New and Improved Watercooling Sticky - Post Your Systems Here

JLangevin that must have been a pain to fill and bleed with that pump placement.
But looks real nice with the white tubes.

Not in the least! The water level of the 250ml res is WAY above the pump. It's actually the easiest fill I've ever had in any system I've done!

The HuskyStarCraft build that I got back when the pump died. When I finish my Queen of Blades rig, this one will go to my 12-year old Son.
EVGA X79 FTW mobo (mobo has bad USB 3 ports so swapping mobo our for ASUS Rampage IV Extreme)
Intel i7 3820
32 Gigs Crucial Tactical Tracer
Crucial 960 gig SSD
Corsair AX 1200 PSU
3-way SLI EVGA 680s
EK blocks, rad, pump top, and res.
Monsoon fittings
LutrO sleeved extensions
dsc0186ms.jpg

dsc0185fy.jpg

dsc0187d.jpg

dsc0190gz.jpg

dsc0191wr.jpg

dsc0197ee.jpg

dsc0193pp.jpg

Here is the system I am finishing. I need to install the EK blocks on the four 780s, pull out all the tubing, then install the new Primochill hard line fittings and heat bend hard lines and install them. Before you all comment, the WD greens I had left over and are only for storage. OS drive is two Crucial 512 gig M4s in RAID 0 installed on SATA 6 (Intel controller). Mobo is EVGA SRX - two low end procs (not ES) so 12 physical cores 24 logical cores.
dsc0276w.jpg

dsc0270bl.jpg

Video of hard lines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJxAd94t_j0

Picked up a 900D from Microcenter. Been dreaming of it since I had my hands on it at CES and when I saw that they were in stock, I made the hour drive (each way) to get it. Worth every penny if you are serious about watercooling.

9198875820_a8a5ed63ce_c.jpg

9198897360_3e10a04f45_c.jpg

9198897404_75544e9237_z.jpg

9196113657_f911034d0d_z.jpg

9198875592_0dff7713c4_z.jpg

9198876006_2b8fc3e5da_z.jpg

9198875938_b30be4afdc_z.jpg

9196092337_094ab308ae_z.jpg

9198876158_e9844f8599_z.jpg

Guess I will put these pix in this thread as well? Not done yet in this pic - just working on wire management. More pix soon with lighting and running
2nzc.jpg

01r1.jpg

tdna.jpg

6qg1.jpg

jpxe.jpg

Darth, how snug does the Rigid-Acrylic fit in those fittings? Ive been considering it, but still leery about it. Do those Primochill fittings tighten down?

Darth, how snug does the Rigid-Acrylic fit in those fittings? Ive been considering it, but still leery about it. Do those Primochill fittings tighten down?

They tighten down real well - not sure what people complain about. Maybe they have dainty hands?

lol, maybe. Lastly, what did you use for an insert in the acrylic tubing to prevent crushing when heating/bending?

Decided to re-do my loop. Added a new reservoir. I know there's plenty of room left, but honestly, the space doesn't bother me too much.

I should probably consider getting the HDD/SSD flex-bay add-on.

2csevqe.jpg

Still alive and kicking after 5 years or so. New PSU just put in. A little messy with the cables but, I do have 9 hard drives, and 2 optical drives shoved in this workstation.
903957_10104307515161974_143020627_o.jpg

906804_10104307515311674_1072778571_o.jpg

Primarily used for photo editing and web development. Here's a shot of what my desk usually looks like:
1044397_10104632980736354_1331618911_n.jpg

Circa 2001... one of two watercooled computers @ Recon 2000 LAN out of ~2000+ computers.
39691_10100410572800704_7524911_n.jpg

I've been pondering on the asrock OC Formula and after seeing some of these black and yellow boards, it's not so bad!

Good question--I had to dig through my files and find it. This computer was also submitted to Maximum PC for the "rig of the month" but it was actually featured as one of the "Rigs of the Year" in December 2001. In that picture I believe I was running an Abit KD7 and 2600+ Barton @ 2.1ghz--at least that's what I found screenshots of haha Now, earlier when I submitted it to Maximum PC it was 1.53ghz Athlon XP @ 1.82ghz @ 25C, EPoX EP-8KHA+, 768mb Crucial ddr @ 180mhz, Leadtek Winfast GF2 @ 315/262.5, "Cube" Radiator, Maze 2 waterblock and resivoir/pump kit from overclock-watercool.com (defunct now). The door had a window with an acrylic cut out in iridescent blue plastic with my Counter-Strike clan "CCR" or Chu^2 cut out on the side. Naturally there was a black light and rheobus fan controller as well. It was epic and I do indeed still have the case, but have retired it to a closet.

40402_10100410572850604_7381067_n.jpg

Towering over all the other puny desktops hah

40402_10100410572900504_4152273_n.jpg

And that ends our Tuesday night retro flash back to 2001. :)

Last edited:
Finally redid my system with older hardware. Tell me what you think

IMAG0018.jpg

question

i want to really organize the cables on my PSU side (caselabs M8), and i'm specifically looking for a way to make the SATA power cables coming from my 4HDDs+1SSD either go into an extension that runs directly to my PSU, or run each drive separately to some sort of molex hub and run that to the PSU

I've seen the Bitspower X-Station I & II hubs, but there's one glaring problem: the molex connections are MALE!

If you check any respectable computer hardware website, their molex to SATA power cables are Molex(M) to SATA. I'd have to buy gender changers for every port on that Bitspower X-Station which would look extremely gaudy/ugly

If anybody could give me some ideas I would really appreciate it

Something like this is what I would like, but I need a molex hub that actually has the proper terminals (i.e. female ports, just like a molex strip coming from any current power supply)

x7xi.png

Last edited:
If your hard drive situation is fairly fixed and you don't plan on adding more, then why not just buy a couple of molex splitters, cut the wrong end off and splice the rest together to make a chain of the proper ends?

This way you can cut the wires to the proper length to match the gap between each hard drive and have a long length to run back to your power supply rail.

Last edited:
my drives aren't molex, only option is SATA power and I honestly don't want to crimp and sleeve sata power cables, nor do I want to use gender changers on the drives

also I'm looking for the cleanest look possible

what I'm probably going to do is bite the bullet on the x-station and some molex to sata splitters, and recrimp the ends to female

SATA power connector chaining requires no crimping and are actually very easy to sleeve.

Stolen from another H thread..
dsc00994e.jpg

Those wires are all one piece...just pushed into the connector.

SATA power connector chaining requires no crimping and are actually very easy to sleeve.

Stolen from another H thread..
dsc00994e.jpg

Those wires are all one piece...just pushed into the connector.

Looks great - Have a how-to in another thread?

Looks great - Have a how-to in another thread?

i dont remember you saying anything about wanting to sleeve your cables in you post. if you dont care for sleeving then it can be done ridiculously easily in about 5 minutes. adding sleeving will tack on another couple hours. :)

you can just use an existing sata power cable and just crimp on extra connectors by hand. see here, you can get any color you want too! you just place the sata plug where you want on the cable (make sure it is the same direction as the one that comes on it) and then push the wires into the slots by hand or using a flathead screwdriver. then just press on the top piece. make sure you get them with pass through caps unless youre doing one on the very end of a cable (like if you shortened your cable to the right length) in which case get an end cap. i've also lengthened cables before by soldering on extra wire length or just wire nutting extra length on if it's hidden out of the way. make sure you remember which wire is which when you put on the connectors though or it wont work and youll have to do it all over again.

EDIT: nissan beat me to it. :p

bought the molex to 2 SATA & another molex to 3 SATA splitter cables, and the x-station power version 2, which has 8 molex connectors. i'll use my diagram and post some screenshots once i finish sleeving the rest of my cables :)

so far I've sleeved 4 8-pin PCI-e cables, and two strips of molex connectors (those are by far the hardest to sleeve in my opinion)

using lutro0 customs coreless paracord and heatshrink that i purchased at menards

here's a brief pic of the before & after of the pci-e
null_zps5ef0dda2.jpg

null_zps2b892fad.jpg

1239603_4689930784912_1195453163_n.jpg

null_zps70c080c4.jpg

also purchased 4 sheets of black acrylic from Tap Plastics (http://www.tapplastics.com) that I'll be using for custom floors,
due to having a radiator in the pedestal and needing to route tubing (and wires) down through the M8's 3 120mm fan holes.
if it turns out the way i hope it will, it'll look really nice. i got the idea from Singularity Computers youtube channel.
also, seeing how bright the red sleeving is, i'm probably going to use pastel the next time i refill my loop and try to
match the color of that sleeving as best I can

Last edited:
Hello!

I was inspired by all the new cool 900d builds out there, so two months ago I decided to create a new gaming machine, but my challenge was to do all the bends in acrylic tube...no rotary or angle fittings!! I ended up only using 2 rotary fittings...I was close ;): It was an amazing learning experience!

The build is almost finished so I wanted to share a few pics!

My build log is HERE.

-M

900d-17Large.jpg

900d-1Large.jpg

900d-15Large.jpg

900d-13Large.jpg

900d-11Large.jpg

900d-10Large.jpg

900d-9Large.jpg

900d-7Large.jpg

900d-4Large.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That is some great work!! especially with the tubing! I just finished my 900D build with a similar orange color scheme, but now I'n not even going to bother posting it!!

Hello!

I was inspired by all the new cool 900d builds out there, so two months ago I decided to create a new gaming machine, but my challenge was to do all the bends in acrylic tube...no rotary or angle fittings!! I ended up only using 2 rotary fittings...I was close ;): It was an amazing learning experience!

The build is almost finished so I wanted to share a few pics!

My build log is HERE.

-M

900d-17Large.jpg

obama-not-bad.jpeg

love the orange and black theme.... looks like you're using Sunny-D as coolant. ;)

Back