New 320W TR4 Cooler from Thermalright

Discussion in 'AMD Processors' started by Geno750, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Geno750

Geno750 Gawd

2. MrC4

MrC4 [H]ard|Gawd

Nightfire likes this.
  3. schmide

schmide [H]Lite

905g = 2lb

They should sell a strap/bungee with it.

4. Nobu

Nobu [H]ard|Gawd

Well, it'd depend on how close to the Earth's center you are. But yeah, 'round about 2lbs.

5. pentiumiiislota

pentiumiiislota [H]Lite

I can't wait to see this tested, i love there products.

6. Nightfire

Nightfire Gawd

905g = .062 slug. There, you happy?

7. Nobu

Nobu [H]ard|Gawd

I prefer moles, personally. :p

8. schmide

schmide [H]Lite

A mole is a quantity, not a weight. It is 1g in 1g.

Nightfire likes this.
  9. Nobu

Nobu [H]ard|Gawd

Right, so is mass in grams, so it's easily converted as long as you know the ratio.
    Edit: iow, if you know the type of alloy used in the heatsink, you can determine the number of moles by simply plugging in the numbers. Whereas with a pound it will depend on where you are on the Earth, for a mole it only matters how many molecules compose one gram of a substance.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  10. Nightfire

Nightfire Gawd

So how are you going to measure moles - by counting them?

With force (lbs and newtons) you can use a scale. For grams and slugs, it is a little tougher. Seperate the materials and then a water displacement?

Measuring the force is the most important aspect for how the equipment will hold it, so really lbs is a better use than grams... unless you prefer to use newtons.

11. Nobu

Nobu [H]ard|Gawd

That's how scales work in the first place. You place an object on one side, then you place object(s) of known mass on the other side until they equal out, giving you a known mass (regardless of where you are), gravity pulling down on both sides of the scale cancels itself out (scales measure mass, not as well as weight). If you know the chemical composition of the metal, then you can easily determine the number of moles because you already know the object's mass. There will be some error due to impurities of course, but same could be said about almost any measurement.

Anyway, I was just trying to be humorous, not trying to start an argument. Obviously, lbs are better for measuring weight than moles...rather, you can't measure weight using moles. lol

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    sirmonkey1985 likes this.
  12. Nightfire

Nightfire Gawd

Yeah its a go-nowhere thr3ad so it is all good. When I said scale, I meant like a bathroom scale that has a spring, which is measuring force directly.

13. cyberguyz

cyberguyz Limp Gawd

That is a really nice air cooling solution. Thermalright always made excellent air-based coolers. TR needs more air-based solutions.
    That 160mm fan is just EmoticonSurprised.gif you will need a pretty thick case to enclose it.

Not sure if it will be useful with the 32-core 2950X though.