New and Improved Watercooling Sticky - Post Your Systems Here

^ that's a lot of heat sources before a rad. wouldn't the water be pretty warm before reaching the CPU?

In a watercooling loop, the coolant is nearly same warm at all points - only a little difference between in front and behind the radiator.

^ that's a lot of heat sources before a rad. wouldn't the water be pretty warm before reaching the CPU?

what heat sources, the ram and ssd? heh everything is water cooled so there would be very little heat inside the case. it would still be a little warmer than outside the case though, so if i were him id still have the fans the other way, but im sure he has his reasons. :)

I normally see loops that large run a radiator between the video card and cpu. I would think it would help keep the water/parts at a lower temp. As that is it runs through just about everything before the CPU. Seems like the CPU would not get as effective of cooling as it should in such an awesome looking rig :)

All that matters is a decent flow rate and enough rad. In a decent setup, if you put probes at the start/return of your loop, you'll see maybe a 1c difference.

Correct and this triple rad has enough power to bring good temps to the components :) S775 CPU + Board and a little 4850 card

Here is my rig that I have was recently upgraded in February 2011 to displace 1320w of heat.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p151/Kayden3/outside3.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p151/Kayden3/inside3.jpg

I plan to get a 3rd 580 in Feb, a ENERMAX 1350 (thanks [H] for that review) and get more dye for my coolant so it isn't as clear. I use PC ICE non conductive coolant and I've heard you need to use 4 or 5 for best results, it only came with one hence why it looks practically clear.

Here is what my machine looked like back in 2007 with BFG 8800 GTX WC, dual core AMD 5200+ and 4GB. It later got upgraded to a quad core AMD and 8GB of ram, until I my recent upgrade in February.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p151/Kayden3/IMAG0020.jpg

Last edited:
In case Frank may have missed the water cooling crowd - his build log is in Case & Case Modding, but here is the beast finally finished after hundreds if not thousands of hours of detail and building, tweaking, changing out hardware, and the likes over the last 9+ months - Frank is one cool monster of a PC.

temps1142011.jpg

frankgametime.jpg

frank008wbinstalled.jpg

frankermchillin.jpg

frankxficover01.jpg

1stmacro.jpg

035tysa.jpg

052fa.jpg

075de.jpg

gtxgpus.jpg

frankcasewdoor.jpg

frankdarkcontrast.jpg

frankfrontdark.jpg

frankheart.jpg

frankwideangle.jpg

In case Frank may have missed the water cooling crowd - his build log is in Case & Case Modding, but here is the beast finally finished after hundreds if not thousands of hours of detail and building, tweaking, changing out hardware, and the likes over the last 9+ months - Frank is one cool monster of a PC.

This looks familiar :D

Franks UCLK speed is woefully low. Most certainly hurting your performance.

Franks build is masterful and art like. Looks like it has plenty of breathing room for over clocking.

thank's a lot. video card blocks are planned but therefore it will be needed a second bigger reservoir :D

but first i'm going to rebuilt my girlfriend's watercooling system .

that would be fun, cooling a room full of pc's with a single loop. (not wise, but fun :) )

well ive seen one other loop where a guy cooled all his PCs with a system under his house. i think he had quick disconnects going in and out of each one so he could just take each rig out of the loop and close the system back up without it. i would guess each rig would need its own pump too, but at least the res, rads, and fans (the biggest and loudest parts of any loop) are isolated.

@jonneymendoza .. i wonder how many pcs you can water cool with that setup. LoL...awesome

This was my old layout. It kinda sucked with where the pump was.

img1808oa.jpg

With the release of the Apogee HD, I got one and decided to change things up a little. Moved the pump and it uses a little more tubing, but I like this layout a bit more. Also changed some fittings to make tubing routing a bit easier. Fans went from pull to push to dampen the noise a bit. I cheated and got some NZXT presleeved cables...

26983578.jpg

27713145.jpg

58563391.jpg

First WC build. Have yet to stress test Coretemp says 33c and it's 20-ish C in this room just surfing/listening to music.

1416ydt.jpg

67i6gk.jpg

zyimvc.jpg

5cnmti.jpg

... from my worklog HERE

Been awhile since I serviced my rig.
THE HORROR:

After the cleanup:

Everything nice and neat and back together again with new Nidec Gentle Tyhpoon AP-15's:

Yes... That is three 120mm rads crammed into an A10-B with push/pull gentle typhoons on all of them. The fans are AMAZING. I just went from Yate Loon D12SH's(What skinnee says is almost equivalent to the GT AP-15's), and let me tell you... It's like going from a toy to the real thing.

I just picked up some DD 480GTX FC blocks for my 560Ti 448 Classy's, also, so another update will be coming soon!

What are your temps like with this slim rad?

Not bad. Prime95 after about an hour it's in mid 50's at 4.6GHZ with 1.33v on i5-2500k.

I also have the same model on top 120mm. Works fine.

Not bad. Prime95 after about an hour it's in mid 50's at 4.6GHZ with 1.33v on i5-2500k.

I also have the same model on top 120mm. Works fine.

Run linx all memory with win7 sp1 and avx enabled binaries. Then get back to us with your temps. Prime is no longer a real stress tool. 99% of all overclocks 'tested' with prime will fail linx.

Run linx all memory with win7 sp1 and avx enabled binaries. Then get back to us with your temps. Prime is no longer a real stress tool. 99% of all overclocks 'tested' with prime will fail linx.

99% of all overclocks "tested" with prime that fail linx will never give the user a single problem.

Back