New 5900X - good temps?

mario64

Weaksauce
Hi all,

Finally upgraded my old i7 3770 system to a new Ryzen 5900x system consisting of:

ROG Strix X570-E
Gskill Neo Z 2x16GB at 3600
Fuma 2 cooler

CPU is running stock speeds. After 2 hours of AIDA64 stability test, HWiNFO shows:

CPU (Tctl/Tdie) average of 76.3C. Min 46.6C and max 79.3C
CPU die average of 73.4C. Min 39.1C and max 75.9C
CPU CCD1 (Tdie) average of 71.5C. Min 40.0C and max 86.0C
CPU CCD2 (Tdie) average of 67.2C. Min 39.0C and max 78.0C

Are these good temps? That CCD1 max really concerns me.

Thank you,
mario64

Last edited:
Absolutely not. You should not be using that CPU. Instead you should send it to me for long term testing (about ten years or so) and I will make sure it's fine (since I can't get my hands on a 5900x.)

Since I don't have a new CPU yet I can't tell you whether it's good or bad but the temps look fine to me. If it's not thermally throttling there should be no issue.

might be a bit low.GN's review vid show it averaging ~4.3-4 without any tweaking. pbo turned on in bios? bios, windows and chipset drivers up to date?

might be a bit low.GN's review vid show it averaging ~4.3-4 without any tweaking. pbo turned on in bios? bios, windows and chipset drivers up to date?
Everything is up to date. To be honest I’m not familiar with PBO. I’m new to AMD. Is that an overclock? I was just gonna run at stock speeds.

Everything is up to date. To be honest I’m not familiar with PBO. I’m new to AMD. Is that an overclock? I was just gonna run at stock speeds.
it the default "stock" tuning thing for ryzen. usually thats all you need to turn on for the best "stock" performance. people used to lower the cpu voltage a tad, to bring down temps as mobos auto-voltage is usually a little aggressive but some say you dont need to with 5000 series. it still would, like .05v less, my 2600x is -.075v...

Those are good temps and boost clocks. Ignore GN because its the best case scenario. Their room temps are much lower and likely on open air. Plus they have a review sample showing the best case scenario. Enjoy your CPU.

Those are good temps and boost clocks. Ignore GN because its the best case scenario. Their room temps are much lower and likely on open air. Plus they have a review sample showing the best case scenario. Enjoy your CPU.
gn's stock results and his are basically the same.

Looks about what mine are running at.. but I'm using an AIO with a thermal pad (not paste).

Back