New Apple In-Ear Headphones

Scheizekopf

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently just bought some new Headphones from Apple. The In-Ear kind. I guess the upgraded version of the ones that come with the IPOD. There pair that came with my IPOD are kinda blown out.

I've been using the new ones for 2 days now. They sound like crap compared to the other pair even after being a little blown out.

There is no deep tones or bass in the new headphones.

Did I get a crappy pair or something?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I thought these in-ear ones were supposed to be better than the stock by a bit.

Pinipig523 said:
I thought these in-ear ones were supposed to be better than the stock by a bit.
That's what I thought too. That's why I bought them.

But they don't seem better at all. Did I get a bad pair? Or are they supposed to be like that?

Make sure that you have the earphones making a good seal with your ears. This seems to be the biggest problem that people have with canalphones, and if they are in your ears correctly, their bass response should be pretty good.

Of course, there is a chance that a) they are broken or b) they are crap, so in either of those cases, it might be better to return them =]

They fit in my ears perfectly with a good suction.

I'll keep using them for another day or so. And then keep them or call Apple.

Anybody else have experience with these?

Well I tried them again.

I pushed them into my ears pretty hard and they sounded a lot better. I had to push them in really hard and they still would not stay that deep in my ears so the sound goes back to crappy (no low tones).

It did come with 3 different size rubber pieces so I'll have to try them.

Scheizekopf said:
Well I tried them again.

I pushed them into my ears pretty hard and they sounded a lot better. I had to push them in really hard and they still would not stay that deep in my ears so the sound goes back to crappy (no low tones).

See? :D

Glad that you're figuring out what's up.. nothing sucks more than buying a new toy to find out it's broken =[

Scheizekopf said:
Well I tried them again.

You'll probably just need to use a smaller set of buds. If you want improved quality and maximum comfort and end up returning these, get a pair of Sony's MDR-EX71SL white version. Probably same price or even cheaper than the apple in-ears.

If they're the ear-plug style, I found that it's helpful to roll the foam in your fingers gently so that it's thin enough to push deeply into your ear. Then gently hold the plug in so that it doesn't come out as the foam expands.

Maybe you figured it out, but I thought I would throw that out there.

the apple inears are pretty crappy - esp for the $ you pay for them. the ex71s are better, or for a few bucks more a set of e2cs would blow them out of hte water. even the, you're skimming the surface of audiophile buds. get yourself a set of ER4P/S or E5Cs :)

imo those sony earbuds blow goats, ive heard them and compared them to my panasonic's and Sony ear buds. even the mpio earbuds were better. sony and panasonic is actaully cheaper as well. the mpio comes with the mp3 player so i dunno how much they are worth

I'm going to have to throw my hat into the ring and say if you like the "in-ear" style, bite the bullet and get the Shure E3c's. I've got a set (ecost.com...$100) and while they aren't the best in the bass area (No in-ear style has deep bass), the rest of the range is amazingly clear. The trick is that you MUST keep them in your ear canal (all the way in) or they will not sound good at all. Plus, the foam tips (as compared to the rubber/silicone versions) are vastly more comfortable.

King Og said:
I'm going to have to throw my hat into the ring and say if you like the "in-ear" style, bite the bullet and get the Shure E3c's. I've got a set (ecost.com...$100) and while they aren't the best in the bass area (No in-ear style has deep bass), the rest of the range is amazingly clear. The trick is that you MUST keep them in your ear canal (all the way in) or they will not sound good at all. Plus, the foam tips (as compared to the rubber/silicone versions) are vastly more comfortable.

They shures aren't what I call amazingly clear. They have a midrange hump, and are more ephasized on the lower end. Their highs roll a bit. If all you're looking for is articulateness, get a set of Etys.

Back