New (2) Laptops w Vista 32, upgrading to 64

XBarbarian

[H]ard|Gawd
Kinda dumb questions, but worth asking anyway:

Just ordered 2 new Asus laptops from Newegg ( 1 for wife, 1 for daughter )( used the link from here, support this site etc..even though I am a previous customer :D )

They come with Vista 32, but I believe I'll up them to 64.

I will need to buy Vista Ultimate Upgrade dvd's, right? ( not like I can buy a new license over the web and use a disc I already have? )

They come with 4gb ram, and a 9600M gs vid card, and it seems 64 would use it all more efficiently

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220340

Yes, you will have to buy some form of Vista 64 as unfortunately Microsoft will not supply 64 discs for computer manufacturer OEM copies.

Before you go to the trouble and expense, are you sure there are 64 bit drivers for all of the hardware in this thing? Laptops vary greatly, but I know I will never be able to go 64 bit on mine due to lack of drivers.

Yes, you will have to buy some form of Vista 64 as unfortunately Microsoft will not supply 64 discs for computer manufacturer OEM copies.

You're slightly mistaken. My HP laptop came with Vista 64 OEM discs.. Also 32 bit.. Granted, it is Vista Business, but it works for me..

Back