New and Improved Watercooling Sticky - Post Your Systems Here

The EK plate is very expensive, but the case is one of the best for water cooling without going behemoth size with a Corsair 900D/1000D.
Everything EK makes is stupid expensive now. Their quality doesn't reflect their prices either. You can get the Bykski distro with a pump for about $150.

Everything EK makes is stupid expensive now. Their quality doesn't reflect their prices either. You can get the Bykski distro with a pump for about $150.
I don't disagree, but the one thing I like about their radiators is I tend find a lot less debris when cleaning out a new one. I know this is anecdotal, but it saves a bit of arm trauma when cleaning lol.

I don't disagree, but the one thing I like about their radiators is I tend find a lot less debris when cleaning out a new one. I know this is anecdotal, but it saves a bit of arm trauma when cleaning lol.
The last Bykski radiator I brought was pretty damn clean when I flushed it out.

My builds and latest at end.
20201016_002548.jpg
20211003_001150.jpg
VideoCapture_20210913-231250.jpg
20210601_031337.jpg
20220116_142305.jpg

that the xc5 block? thats what im running, really happy with it and find it funny that it is uncoated copper and now the limited JTS version is "uncoated for better performance".
It's the XC7. Got burned on uncoated EK blocks I was running on the 1080ti's I'd had in SLI for a few years. Both came out looking like this:

20211020_122400.jpg

Nothing in the loop but distilled water and antifungal. Whatever the performance drop I'm never putting non coated blocks in my rig again.

It's the XC7. Got burned on uncoated EK blocks I was running on the 1080ti's I'd had in SLI for a few years. Both came out looking like this:

View attachment 436443

Nothing in the loop but distilled water and antifungal. Whatever the performance drop I'm never putting non coated blocks in my rig again.
ah. yipes. yeah, gotta add an anti-corrosive too.

View attachment 436443

I've always used premixed coolants. I've mostly used Koolance's fluids (clear or blue) which have never let me down. I've got watercooling hardware that's 10-15 years old and still in perfect condition. Lately, I've been using EKWB's Cryofuel clear. I've run that for more than a year in a couple of setups without any issues at all. I've used a lot of EKWB blocks over the last three or four years and I've had no trouble with corrosion. That being said, I've always used nickel plated blocks. I know there was an issue with them a few years back, but I haven't had issues with them myself.

I've always used premixed coolants. I've mostly used Koolance's fluids (clear or blue) which have never let me down. I've got watercooling hardware that's 10-15 years old and still in perfect condition. Lately, I've been using EKWB's Cryofuel clear. I've run that for more than a year in a couple of setups without any issues at all. I've used a lot of EKWB blocks over the last three or four years and I've had no trouble with corrosion. That being said, I've always used nickel plated blocks. I know there was an issue with them a few years back, but I haven't had issues with them myself.
I think Koolance was the only pre-mix I've ever used... and that was some time back in the Athlon XP / Dual Xeon era.

IMG_0663.JPG

Soo.. been a lil while... lol.

I think Koolance was the only pre-mix I've ever used... and that was some time back in the Athlon XP / Dual Xeon era.

View attachment 436456

Soo.. been a lil while... lol.
I had one of the koolance brand cases back in the day. I bought it when I was a teenager... It was all the rage at the local lan parties. Damn I miss that era.
1643150159906.png

I had one of the koolance brand cases back in the day. I bought it when I was a teenager... It was all the rage at the local lan parties. Damn I miss that era.
View attachment 436554
Yup.. back in the day you could not swing a dead cat without hitting 3 or 4 of those Antec/Chieftech cases. I still have parts for those around... lol.

I had very High ambitions when I started this build. Some parts I am proud of. Primarily I am really happy with how the cables look especially coming off of the video card. It was my plan to try and use as many of the fittings I had collected over the years to give it a mechanical layered look. I think I failed and it looks like I was trying to fix a bad plan. I wanted the EK right angle fittings to stick out and give the appearance of levels extending horizontally, kind of a 3d effect. I am not sure I achieved it. I also wanted to have at least one parallel tube run disappear into the back wall of the case without damaging the steel structure of the case. I ended up, in my opinion, using too many fittings and making it too cluttered. I am going to drain the loop and redo the runs and try and do better but still want to post here as usual for posterity. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_2910.JPG
    IMG_2910.JPG
    447.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2909.JPG
    IMG_2909.JPG
    345.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2923.JPG
    IMG_2923.JPG
    380.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2923.JPG
    IMG_2923.JPG
    380.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2914.JPG
    IMG_2914.JPG
    419.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2910.JPG
    IMG_2910.JPG
    447.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2915.JPG
    IMG_2915.JPG
    364.4 KB · Views: 0
Very clean. Great work.
I had very High ambitions when I started this build. Some parts I am proud of. Primarily I am really happy with how the cables look especially coming off of the video card. It was my plan to try and use as many of the fittings I had collected over the years to give it a mechanical layered look. I think I failed and it looks like I was trying to fix a bad plan. I wanted the EK right angle fittings to stick out and give the appearance of levels extending horizontally, kind of a 3d effect. I am not sure I achieved it. I also wanted to have at least one parallel tube run disappear into the back wall of the case without damaging the steel structure of the case. I ended up, in my opinion, using too many fittings and making it too cluttered. I am going to drain the loop and redo the runs and try and do better but still want to post here as usual for posterity. Let me know what you think.
Thank you!
--

I think your build looks pretty dang legit. The extenders look good, but the double offset fittings on the GPU look out of place with the rest of what you did.

Are you running all AMD? What are you temps with your rad space (780mm?) ?

Thank you!
--

I think your build looks pretty dang legit. The extenders look good, but the double offset fittings on the GPU look out of place with the rest of what you did.

Are you running all AMD? What are you temps with your rad space (780mm?) ?
Right I have a 480 and a 360, it is an all AMD build. I got lucky and got a 6900xt at close to MSRP. I am one of those that got a shitty bundled gigabyte psu. CPU is a 3700. CPU hits low/mid 50's under load, gpu is much cooler in the 40's. I agree on the offfsets, it looked better in my head.

Right I have a 480 and a 360, it is an all AMD build. I got lucky and got a 6900xt at close to MSRP. I am one of those that got a shitty bundled gigabyte psu. CPU is a 3700. CPU hits low/mid 50's under load, gpu is much cooler in the 40's. I agree on the offfsets, it looked better in my head.

Shitty does not quite due that power supply justice, my good sir... They literally explode and catch fire under normal use. If you know what's best for you, you'll send it directly to a recycler so you don't accidentally forget at some future date ("Oh, I have this power supply just sitting around!") and end up crafting a bomb.

Shitty does not quite due that power supply justice, my good sir... They literally explode and catch fire under normal use. If you know what's best for you, you'll send it directly to a recycler so you don't accidentally forget at some future date ("Oh, I have this power supply just sitting around!") and end up crafting a bomb.

Yeah, those things are garbage and do catch fire. If you're using it Smoked Brisket, replace that shit ASAP!!

Its not fully "cleaned up" and prettified yet but finally got around to installing my new loop on my 5900x / GTX 3090
I mananged to fit a 60mm Rad with push pull fans in this Phanteks P500 . Initially i thought I could do a 360 rad up top but with how far the front rad sticks out I ended up putting a 280mm rad up top instead.

20220213_173528.jpg

View attachment 436554
I had the Antec branded version of this that came with a fan mount on the window. It's still alive at my parents house. I put together a Sandy Bridge era chip and Intel motherboard for them in it.

Here's the case (not my picture obviously):

Antec Case with Window.png

Finally finished my dual loop system. Built the CPU loop in the case a few months ago and did the GPU part just recently. It is a dual loop system with separate loops for CPU and GPU with CPU drawing fresh air and GPU drawing air from the case. Case is a 1000D and fans are controlled by water temp and each loop has a high flow NEXT flow meter.

CPU loop (can be removed like an AIO as the rads are on a tray):
  • Tech AM4 waterblock
  • 2x HW Labs LX480
  • 8x NF-A12x25PWM
  • EK Quantum kinetic res with D5 pump
  • ZMT soft tubing
  • Aquacomputer high flow NEXT flow sensor
  • 2x Alphacool inline temp sensors
GPU loop
  • EK Quantum vector waterblock with backplate
  • 2x HW Laps GTX360
  • 6x NF-A12x25PWM
  • EK Quantum kinetic res with D5 pump
  • Aquacomputer high flow NEXT flow sensor
  • ZMT soft tubing

Diagonal view with door closed
IMG_4548.JPG

Side view with door closed
IMG_4539.JPG

Side view door open
IMG_4557.JPG

Closer view of the loops with door open
IMG_4560.JPG

CPU loop compared to a 360 AIO for scale (front mounted)
IMG_4509.JPG

I added a 120mm radiator and swapped in some quieter fans. Just cooling the CPU for now.

Radiators: Koolance HX-CU1402V (280mm), Bykski CR-RD120TR-RC-V2 (120mm)
Pump: Alphacool VPP755 V3
Rez: Alphacool Eisstation
Block: Alphacool Eisblock XPX
Rad Fans: 4X Phanteks F140XP, 1X Coolermaster SickleFlow 120 V2
Case Fans: 1X Noctua A20, 2X Arctic P8

5960X_280_120_2.jpg

5960X_280_120_4.jpg

5960X_280_120.jpg

5960X_280_120_5.jpg

5960X_280_120_3.jpg

Last edited:
Back