New and Improved Watercooling Sticky - Post Your Systems Here

I am new to this forum and have a new watercooling system. I want to post pics but I dont see any options to do so. How to I post a picture here?

I just did a system refresh and put in some upgrades.

System Specs:
NZXT Switch 810 Matte Black
Corsair AX750
EVGA X58 FTW3
Xeon L5640 @ 3.4
24gb (6x4) Corsair Dominator
MSI R7970 3gb
2 256gb Samsung SSD Raid 0
300gb WD VR scratch drive

Cooling:
HK 3.0 LT
EK 7970
Switech MCR 360, 240, 120
Corsair SP120 in push/pull wired at 5v
Hidden XSPC dual res with D5 vario
Enzotech rotaries with 7/16 tubing, no clamps, heat shrinked connections

I am new to this forum and have a new watercooling system. I want to post pics but I dont see any options to do so. How to I post a picture here?

in your post there is a little picture of a mountain above the text box that you click to insert the URL of an image. or, if you're using an image hosting site like imgur then you can just copy/paste their forum code into the text box.

ab560b.jpg

4ffcbe.jpg

0d0b8b.jpg

58a0a4.jpg

2593dc.jpg

66cd5a.jpg

fa3080.jpg

977d0d.jpg

f3412e.jpg

a5ab34.jpg

Damn im jelly .... wish you were in central FL to lend a hand :) Your machines look great man.

Damn just a little too far .... and thats right you do need work on that project .... great lookign boxes anyhow man

Haus LAN-a-stare? :(
That's amusing definitely but the computer design owns anything that giant man has written.

Thanks for the reply. So on this forum I have to use an image hosting site and cannot just upload a picture from my pc?

These picture were all taken from the only camera I have, my iphone, so my apologies for the low resolution. This build started a year ago with an xspc kit, and after replacing many parts of the kit I would recommend doing a bit of research and building your own. The kit was solid and did its job, I would say it was a good value, and in fact parts of it I would choose for a custom kit. However, after I installed it and fired up my pc I was hooked and could not help but look for flaws day after day. I have wanted to post in this thread for a long time. My build is not perfect compared to many in this thread, but I hope you guys think it is a good effort for a home hobbyist.

Mod EDIT: Removed links to preserve user privacy

Last edited by a moderator:
I am embarrassed, I am not trying to direct anyone to my facebook page. I guess I just dont get it. I was trying to post pics by pasting a URL, from a trusted source. LOL, apparently I am too stupid for this forum.

I am embarrassed, I am not trying to direct anyone to my facebook page. I guess I just dont get it. I was trying to post pics by pasting a URL, from a trusted source. LOL, apparently I am too stupid for this forum.

haha don't worry about it. if you uploaded them to your fb account then depending on your privacy settings we probably have to be friends with you to see them, which is why they're not working. just do like Concentric said and upload them to an image host site and post the URLs they give you here. imgshack and imgur are two other good options. and yes you have to host them somewhere online instead of uploading directly from your computer.

Here a few pics of my updated system. I have two Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Quad 120mm Radiators installed. One for the CPU and the other for the video cards. What you cannot see in the pic is the second pump.

I have been toying with the idea of going with one pump, something like a bay rez/pump combo. But I'm not sure if the pump would be strong enough.

I do regret going with blue tubing, my next build will either have black or red. :D

Creepin_D, a single d5 should be enough for that. Though, I do like 2 loop system myself after trying one out recently. A Bay res would tidy things up, but how about a giant cylinder reservoir in that spot between the GPU's and the front drive bays. It would cover up the grommets for wire management though.

9fe5c593_WP_20140721_017.jpg

Here's mine. Finished a few days ago. 4690k sucks though, anything past 4.5 requires soooo much tinkering I think I'll just stop there. Reminds me of Ivy-E overclocking lol.

Creepin_D, a single d5 should be enough for that. Though, I do like 2 loop system myself after trying one out recently. A Bay res would tidy things up, but how about a giant cylinder reservoir in that spot between the GPU's and the front drive bays. It would cover up the grommets for wire management though.

Here's mine. Finished a few days ago. 4690k sucks though, anything past 4.5 requires soooo much tinkering I think I'll just stop there. Reminds me of Ivy-E overclocking lol.

I never thought of using a cylinder reservoir...Thanks! :D

BTW great looking system.....what type of tubing is that?

I never thought of using a cylinder reservoir...Thanks! :D

BTW great looking system.....what type of tubing is that?
It was a thought, I imagine you could fit one monster of a reservoir in there. I tend to go for small reservoirs :p. Just as Feather said it is copper pipe, 10mm OD to be exact. :)

It appears to be copper. And looking sexy
Ah shucks, thank you. I always wanted to try copper pipe in a smaller build and this one finally makes me happier then usual, just wish the card and CPU were better overclockers.

What kind of mandrel kit did you use for the copper? Are the rigid fittings the same as you would use for acrylic?

Meant to post these a couple of weeks ago.

System:

i7-4770k
Gigabyte 780 Ti WF3 OC
Asus Sabertooth Z97
16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3
3x SSDs (512 GB, 2x120 GB)
Seasonic Platinum 760W SS-760XP
Corsair C70 Gunmetal Black

It's a simple loop, but I've got:
1x Swiftech MCR220-QP
1x XSPC EX240
1x Swiftech Apogee HD CPU Waterblock
1x EK-FC780 GTX WF3 - Nickel
1x RP-452x2 v2 reservoir
2x MCP-655 pumps
1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing

Case was super easy to build in as I had plenty of room and the radiators didn't have any clearance issues. I'm happy with being back on ATX instead of an ITX build :).

The Sabertooth Z97 is SUPER AMAZING FANTASTIC for water cooling builds if you don't want an external 5.25" fan controller. The motherboard has three temperature headers so I stuck my temp probe for the water on there, and Thermal Radar 2 lets you tie the cooling fans to any temperature input (unlike EZ-Fan which only lets you tie it to the CPU temp...). I've got it setup so my radiator fans are tied to the water temp and I have the fan speeds scale from 20 - 50 °C (give or take). Love it.

image by phillyboy82, on Flickr

Last edited:
just a solo pic of my updated M8

unnamed_zps14e49e75.png

used to have pastel red coolant, changed it to mayhem's deep red + distilled

Here's my humble setup. Just got the Mayhems Pastel Blue - looking forward to testing the longevity of the stuff. I'm prepared for a full system clean out if need be, but hopefully it'll last a while.

E3USk22l.jpg

w5v84p0l.jpg

ppnaSukl.jpg

UGFPey0l.jpg

QQMe5QYl.jpg

ZfNq8Rkl.jpg

I ran my system for about 9 months with Tygon tubing - distilled + silver coil. Those tubes leaked plasticizer like no other. It was time to change. You can tell the old from the unused Tygon from the new Primochill pretty easily.

rXArbLWl.jpg

Redid my loop and switched to Mayhem Pastel Sunset Yellow. It's a cleaner loop than before and the whole thing is sitting on the top shelf above my sound system.

PC10.jpg

PC11.jpg

PC12.jpg

PC13.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pics of my updated system. I decided to go with one loop instead of two this time, and I am happy I did. So much more room in my case now :D

Specs of my system are in my sig. I'm still toying around with my CPU over clock, but for now I'm at 4.5Ghz with 1.3volts, and a max temp of 60C.

Slow work in progress as required parts come in. Hoping to have this up and running next weekend (5960X + 3x Titans). Got a 512gb M2 SSD in there as well. I still need to get another Scythe GT, triple SLI connector, Titan back plate, another set of PCIe extension cables, and then I should be good to go! I'm also going to look into adding a custom PSU cover to the bottom. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the side panel either right now as my rads are exhausts and I'll need intake capability through that panel.

Edit : Updated 10/19/2014 - Got all the parts installed. I'm still waiting on the white sleeved cables, and have a 120mm rad on the way. Then this case will be absolutely maxed out in cooling potential. Pretty happy of what the $160 case is capable of for water cooling. :)

2r23yoh.jpg

Last edited:
Slow work in progress as required parts come in. Hoping to have this up and running next weekend (5960X + 3x Titans). Got a 512gb M2 SSD in there as well. I still need to get another Scythe GT, triple SLI connector, Titan back plate, another set of PCIe extension cables, and then I should be good to go! I'm also going to look into adding a custom PSU cover to the bottom. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the side panel either right now as my rads are exhausts and I'll need intake capability through that panel.

Edit : Updated 10/19/2014 - Got all the parts installed. I'm still waiting on the white sleeved cables, and have a 120mm rad on the way. Then this case will be absolutely maxed out in cooling potential. Pretty happy of what the $160 case is capable of for water cooling. :)

2r23yoh.jpg

Which pump top and res is that? I like it. How is it to bleed?

My PC just landed on intel's instagram!
http://instagram.com/p/vgbcKtQQLF

If you live in New York City and want to get featured. Hit me up and I'll connect you with the photographer.
*NYC ONLY* Preferably Manhattan, Bronx, or Brooklyn.
All you do is supply a clean rig(really, nobody is interested in photographing your dust!), Intel sends their photographers with lighting rig and the whole 9 yards to your place.

I did use an H80i pump section rigged with a Black Ice GTX gen 2 extreme 92mm and Primo tubing.

How much trouble was that? It's an interesting idea, and would save me a few bucks on a cpu block and pump if I ever decide to go full-water. :D

How much trouble was that? It's an interesting idea, and would save me a few bucks on a cpu block and pump if I ever decide to go full-water. :D

quite easy really , you will have to cut the original hoses loose of the barbs , I cut them off at the barb end and then sliced the remaining tubing piece long ways making sure not to scar the barb , I didn't have to go all the way through the tube before it loosened up and came off. Primo or other tubing of the correct dimension should work. Clamp in your usual fashion , my tubing fit very snug and I reused the rubber "clamps" that were on the original tubes , you can see them in the picture (don't know if they help a lot but they finish out the look)...keep in mind that the H80i uses larger tubing (3/8th) and some coolers use the smaller that I guess is 1/4.

Last edited:
Here is my redone system. Took me a full day to put this together, not counting the dismantling of my previous system.

Which pump top and res is that? I like it. How is it to bleed?

Sorry I did not realize this was asked. If still useful it is

This pump top : http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...lack_Acetal.html?tl=g57c595&id=BjyTk5Sn#blank

Adapter to res : http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...al_D5_XRES_Upgrade_Link.html?tl=g57c595#blank (only if you want res directly attached)

And the res can be of any size in their X3 series. I now have a smaller 150 on top of it. I like because it's probably about as compact as you can make an internal pump/res setup. Bleeding was extremely easy too. In general pumps mounted at the bottom of the loop with the res above them have a far easier time with bleeding.

Last edited:
Upgraded my rig , finally got some pics. Going to sleeve the rest of the cables when I have time.

1209142117_zps933391f9.jpg

1209142321_zps6aae98d6.jpg

1209142322_zps218bc026.jpg

Figured I post whore it up a little. Happy with my new loop, once I can move my HD's to all 2.5" in this machine. Ill change up the layout a little but for now, works awesome and stays quiet when gaming!

2mm9xxl.jpg

bdjtiw.jpg

Back