NEW 2080 Ti FE issue - ASUS PG278Q - Beware!

I own a first gen Gsync monitor (the very first 4k60 gsync from Acer). I would be interested to see if it has problems as well.

Really sorry to hear about this, LostMF1, as this is something most would not have seen coming. I feel the phrase hindsight is 20/20 just doesn't work here. It's supposed to just work.

Funnily enough, my friend has the EXACT same monitor and is planning on a new build later this summer. It's a great monitor and it has aged really well.
thanks, on the bright side, it lasted 4 years without any issue and would still be going if not for Nvidia's "test escape" rushed product launch in a desperate attempt to revive their stock price after the crypto crash. i'm glad that back fired but it sucks I bought into it lol live and learn I guess.

I should be getting a 2080 Ti tomorrow so I can report if I run into issues. Don’t have BF V though.

Ok, got my Palit 2080 Ti Gaming Pro. So far no problems using the 417.75 hotfix drivers. No flickering, no anomalies.

Played some Batman Arkham Knight, Rise of the Tomb Raider and the raytraced version of Quake 2 so RTX was in play here. Now this is only maybe 2 hours of total play time so who knows if something happens further along the line.

Ok, got my Palit 2080 Ti Gaming Pro. So far no problems using the 417.75 hotfix drivers. No flickering, no anomalies.

Played some Batman Arkham Knight, Rise of the Tomb Raider and the raytraced version of Quake 2 so RTX was in play here. Now this is only maybe 2 hours of total play time so who knows if something happens further along the line.
I have a feeling it was that first batch of "test escapes" which was for FE serial # batch 323 and earlier I think. mine was a 323 and running out of factory spec. even NV was thrown off when I told them the gpu was running over 1.9Ghz out of the box. I also forgot to mention that the monitor issue was followed up by Direct X errors and games crashing intermittently. I'm putting some $$ back for a Samsung or LG display and moving on lol.

Back