Never did a Liquid Cooled build but the time is now!

FerraraZ

Gawd
I'm dead set on this, after numerous air-cooled systems, I finally want to delve into building my first liquid cooled system I love this forum as a resource so are there any you guys can suggest?

Also, is it even worth building a liquid cooled PC? So many of my friends tell me its a waste and that those temp's could be achieved by air cooling however I'm equally concerned about noise levels of the PC. Since I sleep in the same room as my computer, sometimes that damn thing can keep me up at night.

Anyway I was parting out a computer at newegg (1 Vid card, maybe 2/3 1TB Hard Drives, DVD drive etc.) and saw this case that I really liked.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160

Are you talking about a custom watercooling system, which provides significant performance gain, or an all-in-one cooler like the H70, which provides a much smaller improvement over high-end air?

Edit: You should probably re-post this question in the liquid cooling sub-forum, I'm sure you'd get better answers over there.

Is it cost effective? No, watercooling from a purely price/performance standpoint is simply not worth it.

Aesthetics, as a hobby, and for noise reduction? Subjective to each person. Many people (like me) watercool purely for the fun of it.

Some temps cannot be achieved simply by air cooling, and if you put enough money into a watercooling setup, it will be silent.

The HAF 932 is an excellent case for a beginner into watercooling.

Back