New and Improved Watercooling Sticky - Post Your Systems Here

dsc00258u.jpg

Picked up the case, complete with an old TT PSU, the top radiator, CPU block (innovatek xx-flow), eheim DC pump, front res, etc for $40.

Rigged up a bracket for my i3, dropped my load temps 10-15c from a Corsiar A50 in a Xigmatek Utgard case with 2x the airflow and 2x the noise.

Plans? clean the case up a lot, new side panel, 7/16" tubing, and a real pump & block.. possibly watercooled 5750 CF

pc004.jpg

pc002.jpg

pc001.jpg

pc007.jpg

I dont know if I ever posted my rig in this thread. Its been over a year since I finished and I have been gather a few parts to freshen things up a bit.

Eight.jpg

two.jpg

Five.jpg

Four.jpg

seven.jpg

Water%20Cooling%20001.JPG

my rack mount water rig from my sig. I haven't opened it for a while and just noticed some dried water wetter, that is no good.

I have 2 120mm med speed panaflos @ 7v blowing over a heater core from a 84 Accord. The reservoir is too small for the full flow of the D5 so it always has air in the line but it still keeps cool. Suggestions are always welcome.

my rack mount water rig from my sig. I haven't opened it for a while and just noticed some dried water wetter, that is no good.

I have 2 120mm med speed panaflos @ 7v blowing over a heater core from a 84 Accord. The reservoir is too small for the full flow of the D5 so it always has air in the line but it still keeps cool. Suggestions are always welcome.
put a fish tank sponge in the reservoir. problem solved.

put a fish tank sponge in the reservoir. problem solved.

I found a leak so I took stuff apart and at the same time used a foam filter from the aquarium shop in the reservoir, temps are ~10C lower now. Thanks.

I just ventured into the world of watercooling. I bought some used parts off a buddy(which is how it likely starts for alot of people). As of right now, I've only cooled the cpu. I plan on Watercooling the GPU's when I can scrounge up $350 dollars to blow on that side of the spectrum. Anyways, here's the rundown;

Rig:
Corsair 600t case
AMD 1090t @3.2(for now)
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
2 x 2gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 (8-8-8-24)
2x XFX HD 6950's in Crossfire @stock 6950 clocks
Corsair AX850 PSU
OCZ Vertex 2 120gb SSD(boot)
Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb(data)
Western Digital Caviar SE 500gb(backup)
Sony Optiarc DVDRW

Cooling:
Swiftech MCP220, 2 x 240mm Radiator
Swiftech D5 Pump
Swiftech MicroReservoir
EK Supreme HF Black/Acetal CPU Block
Primochill 1/2" ID Red Tubing
3 x 120mm fans
1 x 200mm fan(stock corsair)

newstuff051.jpg

newstuff049.jpg

newstuff055.jpg

newstuff056.jpg

newstuff050.jpg

Future Upgrades:

EK HD6950/70 Black/Acetal GPU Waterblocks
200mm Phobya Xtreme Radiator(if I keep the 600t)
More tubing
Eyefinity (3x ASUS VH236H Screens)

Last edited:
Got mine up and running tonight. Going to add a gpu block and try to stuff another 120x240 rad in the front of the case here in a bit.
IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

Got mine up and running tonight. Going to add a gpu block and try to stuff another 120x240 rad in the front of the case here in a bit.

nice! what did you use to dye the GPUs green, vinyl dye? it looks great. and i see that poor geminII over there after being brutally tossed aside. poor guy... :D

It is just green vinyl. I need to take it off and try again. The razor blade I was using to cut it the first time was not very sharp!

Many thanks guys, i really appreciate your kind comments !
I use some china made 50cm led stripe with remote control, it´s available at many ebay shops for around 30-40 US Dollar. You can change the color with the remote control, it´s a nice product ! :)

I have one of those in my shower. It's awesome.

And your cases are gorgeous.

System Spec:
Coolermaster ATCs 840 Chassis x2
Intel X5650's
EVGA SR-2 Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 Hydro Copper FTW - Quad Sli
12GB Crucial RAM
Kingston 64GB SSD's
Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200w PSU

Watercooling Spec:
MIPS MB and RAM Freezer Blocks
Watercool HK3 CPU Blocks
Bitspower Carbon Black fittings
Phobya Radiators (2x 480 & 2x 240)
Koolance RP-450X2 Bay-Res x2
Laing D5 Pumps x3
Premochill 7/16" Hose
Premochill Dye Bombs UV Red

sr-2_atcs_840_2.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_8.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_9.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_16.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_17.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_18.jpg

Whoa. That's incredible. I'll have to check your build log. Two CM 840's. That's impressive. I really did love that case. I suppose the only way to make it better would be to have an even taller 840. You have made the CM ATCS 1040. :D

Hate to break it to you coolmiester. Those dyebombs are going to ruin your system. I learned the hard way that modern cpu blocks are essentially filters, and end up getting caked with the pigment from the dye bombs. Eventually you'll notice that your coolant is near 100% clear again, and that your temps seem to have gone through the roof.

Amazing build overall though. Just get rid of that dye before it's too late...

Hate to break it to you coolmiester. Those dyebombs are going to ruin your system. I learned the hard way that modern cpu blocks are essentially filters, and end up getting caked with the pigment from the dye bombs. Eventually you'll notice that your coolant is near 100% clear again, and that your temps seem to have gone through the roof.

Amazing build overall though. Just get rid of that dye before it's too late...

You know they make color tubing now. It could just be that. Or possibly Coolmiester hires a loop-refresher. :D

Edit: NM. I re-looked at the specs. Appears he did you dye bombs. Hmmm...

My first water cooled loop. Not done with it yet.. coming close though.

196440_147847661946177_100001628338022_318547_968826_n.jpg

entire build cost me $725

Nice build!

But how the hell did you get your SSD's to work right in RAID 0?? I've had no success on my EVGA X58 tri SLI. Tried all the port combos and controller configs I can think of. My western digital blacks work fine in RAID 0 however I set them up, but for the life of me these SSD's won't even finish a Windows install. I suspect the newest one might be defective, but I just thought you might know some secret that I've overlooked, other than firmware, clean write zero formats, or whatever.... sorry for the off topic query.

Nice build!

But how the hell did you get your SSD's to work right in RAID 0?? I've had no success on my EVGA X58 tri SLI. Tried all the port combos and controller configs I can think of. My western digital blacks work fine in RAID 0 however I set them up, but for the life of me these SSD's won't even finish a Windows install. I suspect the newest one might be defective, but I just thought you might know some secret that I've overlooked, other than firmware, clean write zero formats, or whatever.... sorry for the off topic query.

I didn't have to do anything. It just worked right out the gate with 64k stripe size.

neat pics

I'm not sure what's going on here. I assume the loop in the lower right that leads behind the white fan is for cooling hard drives and the red spirally thing is the reservoir? Or is it to another res and your hard drives are behind the door in the bezel?

What's the make/model of the spiral reservoir?

I'm not sure what's going on here. I assume the loop in the lower right that leads behind the white fan is for cooling hard drives and the red spirally thing is the reservoir? Or is it to another res and your hard drives are behind the door in the bezel?

What's the make/model of the spiral reservoir?

The case is a 800d and the lower section with the white fan is a place for MANUAL hard drives to be placed. I used this location to store my 655 pump, the white fan is used to cool the 655 in general and then comes back out. This gives more appeal to the case so the pump isn't seen nor heard :). The hard drives are stored in the 4 bay area of the 800d.

The reservoir is a FrozenQPCMods unit, nice design and basically the spiral is just for looks inside the res. I also got it additional ports drilled to give me future room for a second loop to include the video card(s).

hey guys, I'm starting my first watercooling project and looking for suggestions for tube ID/OD sizing. For the ID, anything that is widely available for both fitting and tubing. OD for Tubing I'd like something in the middle; not too thin and not too thick.

Back