he wasn't), I could only claim $1000, not the full $2000 that I spent.

I just went over all those terms again with a fine-toothed comb, and I see no language that would back up a policy of only paying out $1000 in aggregate for all buyers in a multi-item listing.

pxc said:
ebay already deleted that scam listing and closed the hijacked ebay account. LOL

Now what were you saying again? I hope you didn't lose $200.

Believe me kid - I havent done anything with ebay in years. But if thats what you call proof.....try doing that in court or something. You will find your stupidity then.

Cyraxx said:
Believe me kid - I havent done anything with ebay in years. But if thats what you call proof.....try doing that in court or something. You will find your stupidity then.
I'm sorry, but your whole argument throughout this thread is just foolish. Should we just assume everything is legitimate and only find out if something is a scam after we throw hundreds of dollars at it? That sounds much stupider than speculating that something is a scam. You keep saying that we shouldn't call it a scam unless we know definitively that it is a scam, yet you offer no alternative. What are we supposed to do instead?

Cyraxx said:

Your rock is over that'a'way. Get back under it.

Cyraxx said:
The duck quacks and waddles.

Too bad you haven't kept up with ebay scams. Or even the simple fact that ebay killed the hijacked account. It's not surprising.

The funny thing, if it was really hijacked, do you think the person that recieves the email about it from ebay will believe it at first,

Dam, I got another Phishing email, delete, delete

Snarf said:
The funny thing, if it was really hijacked, do you think the person that recieves the email about it from ebay will believe it at first,

Dam, I got another Phishing email, delete, delete

hijacked accounts usually include taking the email address and paypal account.
More then one moron uses the same universal password.

On a seperate note, why isn't this thread locked yet?

Cyraxx said:

ROFL! Since when did court = help protecting [H] members from scams? The listing probably had a .0001% (I did make that number up, sorry I can't "prove" it) chance of being legit and anyone with half a brain would be able to see that. Apple has tightly fixed prices, enough said.

v3rt1g0 said:
Your rock is over that'a'way. Get back under it.

ditto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back