New 2600X - I have returned to AMD land

Never had a leak and I have had a number of them and for years too

Second this. Whilst I will ALWAYS go air where applicable personally, for noise concerns (I've yet to have an AIO with a pump I couldn't hear over my small/low RPM fans. Comp is on desk next to me); I've only ever seen 2 AIOs leak (in a workshop that output 20 systems a day over 2 years while I was working there). Both were Deepcool, and both older models. I don't believe it's an issue with their newer line.

But I do always say go air. It's just one less point of failure, and cost/performance is often worse for AIOs vs a solid air cooler in most cases.

Last edited:
I bought the RTX 2070 instead of the 2080. I play at 1080/60 (40" LED). If someone ever makes a 40"+ 120hz+ gsync monitor i'll be first in line. I want a large screen with low DPI.

I know even the 2070 is overkill. I could have saved $100 on a new GTX 1080 but YOLO- I was already way under budget. 2080 probably wouldn't have offered a better experience. 1080/2070 lets me run every game at max quality and max MSAA/SSAA, something I couldn't do with my 970. it'll be nice if real-time ray tracing will be playable @ 1080p and also not a gimmick. I was already planning to buy BFV, Shadow of the Tomb Raider (my wife plays in the living room via Shield TV), and the new Metro, so when nvidia demoed them with RTRT it was a no brainer.

It is a solid build. Your ram is fine to for the price, but you can definately squeeze more performance out of it.

Don't just focus on primary timings, either. The lower you can get trfc, the better. It makes a difference in gaming. Run the e-die or whatever you have at 1.45v. It will be fine

It is a solid build. Your ram is fine to for the price, but you can definately squeeze more performance out of it.

Don't just focus on primary timings, either. The lower you can get trfc, the better. It makes a difference in gaming. Run the e-die or whatever you have at 1.45v. It will be fine
Thanks.

That's my point. if he's using a high refresh(which should be the standard in my opinion) 1080p then the last thing he needs is a ryzen proc. i'm liking the ryzen but not for 1080p. and a 2080 ? only if it's for a really high refresh ie 240hz. but he say' he's getting a 2070 now.

Huh??

If we refer to 240hz.. are you inferring that zen can't peg 240? Yeah ok true not much can even Intel unless were talking CS Go with textures from 1998.

I have an Acer 240hz and my 2950x and 1080ti can drive games into the 170s even 200s depending on the title.

Your advice is a great opinion but isn't really advice.

Back