New and Improved Watercooling Sticky - Post Your Systems Here

@jdk, what tubing is that? or is it some sort of sleeve?

I was just quoting "wingless92", that's his case..

So @wingless92, what kind of tubing are you using? I must admit the matte black looks slick ;)

I was just quoting "wingless92", that's his case..

So @wingless92, what kind of tubing are you using? I must admit the matte black looks slick ;)

This is the tubing that I used.

Not to run on everyone's parade in here but I hate seeing the tubing for WC setups. That was the one item on my list that I wanted to get right. There is just something about Less = More. When I read other threads and see all of the slick PC's with so little in the case it just looks [H] to me, lol.

I wanted something that was really understated and wouldn't take away from the time and effort that I put into my build.

That tubing probably isn't the best that I could have used, but, it was right for the look I was going for.

Thanks again for all of the comments guys/gals. It's always nice to see that other people enjoy the same kind of PC building that I do.

Keep waiting... I doubt you'll ever see waterblocks for MSI custom designs, just like you never see waterblocks for MSI motherboards.

I'm not waiting. There is a WAR to win. :cool:

Had an Apogee XT version 1 sitting around. I was going to sell it but decided to modify it for the MSI GTX560ti 448 TFIII/PE.

Ported original Apogee XT top part of block for higher flow rate. Similar to what Swiftech did with the version 2 model.

PortedApogeeGTXBattle.jpg

MSI GTX560ti 448 TFIII/PE modified to WAR edition.

GTX560ti448BattleGTX.jpg

BattleGTXTubing.jpg

BattleGTX448inPosition.jpg

has to be the best ghetto mod on a card i've seen.....beats teh H50 on nvidia cards by a mile.

Nice job Sonda5.

My next project is modifying my case to accept a 360 radiator on the bottom. With initial measurements and some eyeball measurements, I can fit a Black Ice GTX 360 radiator (already have) with push/pull fans. Now for my 2150 RPM Gentle Typhoons to come on...

Nice job Sonda5.
Now for my 2150 RPM Gentle Typhoons to come on...

Thanks. That ported Apogee XT is working fantastic. :cool:

I'm thinking about selling off all my fans and ordering 8 120mmx25mm 4200 RPM gentle typhoon fans. Only thing is I will have to upgrade my 4 channel fan controller to handle the amperage of each channel. I will probably do this. Had I known about these fans from day 1 I would have ordered them to save money on over all costs. Just waiting for a good reason to upgrade or a super hot deal on the fans that I want. I am definitely going to upgrade my fan controller soon. My current Scythe 4x1 amp per channel controller may be running a little close to its limits. Thinking about getting a 30 watt per channel to pump up the power of each channel to give my current fans plenty of room to breath during high system voltage over clocking.

Last edited:
One thing to remember Sonda, is that even with a fan controller running AP-30's at 5v, they are louder than AP-15's at full speed. They also push less cfm/rpm because of the stabilizing ring.

Thanks. That ported Apogee XT is working fantastic. :cool:

I'm thinking about selling off all my fans and ordering 8 120mmx25mm 4200 RPM gentle typhoon fans. Only thing is I will have to upgrade my 4 channel fan controller to handle the amperage of each channel. I will probably do this. Had I known about these fans from day 1 I would have ordered them to save money on over all costs. Just waiting for a good reason to upgrade of a super hot deal on the fans that I want. I am definitely going to upgrade my fan controller soon. My current Scythe 4x1 amp per channel controller may be running a little close to its limits. Thinking about getting a 30 watt per channel to pump up the power of each channel to give my current fans plenty of room to breath during high system voltage over clocking.

I'm looking for a better fan controller as well. Believe it or not, my fan controller actually makes more noise than my fans when turned down. Annoying clicking noises. Unfortunately, the front door of my Cosmos severely limits my choices.

I'm looking at getting this, but it hasn't hit the market yet. My only other choices would be the Lamptron touch and Scythe Kaze Master II (I don't trust NZXT anymore, or those other LCD controllers).

One thing to remember Sonda, is that even with a fan controller running AP-30's at 5v, they are louder than AP-15's at full speed. They also push less cfm/rpm because of the stabilizing ring.

Over all CFM at max RPMs is greater though. My stealth BI radiators are designed to work best with high RPM/CFM fans.

I like quiet but when I need maximum cool I want to have it available.

Over all CFM at max RPMs is greater though. My stealth BI radiators are designed to work best with high RPM/CFM fans.

I like quiet but when I need maximum cool I want to have it available.

Yes, you get more cooling at max rpms... But the point I was making is that the AP-30's at lowest speed are _not_ quiet.

G'day guys. Some pretty awesome builds and ideas out there.
People obviously been putting lots of time and money into their computers.

So i though I'd share my current project.

P1017329.jpg

P1017323.jpg

P1017511.jpg

P1017546.jpg

P1017527.jpg

photo.jpg

Case: HAF-X942 (with custom side panel window).
CPU: i7-2600k 3.4Ghz OC to 4.8Ghz.
GPU: Nvidia Gigabyte GTX580 x 2.
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3.
RAM: 16Gb of Kingston HyperX 1600.
3 Hard drives:
-60Gb SATA3 SSD for Operation System.
-120GB SATA3 SSD for games and programs.
-1Tb for storage.
PSU: Corsair AX1200W.
Cooling (water):
- EK GTX-580 Waterblock.
- EK-CoolStream RAD XTX 240.
- EK-FAN Silent 120-1600 RPM. (x2)
- EK-DCP 4.0 Pump.
- EK-150mL Reservoir
- EK 90 & 45 degree angles.
- Keyboard and mouse - Corsair K60 & M60.

feel free to leave comments and/or suggestions.

Last edited:
Yay I can finally post in here! This is my very first WCed rig, and I haven't built a rig in 4+ years. First up, rig specs;

i5 2500K
Gigabyte GAZ68XP-UD3
16GB G.Skill Ripjaws
Powercolor HD7970
750GB WD Blue HDD
Thermaltake Toughpower 850w

Cooling:
Swifty Apogee HD
Swifty MCR420-QP
Swifty MCP655
EK 7970 FC
FrozenQ Liquid Fusion V Blue/Blood Red res
Primochill 1/2in ID tubing
Distilled water + silver killcoil

Waiting on a CPU power extension cable then it will disappear, and I need to get a radgrill. Also the gap at the top back will be covered with a plate.

201b3f7a.jpg

244bf647.jpg

ae3243df.jpg

315c093e.jpg

85d6b354.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if it's ok to post an unfinished build but here's mine for now till the ivy bridge comes out and my side window gets back with black rock shooter lazier etched on the side.
1327391153404.jpg

Just put 3 Triebwerk V2 TK 123 High Speed in pull on my HWLab GT Stealth 360 Radiator.

TriebwerkFans120x120x552800RPM.jpg

These come with everything you could use except for in my case right size m4 screws that wouldn't bottom out on my radiator so I had to swap what M4 screws around to make it work for now. I have another Kaize 38m 3000RPM for the top radiator for push pull. Didn't have the screws to put it in. Will have it in soon.

Cooler Master HAF-922
Swiftech MCP 360 Extreme Radiator
Raystorm AMD CPU Block
EK GTX580 GPU Block
Swiftech Micro-Res
EK 4.0 Pump
1/2ID-3/4OD Tube
EK Premixed anti-corrosion Coolant
Ghetto-Mod GPU Support :)

IMG_9859.jpg

^^^ Nice setup. 2 quick questions

1) Was there a reason you moved the pump?
2) Do you have any issues with air in your loop with your reservoir at the bottom of your case and the rad up top?

^^^ Nice setup. 2 quick questions

1) Was there a reason you moved the pump?
2) Do you have any issues with air in your loop with your reservoir at the bottom of your case and the rad up top?

Thanks for the compliment :)

1. I went from a HAF-922 Mid Tower case to an NZXT Switch 810 Full tower and didnt have any spare tube. The tube was not long enough to reach the bottom of the case so I velcroed the pump to the PSU. I bought new hose yesterday and may rearrange the loop.

2. No air is in my system. It actually bleeds really fast. You cant really see it, but the res is not actually at the bottom of the case, it is mounted to the rear side wall of the case and is even with the pump. I should have taken a better pic of that. I will update the images later when I get home (and redo the loop) of where the res is mounted.

Thanks for the compliment :)

1. I went from a HAF-922 Mid Tower case to an NZXT Switch 810 Full tower and didnt have any spare tube. The tube was not long enough to reach the bottom of the case so I velcroed the pump to the PSU. I bought new hose yesterday and may rearrange the loop.

2. No air is in my system. It actually bleeds really fast. You cant really see it, but the res is not actually at the bottom of the case, it is mounted to the rear side wall of the case and is even with the pump. I should have taken a better pic of that. I will update the images later when I get home (and redo the loop) of where the res is mounted.

Thanks for the 411.. it's a really clean looking setup. Can you give some idea of your temps and fan speeds?

Here are the updated pics that I promised

Temps:

AMD Phenom X4 965BE 3.4ghz overclocked to 4.2ghz @ 1.5v
Idle: 33*c
Cores @ 100% load: 48-50*c

GTX580 1.5gb Vanilla 772mhz overclocked to 950mhz @ 1.1v
Idle: 30-33*c
Load: 57*c

Here is what has changed since the last pictures..

- High quality 1/8"wall thickness 1/2ID Tubing... this stuff is amazing and doesnt kink! I also got it local at a hose supply dealer for $0.65 per foot!! Ive used this tube in another build back in 2006 and recently drained it for my brother in law, and the tube is STILL clear! Thats what happens when you get Food Grade tube!

-Better hose clamps... no more tacky zip-ties

-ASUS Crosshair V Formula Motherboard

-16gb Patriot Viper Extreme Memory @ 1866mhz

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp4.jpg

comp7.jpg

comp3.jpg

comp5.jpg

comp8.jpg

comp9.jpg

comp10.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good JLangevin. Very clean.

Though I got to ask you one question, why'd you go with the TR2 RX? Probably one of the crappiest PSUs next to those unknown Chinese brands.

Looks good JLangevin. Very clean.

Though I got to ask you one question, why'd you go with the TR2 RX? Probably one of the crappiest PSUs next to those unknown Chinese brands.

Hahahahahaha, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to call me out on my PSU.. When I built the original system back in August I was on a very tight budget and didn't know any better when I bought it... I have to say though, it's been nothing but a good experience with it so far, however I do notice a little droop with it, but I've pushed my CPU all the way to 4.3ghz with an over clocked 580, 7 case fans, LED lighting and 4.0 pump, plus drive and DVD with no issues at all. But I truely am aware of the short falls of this PSU. I'm leaving for NY for 2 weeks on Monday and when I return plan on replacing the unit with something more robust that can handle another 580 and a Bulldozer 8 core overclocked.

what size tubes are those? also is that gfx card tilting without that black pole for suupport?

what size tubes are those? also is that gfx card tilting without that black pole for suupport?

Tubes are 1/2"ID x 3/4"OD

Yes, the GTX580 sags a TON without the "support." The solid copper full cover block is probably twice the weight of the fan and heatsink at the very least, and with the tight bend on the tube coming from the CPU block pushing in the GPU, it makes it want to sag more.

i would suggest getting the back plate for those ek blocks, i had that problem with both my 580s with the plates they are nice and straight

My new rig:

It's a rather tight fit, but it worked out.

parts:
PC-z60
AX850
dirt 3 6950 (unlocked)
i7 940 (oc pending)
12GB 1600 8-8-8-24
koolance inx-720 w/AP-15s
hybrid HDD
3ware 9500S-4LP

I want to post some pics of my rig but I am having trouble figuring out how to upload the pics.:confused:

This is my 6th water rig and 1 of two I have now, the other is my Daughter's.
Red%2BDragon%2B2012%2B%2528130%2529_tn.jpg

Red%2BDragon%2B2012%2B%2528105%2529_tn.jpg

Red%2BDragon%2B2012%2B%2528106%2529_tn.jpg

Red%2BDragon%2B2012%2B%2528114%2529_tn.jpg

Capture_03032012_124914.BMP

Capture_03032012_125211.BMP

Red%2BDragon%2B2012%2B%2528119%2529_tn.jpg

Red%2BDragon%2B2012%2B%2528121%2529_tn.jpg

Red%2BDragon%2B2012%2B%2528117%2529_tn.jpg

The 2 pics with TEMPS are captures of the desktop windows of the 2 programs. 1 hour of Prime95 and Furmark 1.91 running at the same time.

Back