New AMD Chipset Drivers 3/19/2020

dburgo

n00b
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570
Tried them out no problems so far. It didnt fix slow write speeds on NVME 4.0 Sabrent rocket M2 tho.

Supports:

Windows® 7/10 for
2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors
AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
AMD X470 Chipset
AMD X370 Chipset
AMD B450 Chipset
AMD B350 Chipset
AMD A320 Chipset
Windows® 10 only for
3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processors
3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor with Radeon™ Graphics
AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processor with Radeon™ Graphics
AMD X399 Chipset
AMD X570 Chipset
AMD TRX40 Chipset

Package Includes:

AMD Chipset Drivers
AMD Ryzen™ Power Plans (required for UEFI CPPC2 in Windows® 10 May 2019 Update)

I performed the update this morning. Still early to tell but my Ryzen master software works now. The system feels smooth as well.

I updated mine also. I don't really notice a big change, but no worries. It didn't break my system ;).

So my temps are definitely lower. From the top of my head my old temps were around 35c idle and 64c max. Now im at 30c idle and 60c max. Thats about an hour of playing Overwatch. Im happy.

Edit: Im using Corsair H100i 240AIO Platinum RGB with the Performance tab set for Extreme for Radiator and Fans. I crank my shit up when I game and all goes back to Quiet mode when im not.

Last edited:
I noticed with the AMD Ryzen Balanced PP that my multi-core R20 was a little higher than before with that same plan enabled. I notice the single thread was a hair better as well and closer to the 1usmus power plan. Single thread was still better on 1usmus so I went back to that plan. But the new either drivers or power plans did have some improvement over the last set for those who do not go through the trouble of getting the 1usmus plan and changing the BIOS settings they suggest, although I did set my BIOS stuff all back to auto on the settings they suggest you enable.

Any real benefits to run this with a 2700? My system runs well as is and not feeling any need unless some real benefits exist..

Doesn't hurt

Dropped my temps, 36C idle with a 120 Arctic AIO in a Fractal Define Nano S case. Stays about 5-8C cooler in games too, depending on the game of course.
Nice, for my case anyway.

Did roughly the same for the threadripper, not much change with the 2700. I need to find my water block for the AM4 and get away from the Wraith fan. Tooo loud!

Reactions: Auer
like this
So at 35C with the AMD power plan idle/surfing/youtube/discord type of low use. No spikes.
120mm AIO (Arctic) on the CPU at 1500rpm, twin Arctic 140mm up front at 600rpm (PWM)
Fractal Define Nano S.

Ambient 73F

Pretty allrite.

Back