New and Improved Watercooling Sticky - Post Your Systems Here

That looks nice and clean.

I'm curious though. How does the water flow when you connect all four connections to the GPU waterblock like that?
It's a parallel loop: Water goes into the GPU and CPU blocks on one side, and comes out of the CPU and GPU blocks on the other.
Edit: Very nicely done, I might add.

It's a parallel loop: Water goes into the GPU and CPU blocks on one side, and comes out of the CPU and GPU blocks on the other.
Edit: Very nicely done, I might add.

Yeah, but what forces the water down inside the GPU block? Looks to me like it might just flow straight past it?

Yeah, but what forces the water down inside the GPU block? Looks to me like it might just flow straight past it?
The vacuum from the pump pulls it through as long as there isn't too much restriction in that branch of the loop relative to the other branches. Same principal applies to parallel electrical circuits: The more restrictive path will have less current flowing through it, but as long as it's not OPEN, some will still flow through.
Put simply: water (and electricity) likes to travel in the path of least resistance. To send all the water through either the CPU or GPU block alone (in a parallel loop) would require more energy than to send some to each path.

Last edited:
I am not sure if this is as good performing as it can be ?! Have you checked against a standard layout ? I am tempted to assume it has an inferior cooling capacity, it does look nice tho :p

I can't help but to think your going to see the majority of the flow push right through the GPU block. The small pressure and temperature differential will cause some flow across the block, but certainly no where near what's passing through.

That being said, you look to have a family common setup otherwise, which means your temps ought to be comparable. I'd be curious to see the comparison...I have long thought we place too much emphasis on flow rates, and given that 99.9% of loops out there are serial, I wonder if the data is only really valid for that setup. I know my setup is a true parallel and despite everyone saying it won't work, it works quite well.

Found this, describes some of the parallels pretty well, but stays pretty high level and doesnt describe the differences too well/at all.

No, the parallel between electricity and water flow isn't a question. With your CPU block flow has no choice but to go through the block, with the GPU it doesn't. There isn't anything to direct the pump flow through that block, other than if the CPU was more restrictive than the GPU. Pressure will exsist equally. I'd be curious just what percentage is actually going through the GPU.

Why would it have a choice with the gpu where with the cpu there is no choice? The only way would be if there was a tube which bypassed the gpu completely, otherwise restriction plays near 100% role in determining flow rate through one block or the other.

IMG_1092.jpg
Figured I would share with you guys. I just finished my latest NVIDIA themed build.

From my build log thread:

Not as neat as some as your rigs but I enjoyed building it. I'm using the extreme water cooling kit with dual pump and quad fan radiator from XSPC:

http://www.xs-pc.com/watercooling-kits-rx/raystorm-pro-d5-bayres-rx480-watercooling-kit

I was planning to also install my blu-ray writer but it didn't happen unfortunately (more on this later).

N36UQE8.jpg

I flushed the radiator:

Y4IARqB.jpg

And then, I basically followed the guide and had to get the kids outside of the house! And there you go:

5K7LkjG.jpg

mewzUbe.jpg

Adding water as its level lowers

54pXVzX.jpg

And almost done ( see the radiator on top)

wO96t74.jpg

wO96t74.jpg

Here in this photo, we see why I can't fit my optical drive. It needs to be on top of the reservoir, but there is no space as it will hit the radiator. Not necessarily the case fault but....

ra3NoKs.jpg

And finally it is on and working:

HoUqSf7.jpg

Finally got around to gutting my fm2+ build for my ryzen parts:

DSC_0126.JPG
DSC_0128.JPG
DSC_0131.JPG
DSC_0127.JPG

There's no fan on the right normally--that's the fan which sits on the lid.

Last edited:
Thermaltake x9 slightly modded to accept 3x360mm, 1x200mm and 2x420mm :D its only cooling 980 Ti matrix+7600K but nowadays I have more time to play with pc than actually use it (newborn). It took 3 litres to fill it and it maintains water delta of around 3-4 degrees at full load.
WP_20170514_09_26_18_Pro.jpg
WP_20170514_09_25_58_Pro.jpg
WP_20170514_09_25_47_Pro.jpg
:D

Do not even know how to make it any uglier :) This old case contains A LOT of rads. Tried adding some red die but this red finger of mine after just a tiny part or a drop does leave me wondering just how hard will it stain my components.
DSC_0009.JPG

Do not even know how to make it any uglier :) This old case contains A LOT of rads. Tried adding some red die but this red finger of mine after just a tiny part or a drop does leave me wondering just how hard will it stain my components.View attachment 26695

Red dyes have the worst reputation for staining.

What dye are you trying to use? Some professionally forumulated red coolants are apparently safe, but diy stuff generally is a bad idea.

Oh, and NEVER use food coloring of any color. It has lots of sugar in it. Not only does it gum up the system over time, but it also attracts bacterial and fungal growth.

Apologies for the potata-grams, my camera battery is dead.
DSC_0245.JPG
DSC_0246.JPG
DSC_0248.JPG
DSC_0247.JPG

Blue/red/green isn't the color scheme, just the bios reset while I was bending and bleeding and I hadn't gotten around to changing it again.

qKWKf8a.jpg

nPpIhhf.jpg

O91gKqN.jpg

pretty proud of this hardline build. I've had the desire to do a custom loop for about 15 years and finally had the means to make it happen. First time I've ever built a custom loop and the first time hardline build.

Running 2x 1080Ti Poseidon's
Swiftech MCP-35x (3x)
SR1 (420MM rad)
MCR-x20 (240MM Rad)
FrozenQ Bay res
Apogee HD (multi-out heatsink)
10MM12MM PETG
Bitspower Multi-link Compression fittings

Last edited:
qKWKf8a.jpg

nPpIhhf.jpg

O91gKqN.jpg

pretty proud of this hardline build. I've had the desire to do a custom loop for about 15 years and finally had the means to make it happen. First time I've ever built a custom loop and the first time hardline build.
What's going on with your CPU block there? Why's there three lines to it?

Looks good. Lots of skilled bends in there. =)
Thanks, I feel like I watched every PETG tube bending video on youtube and read every forum post about it. About 1/2 my bends were done freehand with the silicone insert and some of the really tight bends I used a 180degree Mandrel to get the bend super tight. I bought several extra pieces of PETG and played with the heat gun before I disassembled my pc to start the W/C process. Felt incredibly accomplished after the leaktest ran for 24 hours at 100% pump speed. Those three swiftech DDC's really really pump some water, even at 30% I have significant flow through all the blocks.

My 2017 workstation :D Dual 22-core Xeon's, two GTX 1080's and 256 GB's of ECC RAM stuffed into a Evolv ATX.

2MIhTRT.jpg

NwPd0TC.jpg

ziLeWmx.jpg

This is a beautiful setup.

And 44 cores/256GB RAM? Damn! What are you planning on doing with this beast?

Finally found time to complete an halfway-decent loop:

2017-10-03 13.55.07.jpg 2017-10-03 13.55.32.jpg 2017-10-03 13.55.56.jpg 2017-10-03 13.58.40.jpg

I still need to find time to tidy up cabling (it's a complete mess).

I had planned to use an Heatkiller IV Pro Acryl for the CPU / and an Heatkiller IV Acrul-Ni for the CPU (instead of the basic Acetal version of both) but the GPU block arrived damaged from Watercool so I had to quickly order something else locally.

If I find the time I'll rebuild everything with the replacements (that are wasting away in a box somewhere in the basement). But I must say that the acetal on both blocks works better with the reservoir/pump combo.

Last edited:
Been 2 years since my last pic.
Here is how it is now.

24743017969_7017c1cdf7_z.jpg

R-Side
24491183503_697acc2243_z.jpg

L-Side
25017427941_35185ea7f4_z.jpg

Pretty much same build from 2yrs ago but updated GPU, modded psu to accommodate GPU and swapped plumbing

Nod 304
4770K @ 4.2Ghz
AsRock Z97E-ITX/ac
Asus GTX 980
8GB DDR3 Ripjaws
Samsung 256GB SSD (OS/Apps)
WD Rapter 600GB 10K (Game/Data)
Corsair CX430W PSU

Water Cooling
Pump- MCP355
Rad- Coolgate 280.
GPU- EK full block
CPU- XSPC Raystorm

Last edited:
Been 2 years since my last pic.
Here is how it is now.

R-Side

L-Side

Pretty much same build from 2yrs ago but updated GPU, modded psu to accommodate GPU and swapped plumbing

Nod 304
4770K @ 4.2Ghz
AsRock Z97E-ITX/ac
Asus GTX 980
8GB DDR3 Ripjaws
Samsung 256GB SSD (OS/Apps)
WD Rapter 600GB 10K (Game/Data)
Corsair CX430W PSU
Nice, compact. You know, monsoon makes cheap (as in, about as expensive as barbs) hardline fittings that work pretty well, though it takes a bit more effort to get the tube just right.

Nice, compact. You know, monsoon makes cheap (as in, about as expensive as barbs) hardline fittings that work pretty well, though it takes a bit more effort to get the tube just right.

Thanks.

I did actually look at the monsson free center and economy compression fittings.

I ended up using what I had. The loop was pre-existing with flex tubing/barbs. I wanted to try copper and being cheap, I didn't want to buy more fittings. The end result as shown isn't the prettiest but is functional. I would much prefer the proper fittings. Maybe on the next build :)

Its just the normal WC bitspower fittings, hose and soft copper from the local box store. Zipties for piece of mind.

Asus Z270i

Intel Core i7-7700K

Nvidia Titan Xp (2017)

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200

(2X) 1 TB Samsung 960 Evo M.2

Corsair SF600

XSPC Ion Pump/Reservoir

EK-FB ASUS Z270I Strix RGB Monoblock

EK-FC Titan X Pascal - Nickel Water Block

EK-CoolStream PE 240 (38mm)

EK-CoolStream PE 120 (38mm)

(5X) Corsair HD120 RGB fans

(1X) Corsair HD140 RGB fan

CORSAIR Commander PRO

CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO

37552155166_f716f0cd27_z.jpg

23748308848_64243d6513_z.jpg

37552155046_1c38a7a841_z.jpg

Yeh...A lot of stuff to get in there, LOL. :eek:

37552154486_dd6f4ec676_z.jpg

...but I got it all to fit :D

23748289218_a5fe0e6696_z.jpg

3136863.jpg

3136864.jpg

"Taste the Rainbow"

3136865.jpg

3136866.jpg

3136867.jpg

I still have a couple other little tweaks to do...more pics coming soon :D

nwkrep82 nice, saw this on fb a couple days ago. Thing looks massive for being less than a foot square and 1.5ft tall.

nwkrep82 nice, saw this on fb a couple days ago. Thing looks massive for being less than a foot square and 1.5ft tall.

Thanks.

Because of its small vertical footprint, it's actually more "compact" in person than what it looks in photos or videos.

Update:

Went from the 7700K to this (I already owned the delid tool...my 7700K is also delidded)

FYI: The EK-FB ASUS Z270I Strix RGB Monoblock fits perfectly on the ASUS Z370I Strix.

However, the RGB strip in the monoblock is NOT compatible with the Z370I.

The Strix Z370I only has a 3-pin addressable RGB header, whereas the Z270I has your standard 4-pin RGB header.

The RGB strip in the monoblock is removable, so I just put in a compatible addressable RGB strip. I cut the strip to fit and sleeved the cable.

Works perfectly :D

New to the forum, so I figured I'd post my current rig.
On my third iteration with this setup as I swap around blocks, radiators, and coolant.
I think I finally have it about 90% where I want it.
*Also, the uv leds played havoc on my phones camera so pics aren't that great.

Attachments

• 20171011_222722.jpg
    20171011_222722.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 20171007_012448.jpg
    20171007_012448.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 20171007_012337.jpg
    20171007_012337.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
New to the forum, so I figured I'd post my current rig.
On my third iteration with this setup as I swap around blocks, radiators, and coolant.
I think I finally have it about 90% where I want it.
*Also, the uv leds played havoc on my phones camera so pics aren't that great.

Looks great! Is the UV reaction really that intense?

Looks great! Is the UV reaction really that intense?

The tubing is Primochill UV atomic green, it really pops with good uv lighting. The coolant took a bit of trial to get it just where I wanted it as it's something I mixed. I started with Mayhems UV white coolant and mixed UV Green die and UV clear die in until it got there.
What made the whole thing was good uv lighting. Cheap uv LED's didn't do much, had to spend a bit more to get quality ones. Downside is they hurt to look at for more than a couple seconds so you really gotta tuck them up so they aren't shining in you eyes when you use the PC.

Back