New and Improved Watercooling Sticky - Post Your Systems Here

Check out this simple/cheap loop I built for my 16 yr old nephew. He had an Antec 620 that crapped out. I had originally built this rig with a 3820 and 7950. I swapped the 7950 for a 7970 with ek block and cobbled the rest together from my leftovers, tubing, qdc, pump, cpu block, compressions. I was surprised he kicked in for the koolance rad and bp minitank res. This will be his b-day in a couple weeks and xmas. The Koolance hx-cu720v is a surprisingly strong 30mm rad for 49.99. It was able to keep up with a 4.6ghz 3820 in prime. I should try dropping the hammer and run it at 5ghz the sake of science. This chip has done 5.1 in the past but in my rig.

yNaJup5l.jpg

Check out this simple/cheap loop I built for my 16 yr old nephew. He had an Antec 620 that crapped out. I had originally built this rig with a 3820 and 7950. I swapped the 7950 for a 7970 with ek block and cobbled the rest together from my leftovers, tubing, qdc, pump, cpu block, compressions. I was surprised he kicked in for the koolance rad and bp minitank res. This will be his b-day in a couple weeks and xmas. The Koolance hx-cu720v is a surprisingly strong 30mm rad for 49.99. It was able to keep up with a 4.6ghz 3820 in prime. I should try dropping the hammer and run it at 5ghz the sake of science. This chip has done 5.1 in the past but in my rig.

yNaJup5l.jpg

Nice! I love spare parts builds.

My stepson inherits all my previous gen hardware (lucky kid will never know my misery in the 90's of being on severely obsolete hardware)

Right now he's on my old AMD FX8350 I used to use in my server, and my old 2013 Kepler Titan (the first one). At the time I was building the system, selling the Titan fetched so little money that it only barely covered getting a much lower end GPU, so I just gave it to him instead. It's a little older, but still handles 1080p just fine, and gets DX12 support (even though it's only at feature level 11).

I only just finished my own first WC loop, but I imagine once I have spare WC parts over time, those will flow downstream (pun intended) as well!

I love that this thread goes all the way back to 2004. I remember seeing all those systems with blue LEDs in my mid-teens and just being mesmerized.

My contribution: Ncase M1
Started out with and air cooled CPU and an AIO for the GPU. Couldn't help myself when I saw the pics on this thread! I like knowing there is a full geek-out hidden inside an otherwise plain case.

Very nice and clean!

I only see a single 120mm (or is it 140mm) radiator. it's pretty thick though.

What kind of temps do you get with both CPU and GPU with only the one rad? What CPU and GPU do you use? Are they overclocked?

Very nice and clean!

What kind of temps do you get with both CPU and GPU with only the one rad? What CPU and GPU do you use? Are they overclocked?
There's a slim 120.2 rad in the bottom--you can see an extension and two 90° fittings going to one of its ports on the right.

Very nice and clean!

It's a dual rad build: a 92mm on the rear, and a 240mm on the bottom of the case.
CPU is a i5 6600K @ 4.5, GPU is GTX 1070 @ 2126MHz / 9216MHz memory

Honestly though, I see basically minimal improvement from overclocking the CPU, so I'm probably just going to revert it back to stock!

Temps are around 60 degree for CPU and 50 degree for GPU under load. Unlike other people though, my CPU always seems to spike quite high, although it runs consistently in that range - no idea why this is the case.

There's a slim 120.2 rad in the bottom--you can see an extension and two 90° fittings going to one of its ports on the right.

Absolutely right!

It's a dual rad build: a 92mm on the rear, and a 240mm on the bottom of the case.
CPU is a i5 6600K @ 4.5, GPU is GTX 1070 @ 2126MHz / 9216MHz memory

Honestly though, I see basically minimal improvement from overclocking the CPU, so I'm probably just going to revert it back to stock!

Temps are around 60 degree for CPU and 50 degree for GPU under load. Unlike other people though, my CPU always seems to spike quite high, although it runs consistently in that range - no idea why this is the case.

Absolutely right!

Ah nice. The bottom.one blended in with the black for me at first.

I didn't know they made 92mm radiators!

Either way, very clean build. Very impressed.

Nothing too beautiful as of yet, but my ancient Koolance PC2-650 was struggling, aluminum rad corroding badly, and needed swapped so I put this together in a bit of a hurry.

Next year when I upgrade the entire system I'll get the GPU(s) under water and re-do it with hardline.

I'll get a pic of it running when I get home tonight. Probably the most overkill CPU loop in history haha

Top HWL GTX Nem 480 with Corsair SP120s, Bottom Alphacool XT45 X-Flow 480 with Thermaltake Riings

IMAG1449.jpg

Nothing too beautiful as of yet, but my ancient Koolance PC2-650 was struggling, aluminum rad corroding badly, and needed swapped so I put this together in a bit of a hurry.

Next year when I upgrade the entire system I'll get the GPU(s) under water and re-do it with hardline.

I'll get a pic of it running when I get home tonight. Probably the most overkill CPU loop in history haha

Top HWL GTX Nem 480 with Corsair SP120s, Bottom Alphacool XT45 X-Flow 480 with Thermaltake Riings

View attachment 10748

Not too shabby. That case is cavernous. What case is it?

Those walls though. :p That green is INTENSE. :p

That's a 900D from the looks.

Hey wait, that's the rad I sold you right, and your CL case find? Oye, only PUSH on the 480? There looks to be too much height from the mb to fan. You need to go to PUSH/PULL on the GTX rad or it will have a negative effect. Some sort of black magic happens with that rad and P/P, it just becomes a monster but in PUSH it is just a kitten.

Not too shabby. That case is cavernous. What case is it?

Those walls though. :p That green is INTENSE. :p

900D, pics really don't do it justice in size. The god damn thing is massive haha. I debated on the 900D for nearly 2 years "I want something that fits everything... but its SO big... but my old tower was considered a server tower back in the day so maybe its not THAT much bigger."

Find one on CL for a great deal, drive to Orlando to get it.. yeah...

As far as the walls, for some reason when I moved into the house I wanted a Kawi green office heh.

IMAG1424.jpg

That's a 900D from the looks.

Hey wait, that's the rad I sold you right, and your CL case find? Oye, only PUSH on the 480? There looks to be too much height from the mb to fan. You need to go to PUSH/PULL on the GTX rad or it will have a negative effect. Some sort of black magic happens with that rad and P/P, it just becomes a monster but in PUSH it is just a kitten.

Indeed it is haha. I didn't want to drop the rad down that low over the mobo, right now temps are staying at 34c under load xD

My next project will be to move an old 3930k/rive into my htpc and string my phobya 1080 10ft away. Just prepped the ole phobya and waiting on two packs of lrt.

OnJPEvXh.jpg

My next project will be to move an old 3930k/rive into my htpc and string my phobya 1080 10ft away. Just prepped the ole phobya and waiting on two packs of lrt.
what do you think of those apevia fans? I hemmed and hawed over them and now I can find them anywhere(saw $18/4pk) and ended up getting some CMs. :unsure:

That pump gonna be enough for that much rad and tubing?
that is a good point. is that a PMP-450/S or other d5 variant? if so its only rated a 3.9m so it might JUST cut it or not. or are we not understanding head pressure correctly?!

that is a good point. is that a PMP-450/S or other d5 variant? if so its only rated a 3.9m so it might JUST cut it or not. or are we not understanding head pressure correctly?!

Also, the general thought is 1 foot of head per 90*, you're approaching the limits of that pump just within the monster rad

Probably, I'll know by the temps.

what do you think of those apevia fans? I hemmed and hawed over them and now I can find them anywhere(saw $18/4pk) and ended up getting some CMs. :unsure:

That's a 35x not a D5 so at max there's roughly 50% more head pressure. And as for the apevia fans, I dunno they were real cheap. I won't need much fan for this, they just need to breathe on that rad to make it work. :ROFLMAO:

Probably, I'll know by the temps.

That's a 35x not a D5 so at max there's roughly 50% more head pressure. And as for the apevia fans, I dunno they were real cheap. I won't need much fan for this, they just need to breathe on that rad to make it work. :ROFLMAO:
35x is 4.4m so it should just be enough but like you said, youll know by temps. hopefully those fans will be good for you if all the really need to do is spin at the lowest rpm. I just needed to replace a few old noisy antec stock case fans so anything will be better for me too. I like shit like this so keep us updated!!

35x is 4.4m so it should just be enough but like you said, youll know by temps. hopefully those fans will be good for you if all the really need to do is spin at the lowest rpm. I just needed to replace a few old noisy antec stock case fans so anything will be better for me too. I like shit like this so keep us updated!!

I'm not sure what numbers you are citing but a 35x is roughly 50% more head than a D5. That's the key difference in head pressure between them, roughly 4.5psi vs 6.5 total dynamic head at 1GPM. The chart below is from Martins. Anyways, worse case I can throw the 2nd 35x in there with my 35X2 top but I think it'll be ok. I won't need 1GPM often.

lp5HzbUh.png

Bubbles be gone! If you don't have a switch connected to your jumper, get one. They make things just that much easier.

hlUuNQIh.jpg

Oh damn, all the tubing is here.

Before, excuse the terrible pic

1Z3OoLWh.jpg

In progress:

oZia9dlh.jpg

I never really paid this box much attention, so it was a long time coming to clean this thing up.

Last edited:

So I finished it, ran two 10ft runs to the external. Pump is running maxed out atm because I haven't had a chance to make a long enough PWM cable. Installed 3dmark, just ran a FS run at 4.6 and 1517mhz gpu core. Temps maxed out at 50c/31c cpu/gpu. Lmao.... this is silliness. Oh and these fans are pretty quiet. From the sofa you can't hear them. They are quieter than AP15s maxed out and these run maxed out. I don't even know what they spin at lol, they were cheap 5 pack for 16 at amazon. They're cheaper than yate loons!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/16391746

http://i.imgur.com/21lJjsZ.jpg

My frankenpump, mcp35x inside an Alphacool DDC310 body mounted on a EK uni holder. It's awesome having a microcenter near that carries all sorts of EK goodies.

SIKoLu0h.jpg

It is now, it was a dining table :)
The legs were chopped in half, the pull out extension leaves cut horizontally to make the sides, and the bottom fitted from some old mdf.
The only things I bought were the corner joints and some screws.
I'm glad to hide all the junk and wires coming from the PCs rear.
The rad is under the table with 2x140mm fans pointing upward.

Hehe yeah.
I had the idea about a year ago due to the mess but had no table.
By coincidence my Mum cleared out one of her spare rooms and offered me this.
I was worried it would be too big but its great.
The only slight issue was the leaves were warped but you can only tell close up.
The PC is much quieter too and there is plenty of room to do a major mod with large silent fans.

It changed the rooms bass response a bit so I had to fiddle with the subwoofer.
15Hz isnt quite as strong now but at least that end of the room doesnt look like junk.
Very happy with it.

Back