New and Improved Watercooling Sticky - Post Your Systems Here

Discussion in 'Water Cooling' started by zer0signal667, Jun 1, 2004.

1. DWolvin

DWolvin [H]ard|Gawd

Very nice rig, what are thooose fans?

2. VanGoghComplex

VanGoghComplex [H]ard|Gawd

NB-eLoops with Phanteks Halos. =)

guitarslingerchris likes this.
  3. Starrbuck

Starrbuck 2[H]4U

I think I would be the same. You can use a bunch of 90° fittings, and while that drives up your initial cost of not only the those fittings but additional compression fittings as well, you save the cost of the bending mandrels since you only need a pipe cutter, chamfer tool, and insert, not to mention the time saved withi making the bends.

VanGoghComplex likes this.
  4. VanGoghComplex

The cutter, bending cord and other stuff is a pittance compared to fittings. I've done both and it's really tough to make the "economy" case for going the fittings route. It's just so much easier. Changing a tubing run take minutes instead of an hour, bending, scrapping and rebending... again though, I just never got that good at it. XD

Starrbuck likes this.
  5. gigasmack

gigasmack Gawd

This is my third watercooling iteration, but my first time doing hardline tubing. Overall, I'm very happy with how this turned out!

fLTeXfD.jpg

The bottom system is my Gaming PC. It's an ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G, with a Delidded 8700k @ 5Ghz. It has 32GB DDR4 (3600) and a Aorus GTX 1080 Ti. I also threw in a 500 GB Samsung 960 EVO (NVMe) for storage.

The top system is my PLEX server. It's ASUS ROG STRIX Z270-I, with a 6600k @ 4Ghz. It has 16GB DDR4, a 256GB Samsung 960 EVO (NVMe) and then two 8TB Seagate HDD for non OS storage.

Water Cooling Parts list, for those interested.
    Alphacool NexXxos 360mm Radiator (30mm)
    Alphacool NexXxos 240mm Radiator (30mm)
    EK Supremecy EVO x 2
    EK 1080 Ti Aorus Water Block (Rev 2.0)
    EK-XRES DDC 3.2 with a 250 Tube (204mm)
    Mayhems Pastel Blue

The case is a Phanteks Enthoo Mini XL Dual System.

6. JargonGR

JargonGR Limp Gawd

It's not finished but it's working 100%. I still have to do the following:

1) Install tubing - I went soft to make it faster and I will use the compression fittings in my kids PCs so no waste here. I am gathering the parts slowly for the swap.
    2) Lazer cut some acrylic parts I have designed. I.e. a plexi shroud I am using to block the to 5.25'" bays that I use for 2X Hot Swap HDDs with a 120mm fan at the top - thermally controlled for their cooling.
    3) I intend to get custom cables for the Corsair AX1500i but not from cable mods since I want 15AWG wires.
    4) I need to install some LED strips at the bottom of the case (power and holes already there)
    5) I need to change tubing of the external lines going to the radiator (ZMT tubing - have it).
    6) Working on an idea to conceal the cables coming out from the MO-RA 420 Pro external RAD I am using.
    7) Might add a second MO-RA 420 and integrate the two in a custom construction when I find the time.

8) I am also thinking of getting a CableMod vertical GPU mount kit.

This is in a Coolermaster Cosmos 2 case with the tempered glass side panel that came out with the Cormos 2 anniversary edition. I have made certain modification and have added an extra 120mm fan (Front Intak) at the 5.25" bays (below the hot swap disks that I moved up).

There are 17 fans total and 6X Sensors all hooked up on the motherboard (9X Corsair ML140Pros on the High Amp (3A) header) + the Fan Extension Card that came with it. They work great through Asus Q-Fan in the Bios but I might be tempted to get an Aquaero in the future for their software - not that I need though.

Attached Files:

Solhokuten and DWolvin like this.
  7. VoodooRufus

VoodooRufus n00b

Well, here's mine. EK Supreme block, EK mainboard block, eVGA 980Ti Hydrocopper. DDC pump and Thermochill PA120.4 radiator. Trusty old Sandy Bridge 2600K at 4.4GHz.

Attached Files:

Reality and guitarslingerchris like this.
  8. ontariotl

ontariotl Limp Gawd

Since I noticed one of my old Vue videos on the news headlines on HardOCP I thought I would update what's been going on with my system now. I have retired Vue as I went through 2 bottles already and while it didn't give me problems like many others (besides the limited usage) I decided not to go Vue again. Now that I have an external radiator (phobya 1080) it would cost too much to replace the fluid with Vue. Instead I will go with X1 Mayhems clear for now. Maybe Pastel in the future.

doublejack and arnemetis like this.
  9. TahoeDust

TahoeDust Limp Gawd

Very nice! What size/model radiators are those?

10. doug_7506

doug_7506 2[H]4U

[​IMG]
    cuLGkWR.jpg

Here is my refresh.

For college football, I had a few modifications done .

Had a LSU logo 3D printed to replace the EK anti-cyclone piece.

Also, purchased a PSU cover with the tiger eye laser cut.

I've caught hell with the lighting. So just rolling all purple right now. Once I figure out how to use it the plan is to go dim purple with the fans flashing in subtle gold.

11. DahlKen

DahlKen [H]Lite

Wow, some great looking builds in here. Thanks for the inspiration to break down and finally do something with my systems!!

12. TahoeDust

TahoeDust Limp Gawd

This is my work in progress and my first try at custom water. Waiting on 9900k and 2080ti FTW3/waterblock....

kt0bEiI.jpg

Reality, Solhokuten and DWolvin like this.
  13. arnemetis

arnemetis 2[H]4U

Looking pretty good, doing some test fitting to get comfortable making bends, or are you going to keep those segments?

I don't think I ever bothered posting my rig, I can never get a good shot of it, and I never really cleaned up my wires enough. It's still in my old CM Stacker that I painted & modified back in 08.
    0316180931.jpg 0124181439.jpg 1016182237.jpg
    1016182237a.jpg
    The reservoir is hidden in past the two pumps, I have to take the top cover off and fill through a hole I drilled, and front access through the 5 1/4" bays is the only other means of access. The system was originally for a q6600 on an evga 790i ftw mobo w/ chipset block & dual 260 core 216 gpus. This design has some major flaws, most significant in that you can't take out the pumps, top radiator, or the reservoir without fully dissembling the system. It did serve it's purpose of fitting in the restricted space, since the bottom bays were reserved for the 5x 1TB drives I had on that Raid controller between the gpus.
    CIMG7416.JPG CIMG7435.JPG

Edit: typos ftl

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    hititnquitit and DWolvin like this.
  14. AG1M

AG1M n00b

Little ITX machine, Big water cooling :sneaky:

Water temperature never higher than 6 K to room temperature, with a complete silent operation. The external radiator perfomance is surely overpowered, but I love the silence now.

002.png 001.png
    004.png 003.png

Mo-ra3-01-k.png Mo-ra3-03-k.png
    Mo-ra3-04-k.png

Solhokuten, Sickb0y, Reality and 7 others like this.
  15. hititnquitit

hititnquitit Limp Gawd

ah yes, one of the baddest of the bad! the stc-t01, at the time they were as good as it got! still have mine boxed up in the basement. i cant see myself ever getting rid of it. one of these days ill finally get my mono block so i can finish up my next iteration of overkill haha. great rigs everyone!

16. hazexban

hazexban [H]ard|Gawd

Finally put this together.

Fractal Design R6
    Asus Z370 Prime A
    Asus 1080
    Seasonic 750 gold prime
    Samsung 850 pro
    Samsung 850 evo
    Barrow fittings,
    Alphacool rad
    Aquatuning pump
    Ekwb monoblock
    20181105_233743.jpg

17. doublejack

doublejack Limp Gawd

Apologies in advance for the crap pics. My phone is a ZTE and I didn't think to take any rig pics until after I had put it back under my desk. Next time I clean it I'll take some better photos.

Anyway, here's my gamestation. Specs in sig. I've been water cooling for a very long time and none of these parts are new except the tubing. The block is an Apogee GT adapted to AM4, Swiftech micro res, 240mm rad mounted on the back of the case, and a trusty Eheim 1048 pump. All of this is an an old skool all acrylic case that used to hold an E6300 and then a 2500k.

Load temps are in the 44-45C range depending on ambient. The computer runs around the clock and is mining when I'm not playing a game.

IMG_20181112_225308.jpg IMG_20181112_225327.jpg

Solhokuten, Reality and hititnquitit like this.
  18. Nenu

Nenu [H]ardened

Nice kit, similar to mine.
    I also use an Eheim 1048 with an Apogee XT block on a 6700K. Soon to have an Ncore direct die block, woohoo.
    The 1048 has been running 24/7 for around 14 years, its amazing!
    I use a car heatercore for my radiator which takes 2x140mm fans.
    My res is a T-piece with a short bit of pipe to capture air, bunged up with a marble lol.
    All 1/2" ID pipe.

doublejack likes this.
  19. doublejack

doublejack Limp Gawd

I love my 1048, they really are amazing. So durable and quiet. They make great pumps for systems that are on all the time because they don't run off 12v, so are a little harder to wire up when you only want a pump to run when a PC is on.

I've also built less frequently used water cooled computers and I've had two 12v pumps die on me. One was a no-name Chinese pump I got off Amazon for $20. It just burned out / quit one day, it is totally DOA. The other was a more expensive pump marketed for use in PC cooling. That one developed an internal short and kept tripping breakers or the PSU internal protection circuit. They died and the 1048 just keeps going.

I also used a heater core with this kit at one point, and then I bought a used 120mm rad off a forum. I upgraded to the 240mm rad when I was cooling both my CPU and GPU and needed some more heat dissipation.

Nenu likes this.
  20. davidm71

davidm71 [H]ard|Gawd

Hi,

This is my work in progress. Going to be cooling a 9900K. Heard they run hot. Not sure about the loop design in that I have no drain port and that my pump doesn't stand up well vertically. Guess it will need some sort of a stand or something? If anyone could advise?

Thanks

z390wc.jpg

Solhokuten likes this.
  21. hititnquitit

hititnquitit Limp Gawd

hmm are you going to be able to fit a gpu in there? you should start a new thread in the watercooling section. youll likely get more responses.

22. gigasmack

gigasmack Gawd

I can't tell from this angle, but maybe they're going to mount the card vertically?

23. davidm71

davidm71 [H]ard|Gawd

Theres plenty of room to mount a gpu as the res is more forward in placement than it seems.

24. aduljr

aduljr n00b

Here is my first custom loop in my new system build. I got some more changes planned and I may redo a couple of the pipes I did.

EK quantum water block
    XSPC resavoir
    Primochill ddc pump in white
    Primchill fittings in white
    Primochill 480mm radiator in white
    View 71 case that was black and painted white.
    Seasonic snow silent prime
    Gskill trident rgb 16 GB 3200 14-14-14-34
    Ryzen 2700x
    1 TB evo 970
    750GB MX500
    500GB MX300
    240GB OCZ vertex 2
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Enermax rgb fans
    Asus Prime x470-pro

Can't seen to be able to post pics in this thread.

Here is a link to an album.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/rkcNvUKstHrW3had9

Smoked Brisket and hititnquitit like this.
  25. hititnquitit

hititnquitit Limp Gawd

well done. the case looks sweet! the rad almost vanishes into the case. it makes it look like the tubes going into it are just suspended there ;)

26. aduljr

aduljr n00b

Thanks, I manage to shoehorn in a 480 where the spec's say 420 max. So I got lucky with this goof and honestly happy with the result.

pendragon1 likes this.
  27. davidm71

davidm71 [H]ard|Gawd

Now that I'm all done I want to start over. Very much tight quarters in there. GPUs almost not fit!

Thermaltake Spedo Case
    Gigabyte Z390 Master MB w/ 9900K Cpu
    Heatkiller IV - AlphaCool Nexxus 240mmx60mm Rad - Coolgate 360HD Rad
    Primochil Bloodshed 7/16 tubing with Bitspower 7/16 fittings

Clocked her up to 5.0 Ghz @ 1.325v max temp under Prime95 SmallFFT @ 60 - 70 Deg per core

Photo%20Dec%2003%2C%206%2043%2037%20PM.jpg

28. VanGoghComplex

Looking good, buddy! Well done! =)

29. davidm71

davidm71 [H]ard|Gawd

Thank you

I only wish I had a little more room in there to fit a 2080. May need a full pci-e riser kit to make that work.

Thanks

30. iwhocorrupts

iwhocorrupts Limp Gawd

Lighting looks really blue in this picture but it's actually white.

tkxFfVS.jpg

31. cyberguyz

cyberguyz Gawd

My Enermax Liqtech 360 finally went downhill so it is high time I threw my custom loop in.

Most of my system specs are in my sig, but here is a list of the parts I used for this:
    Bysksi A-Ryzen ThV2-X (compatible with TR4 and AM4 mounts)
    Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360 - (that red thing up top)
    3x Enermax UCTBP12P-C (twister bearing pressure fans - very good fans repurposed from the outgoing Enermax AIO cooler)
    Barrow 190mm res/DDC pump top
    Laing v3.25 DDC pump (non-rebranded)
    Primochill clear 3/8 ID - 5/8 OD hose
    A handful of 3/8" / 10mm barbs + Clamps (not compression fittings)

MBP_0367_1.png
    Again it is not built to be pretty so very few concessions are made to hide wiring or add disco lights.
    At stock speeds this thing does not go past 54C with both Prime95 (small ffts) & CPUz stress functions running. Later on I may see how fast I can push it while staying at a comfortable heat/noise envelope

DWolvin likes this.
  32. VanGoghComplex

Custom rad bracket courtesy of ModMyMods, and it was time for a coolant change so I decided to join the 2% club!

IMG_20190105_191004705.jpg

33. DWolvin

DWolvin [H]ard|Gawd

Really nice, how do you like the 'case'? I have a 420 rad and am tired of my Define XL and thinking of moving to one. Also, what are the fans?

34. VanGoghComplex

I absolutely love my Core P5. IMO, it's the ultimate modder's case. It's sturdy, well-built, and the simple geometries it uses means that making custom parts for it (like that rad bracket!) is a pretty straighforward thing to do. I love that it displays your hardware and that you can very easily remove the window if you prefer. I don't like the glaring smudge-magnet, myself. Also, as you can imagine, it makes working on something like a custom loop into a breeze. You'd think having the fans out there would be noisy, but I find that since they aren't pulling through any meshes or grilles, they're much quieter than they were in a case. My D5 pump at 3000 rpm is the loudest part of the machine at idle, and the fans under load are audible, but just sound like... whoosh, not a zillion whispered whistles. It's also really nice being able to just grab a can of air and clean the thing right on your desk without needing to disassemble it. It also collects a lot less dust than move normal cases I've owned (somehow - still scratching my head on that one.)

I've been through a few cases in the few years that I've been back in the PC building scene, and this one is far and away my absolute favorite. I have no intent to move to a different case.

The fans are NB Eloops with Phanteks Halos on them. =)

DWolvin likes this.
  35. Sickb0y

Sickb0y [H]ard|Gawd

Here's my current water rig nothing special compared to the insane setup you guys are running. I might have to take it all down and switch tubing as the current one was left over uv tubing which looks a bit dirty. (pc specs in signature).

14b6vjq.jpg

33lcefd.jpg

Solhokuten, DWolvin and Nobu like this.
  36. Nobu

Nobu 2[H]4U

Shee, it's more polished than any of mine. Looks good!

37. cyberguyz

cyberguyz Gawd

You filed you loop with milk??!! OMFG!!

j.k. It looks great.

38. Thunderdolt

Thunderdolt [H]Lite

Still a work in progress, but here we go...

First of all, I'd like to make an excuse for the spaghetti tubing: it is set up so that any component section can be hot-swapped to create a functional loop no matter which single failure happens. It isn't quite as clean as it could be, but the extra tubing lengths are required to support that without kinking. Also, the reservoir levels will be evened out once this purge is complete.

Secondly, a little backstory:
    I'm a mechanical engineer who routinely has GPU-intensive workloads (renders and various simulations), with jobs sometimes running multiple weeks. I had built the smaller 2-GPU rig in my sig and it was (and is) wonderful. Some new business came in which would benefit from (and pay for) having two more GPUs. Turns out that that rig wasn't physically large enough to handle four watercooled GPUs and the associated bits, plus I needed a CPU with more PCI lanes. An upgrade was required, and scope creep came rushing in.

I needed space for, at a minimum, two 360x60mm rads plus fans plus pump. But wouldn't it be nice to have extra GPU cooling capacity, like twin 360x60mm rads? And then maybe a 240 for the CPU? Seems like it could be useful to set the GPUs up on two standalone loops, for redundancy. You know, if I added QDCs, I could hot swap those loops. Hmmm... looks like the 1000D is one of like three cases that can fit this. Oh wow - it can support twin 480s up front? And so on.....

Next came the GPUs I figured I should probably buy whatever is the latest gen GPUs for the two new ones. But then I thought, "wouldn't this be easier if all four GPUs were the same?"

And that's pretty much how I ended up at the final build spec. It's a wonderful workhorse. I haven't had a chance to do any overclocking just yet since I'm still waiting on the electrician to come run a dedicated 220V circuit for it. Even at stock settings, it manages to dim the lights on the existing 15A 110V circuit.

Without further ado, the build as best I can remember off the top of my head:
    • i9-9700X @ stock clock
    • Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI
    • 128GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
    • 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2
    • Corsair 1000D
    • Corsair AX1600i
    • 4x Nvidia 2080 Ti FE
    • 2x EVGA Powerlink (pumps block the use of 2 more)
    • 2x Corsair 8-wire GPU PSU leads since I actually ran out of the ones included with the PSU. WTF. Still have plenty of floppy drive connectors though!
    • Nvidia NVlink bridge (cut down by 3mm in order to fit w/waterblocks in place)
    • Wet stuff:
      • CPU Cooling:
        • Alphacool Eisbaer Solo
        • 360x60mm Alphacool NexXxos UT60
      • GPU Cooling:
        • Two loops, each composed of:
          • 2x Alphacool Eisblock GPX-N
          • 480x60mm Alphacool NexXxos UT60
          • Alphacool VPP655 PWM
          • Alphacool Eisdeck w/Eisbecher 250mm reservoir
          • To serve as an SLI bridge for each pair of GPUs, I bent a short section of hard tubing to connect blocks
      • Connectors and fittings:
        • 6x Alphacool 45deg rotary connectors
        • 10x Alphacool 90deg rotary connectors
        • 8x Alphacool Eiszapfen HF quick disconnect
        • 4x Alphacool HF 20mm Male-Female Extenders
        • 16x Alphacool HF Compression Fitting
        • 4x Alphacool Eiszapfen HT Compression Fitting
      • Alphacool Eiswasser Crystal Red UV-active, 2L
      • Alphacool Schlauch Alpha Tube HF 13/10, clear
    • Dry stuff:
      • 22x Corsair ML120 Pro RGB
      • 2x Corsair ML140 Pro (modification required to fit into case)
    • Controls:
      • 2x Corsair Commander Pro (one of them comes with the case)
      • 5x Corsair Node Pro RGB Controllers (strictly speaking, only 4 are required, but dividing the GPU fans into sets of 4 makes config and troubleshooting MUCH easier)
    • Roughly 22,000x zipties used for cable management

Remaining to-do list:
    • Install Aura so that I can turn off the mobo RGB except during error states
    • The pump tray inside the 1000D isn't actually big enough to fit both GPU pumps as-is. It's too narrow by roughly the thickness of the button head screws between the two pumps. I need to buy dowel pins so that I can stick the two Eisdecks together without screws between them. This should bring the two reservoirs parallel to each other.
    • I designed a pair of SLI bridges and had them machined for me. I really should get around to installing those soon.
    • Adjust GPU loop tube lengths to allow for cleaner routing
    • Replace the Corsair controls with something that isn't toy-grade where possible
    • I might try running the GPUs as a single two-pump loop with two-rads (GPUs->Pump 1->Rad 1->Pump 2->Rad 2)
    • If I feel crazy after clocking the GPUs, I might add a second 360x60mm rad up top and then replumb things so that those run in series with the main GPU rads.
    • Make custom cables to clean up the rats nest in the back.
    • Get the second srew for the pump tray to screw in. One of Corsair's many cockups with this case is that there isn't enough vertical clearance on the pump tray for two sets of pump screws.
    • Leave an angry comment on every YouTube video which claims to have put twin 140s into the exhaust position. I KNOW YOU'RE LYING AND I HAVE PROOF.
    And the images. First up, this is what it normally looks like while on. I have all fan lights set to off at normal operating temps.
    Image from iOS (8).jpg

In an alarm condition, the relevant loop lights will turn on red. This is with a simulated alarm condition in all three loops:
    Image from iOS (9).jpg

This is that same simulated alarm condition but with the glass side panel installed:
    Image from iOS (10).jpg

39. FearTheCow

FearTheCow [H]ardness Supreme

Going to tweak and add some things, but this it finally.
    20190116_164120.jpg

Solhokuten and DWolvin like this.
  40. Ragenrok

Ragenrok 2[H]4U

IMG_20190127_130412.jpg
    IMG_20190127_130353.jpg
    IMG_20190127_130600.jpg

Nothing like your guys rigs but finally repaired my pump of my old loop and getting back into PC gaming.

Switech mcr320, d-tek fuzion V1 (modded bracket to work with newer cpus) and a phobya dc12-400 pump. Cooling my 4670k @ 4600hmz getting 30c idle, 69c full load in stress testing and 62c in games