new a new router, mine's acting up, going N

theDeviL

Limp Gawd
which one would you guys recommend I get? i need a good N router and i've been out of the loop for quite some time.

thanks!

I also have a DIR-655, it's stable now but I was having problems after flashing to the 1.32na firmware and had to re-flash to fix it. A lot of people are complaining on the D-Link forums about the latest firmware being crap so if you go that route I wouldn't be in a big hurry to flash it. Mine is running great now and I have no complaints. I bought it for the Shareport feature that I use as print server for my laser printer.

What he said. The drag is once you flash to a 1.3x firmware you can't go back to a 1.2x firmware.

Belkins suck

if you buy a belkin you deserve the shitty performance you get with it.

I also have a Dlink 655 and love it, it runs 24/7 with no problems and you can torrent and game at the same time with no noticeable increase in ping.

Dlink 655 all the way.

Yep, never bothered upgrading the firmware on my DIR-655 past 1.2x something because it was just working. Except for the occasional power outage where I shut the UPS it was on down it's been up 24/7 through anything I've been able to throw at it for two years.

Edited to add: New netgear got nice reviews but apparently still has the old netgear problems streaming media.

DIR-825 is the way to go! 2.4Ghz is overused in my area. 5Ghz makes things work nicely.

all you really need to know is dlink 655

everything else is irrelevant

Back