New Abit Conroe board! Meet the AB9 QuadGT

yes, it's digital PWM.
This board has been known about for a while but we're all waiting for it to actually appear now so that we can see what it really has rather than conjecture.

Yeah much improved layout it seems from previous abit 965p... got my AB9 QuadGT sample early this week :)

early Jan. afaik i.e. a week or so.

eva2000, don't suppose that you can say any more about the QuadGT?

nice looking mb. if it overclocks like the asus and gigabyte 965p's i might just get it instead of the asus p5n-e-sli . if it's price isn't out of line. :eek: :cool:

ah checked yesterday and page wasn't up yet but guess it is now... clear cmos switch is good to have for us oc'ers :D

looks like the asus P5-E PLUS, with the solid state capacitors. nice board.

I was reading the post from TechReport's front page, and I really can't believe people are still complaining about IDE and FLOPPY connnectors/location in 2007. These are going the way of ISA.....so we may as well give it up.

i mean...SATA DVD-R/W drives are only already ~30 $

looks like the asus P5-E PLUS, with the solid state capacitors. nice board.

I was reading the post from TechReport's front page, and I really can't believe people are still complaining about IDE and FLOPPY connnectors/location in 2007. These are going the way of ISA.....so we may as well give it up.

i mean...SATA DVD-R/W drives are only already ~30 $

yeah but they just started becoming available at that price and are still hard to find sometimes so it is still premature to be eliminating pata connectors altogether. those pata to sata converters are bulky and can cause issues in cases for fit as well.

and why should i give up a perfectly good dvd-rw burner, dvd slot loading drive & some good solid PATA hard drives? of course my two newest hard drives are sata but i still need my other 2. the consumer should be smart and make sure to get the new interfaces when they get new drives, but should not be punished with poor legacy support within reason.

i like that the asus nvidia 650i boards threw in 2 pata channels.

Yeah much improved layout it seems from previous abit 965p... got my AB9 QuadGT sample early this week :)

I wish they'd do something else besides their Silent OTES II, it just doesn't work that well in my experience. Gets too hot.

yeah but they just started becoming available at that price and are still hard to find sometimes so it is still premature to be eliminating pata connectors altogether. those pata to sata converters are bulky and can cause issues in cases for fit as well.

and why should i give up a perfectly good dvd-rw burner, dvd slot loading drive & some good solid PATA hard drives? of course my two newest hard drives are sata but i still need my other 2. the consumer should be smart and make sure to get the new interfaces when they get new drives, but should not be punished with poor legacy support within reason.

i like that the asus nvidia 650i boards threw in 2 pata channels.

Although I agree that PATA shouldn't be completely forgotten, I would also like to point out that it takes up precious real estate, and losing it would help bring the cost of boards down.

Although I agree that PATA shouldn't be completely forgotten, I would also like to point out that it takes up precious real estate, and losing it would help bring the cost of boards down.

It should be forgotten on motherboards frankly. Now that SATA optical drives are becoming more common, I think it's time. If you need PATA for some reason, get a controller card. The boards can boot from external cards if need be.

I wish they'd do something else besides their Silent OTES II, it just doesn't work that well in my experience. Gets too hot.
Nothing a little fanage won't help with :)

my fav is a zalman fan bracket with 120mm fan blowing over video cards as well as NB/SB area :)

Nice. Too bad I can't buy one lol, building a new comp really really soon. Is NEC coming out with some anytime soon at these prices?

NEC should be 2Q07 as well with SATA DVD/RW

AFAIK, The Samsung drives are not a PATA/SATA bridge, but in fact native....I could be wrong.

So far its only Plextor, Lite-On, Samsung and Sony...I think that's enough to get everyone else moving. :) Shit...LG will be coming out with hybrid Blu-Ray/HD....so ....

Back