New 780ti arrived!

SilverSliver

[H]F Junkie
This thing is a beast...EVGA 780ti SuperClocked ACX - Anyone have some tips on overclocking further? I assume you just move core clock up until you start getting instability, then move onto memory like any other OC but the core/boost is new to me. 57C maximum temp during benchmark is unbelievable.

Stock Clocks

qRsmTWA.png

Never overclocked a modern Nvidia GPU. 106 power target, +119 core clock +450 memory clock to start with.

UlMeEq0.png

Last edited:
even 57 sounds insanely low. reviews of this card showing going just over 70. and really just over 70 is already impressive for the level of gpu here.

Very nice results there! For comparison my GTX 690 @ 1110mhz earns a graphics score of 13560, just barely higher than your 780TI when overclocked.

even 57 sounds insanely low. reviews of this card showing going just over 70. and really just over 70 is already impressive for the level of gpu here.

With a custom fan profile the cooler keeps it nowhere near 7950 noise and ~61C during games it looks like. Boost clock is 1241.

Last edited:
Thanks. Wasn't cheap but this was a good year plus my 7950 sold for what I wanted. I am a little disappointed that my Qnix lost ~15mhz of previously stable OC down from 120hz to 105 or so - especially now that I can push those frames out. Have not had a green team card since Ti4200 days.

Found the top end with stock voltages. Maximum of 65C with my typical fan profile in Unigine/BF4. I can eek out a few more 3D marks but the clocks are unstable in Unigine. This is highest stable clocks across the board.

OEUHeo4.jpg

Here's my SLI setup at 1300/1.212v on water (using Skyn3t BIOS, which disables boost and sets fixed clocks, default base clock on that BIOS is 1045).

900x900px-LL-8fa5c14a_16.2kFireStrike.jpeg

I'm not seeing much if any improvement raising the VRAM clocks in gaming or benchmarks, but it does add stability issues, so I'm pretty much sticking with stock timings there.

Finally got around to using Skyn3t bios. 1.212v on the core, which is the most that can be done at this point. Until new tools come out to push voltage further, this is the best it can do.

vdso9Mz.jpg

Nice!

Might want to just run the VRAM at default and see if you can get a clean 1350 on the core.

Higher VRAM clocks don't seem to have any appreciable impact in games or benches, looks like 7GHz is more than enough to feed the card. But, higher memory clocks tend to reduce the stable core overclock.

My "worst" card wouldn't do over 1275 stable with any sort of memory OC, drop the mem down to default and I got an easy 1300 on the core, didn't bother to try higher yet.

Nice!

Might want to just run the VRAM at default and see if you can get a clean 1350 on the core.

Higher VRAM clocks don't seem to have any appreciable impact in games or benches, looks like 7GHz is more than enough to feed the card. But, higher memory clocks tend to reduce the stable core overclock.

My "worst" card wouldn't do over 1275 stable with any sort of memory OC, drop the mem down to default and I got an easy 1300 on the core, didn't bother to try higher yet.

Even with no memory OC, still can't get quite that high. +400mem OC nets me ~500 3dmark points at the same core speeds.

Interesting.

I don't see more than a handful of points either way, all within the margin of error. Could be SLI, could be my lack of hyperthreading, could just be that I'm a Libra. :)

Almost a month with a card, happy so far. Mining LTC at 725khash too, which I did not expect. Newegg told me to pound sand on my holiday bundle games, after which I contacted EVGA and they told me it was Newegg's problem, which it is, but meh.

Last edited:
Back