Neverwinter PS4 release date 7/19

I played the launch version of this game from beginning to end (back when the "end" was completing all of the quests, raid bosses, and getting epic gear) entirely for free. It was a really good time, too.
I'm not an MMO fan and was able to do absolutely fine going solo, which is nice. One of these days I might fire it back up and try out all of the stuff they've added since.

I'm looking at playing this too. ESO is taking a toll on me with all the shit lag and load screens. It wasn't always this way. So I'm wondering what's the catch with the free to play model this game has?

Am I going to be playing and then all of a sudden a dungeon is locked unless I purchase it? Or even a zone? Or any content?
Or is it cosmetic stuff only?

And is there a subscription fee to acquire better in game stuff?

I'm looking at playing this too. ESO is taking a toll on me with all the shit lag and load screens. It wasn't always this way. So I'm wondering what's the catch with the free to play model this game has?

Am I going to be playing and then all of a sudden a dungeon is locked unless I purchase it? Or even a zone? Or any content?
Or is it cosmetic stuff only?

And is there a subscription fee to acquire better in game stuff?

So, at higher levels getting good gear gets challenging. Professions to build or refine gear can be leveled through purchasing profession packs.

I burnt out on this game around level 65. Xp becomes harder to amass and things ground to a halt for me. I wasnt playing enough and my guild kicked me.

Guilds are pretty important and help in many ways. I would say soloing up to 60 was as fun or mireso than wow.
The solo story was pretty cool.

If i could xfer my PC progress to ps4 i would be all over it. But i do not think that is possible.

I would just say try it. I think with the right guild it is a great game. But end game in any mmo is the same grind.

So, at higher levels getting good gear gets challenging. Professions to build or refine gear can be leveled through purchasing profession packs.

I burnt out on this game around level 65. Xp becomes harder to amass and things ground to a halt for me. I wasnt playing enough and my guild kicked me.

Guilds are pretty important and help in many ways. I would say soloing up to 60 was as fun or mireso than wow.
The solo story was pretty cool.

If i could xfer my PC progress to ps4 i would be all over it. But i do not think that is possible.

I would just say try it. I think with the right guild it is a great game. But end game in any mmo is the same grind.
But everything is obtainable through just grinding it out yes? (Gear, zones, crafting, etc)
If so, I'll definitely check it out . If they do let you transfer to PS4, hit me up!

They may have changed it, but I got a full set of epic Rogue gear just via the in-game auction. A few items dropped in-game, but the rest I was able to amass just by selling the stuff I didn't want and bidding on what I did.

I paid the 20 bucks and got the early access. Been playing all week and almost level 50.

So far I'm digging it.

I finally put down ESO and been putting what available time I have to play in to this game.

Everything I felt ESO lacked, this game has. In depth gear and character customizations, guild activities, auction house, the classic roll to loot system in groups/dungeons. The item enchantments are a lot of fun too and being able to remove them as you please is a huge plus to me. Oh yes, and dragons, lots of dragons!

As an MMO, the zones are indeed pretty linear. I don't really feel a sense of adventure as I did with other PVE focused mmos like ESO or WoW. It's more about grinding out quests more than anything else.
But it's different in a good way, for the most part.

For the PVE content and the interestingly fun combat that come with it, I'll stick with it till level cap to make a decision if I'm going to keep going forward.

Also, I turned the in game music off. It was just too corny for my taste. The environment sounds are some of the best I've heard. Very eerie, dark and lonely vibes from all the different zones. It reminds me of playing DArk Souls in a way. People screaming like they're being tortured, strange howling sounds in the distance to huge gusts of wind in the background to many other unique sounds.

Any one else playing?

Last edited:
I will load this up tonight if I think of it just to see how it looks and controls on PS4.
Played the PC version to level 65 and it was a lot of fun. Then stopped. ...

Not looking forward to rehashing the game as another toon, but the solo play was good enough for a quick look anyway.

Really surprised more people are not excited by this game. For a F2P it is really good. I thought better than Rift or GW2.

The price is right for the PC version and it's a pretty huge game if you do everything. It's about 30% bigger than when I played it and I probably put in 60-80 hours. Dragon Age 2 is a close approximation in terms of gameplay style and size...yet it's better in every way except the overall storyline.

Just a heads up, got this in my email. A free mount in this game is pretty cool, in the PC version mounts are a bitch to obtain.

EYE OF THE ‐ ELECTRIC ‐ TIGER
0aoFyKOJzKryI26xEN9Fjsm6Te17TiFqRej3GYEvc8DKDZthSPad-j1KPnj8IYYqTPu7veW7bXsx5kuFA7RynUydIEz4zdOGL2vcYlpOqWhllZ3w9bpR4OO2XWOPUwRlmSab7oJhYw5CxYM0gqMG1rk=s0-d-e1-ft

0aoFyKOJzKryI26xEN9Fjsm6Te17TiFqRej3GYEvc8DKDZthSPad-j1KPnj8IYYqTPu7veW7bXsx5kuFA7RynUydIEz4zdOGL2vcYlpOqWhllZ3w9bpR4OO2XWOPUwRlmSab7oJhYw5CxYM0gqMG1rk=s0-d-e1-ft
For a limited time, all adventurers can also obtain a FREE Electric Tiger mountjust by completing the tutorial and heading to the Rewards Claim Agent in the main hub of Protector’s Enclave. This PlayStation®4 exclusive feline increases your mounted movement speed by 50%, allowing you to move swiftly across the Sword Coast.

So, I downloaded this last week-end and started it up yesterday. Rolled a Wood Elf Huntard - Toon's name is "Yar". Played MMO's for years (decades at this point, damn I'm old) and it's typical MMO fare for me. Don't have enough time logged yet to criticize anything, but the kick-off was fun. Had to turn off trade chat - it's already overrun with spammers of the truly obnoxious variety.

Are there server-wide private channels folks use to communicate trades that are protected from that?

So, I downloaded this last week-end and started it up yesterday. Rolled a Wood Elf Huntard - Toon's name is "Yar". Played MMO's for years (decades at this point, damn I'm old) and it's typical MMO fare for me. Don't have enough time logged yet to criticize anything, but the kick-off was fun. Had to turn off trade chat - it's already overrun with spammers of the truly obnoxious variety.

Are there server-wide private channels folks use to communicate trades that are protected from that?
Just use the auction house. It's all you need.

Yeah turning trade off was a good idea. lol

Back