Neuralink human trials denied by FDA in 2022, report says

erek

[H]F Junkie
"FDA reportedly listed dozens of "deficiencies," including serious safety concerns."

"Another reportedly serious concern from the FDA was that the implant's tiny wires—which are thinner than individual human hairs—could migrate into the brain, potentially causing inflammation, rupturing blood vessels, and impairing brain function. The FDA was also concerned about the device overheating and questioned whether it could be removed from people's brains without causing damage.

While Neuralink may be able to address and overcome all of the FDA's concerns, the company will need to do more animal testing—which current and former employees say Neuralink has handled irresponsibly in the past. Specifically, some have alleged that the company abused research animals, including euthanizing more animals than necessary and performing "hack job" surgeries to meet Musk's rushed deadlines. The Department of Agriculture has opened an investigation into Neuralink over possible animal welfare violations. Similarly, the Department of Transportation is investigating whether Neuralink violated federal transportation regulations when it allegedly shipped brain implants removed from research monkeys infected with a number of dangerous pathogens.

Neuralink did not immediately respond to requests for comment from Ars. Reuters also reported that Neuralink did not respond to requests for comment."

Source: https://arstechnica.com/science/202...man-trials-denied-by-fda-in-2022-report-says/

Cyberpunk future with my enhancing implants is still a ways off it seems

Lets face it... all the FDA is concerned about is that these implants will begin to do exactly what they are designed to do.... assimilate you into their collective....

Resistance is futile, why do you resist ? We only want to raise the quality of life for all species :)

Sorry, but like Worf said: I like my SPECIES the way it is !

awwwww... but what about Elon Musk's "in about 2 years" plan that he seems to say about most everything he's done.

awwwww... but what about Elon Musk's "in about 2 years" plan that he seems to say about most everything he's done.
Well, given the way the FDA operates, "in about 2 years" usually gets remodulated into "in about 10-20 years" :)

As for the muskychild, foock him, he could die in 2 years, or 2 days or 2 minutes from now, & I STILL wouldn't give a crap about anything he says or does :D

I guess someone noticed his progress on self driving cars and said "Elon, these look disturbingly like CR2032 button batteries that you've hot-glued to some LED's.........are you sure this is ready for human trials?"................

Well, given the way the FDA operates, "in about 2 years" usually gets remodulated into "in about 10-20 years" :)

As for the muskychild, foock him, he could die in 2 years, or 2 days or 2 minutes from now, & I STILL wouldn't give a crap about anything he says or does :D
Yeah, because getting rid of all of the child sex abuse on Twitter and creating a quick way to report it totally doesn't count for anything. :meh:

I want my System Shock 2 Psi implants even if I have to use a hypo all the time to get mana back.
This. :borg:

I guess someone noticed his progress on self driving cars and said "Elon, these look disturbingly like CR2032 button batteries that you've hot-glued to some LED's.........are you sure this is ready for human trials?"................
Is the hype and cult starting to collapse? SpaceX seems to be succeeding (a concession and I’m not even a supporter of this cult leader)

Is the hype and cult starting to collapse? SpaceX seems to be succeeding (a concession and I’m not even a supporter of this cult leader)
The cult, no, but the hype... well he's had a number of things he's said throughout the years which has caused some deflation of that, but I've never bought into his hype even from day 1.

I guess SpaceX is doing good, not sure as I don't really follow it, but not sure if they're good because they are or because they're snatching up all those government contracts. Tesla recently opened up their super chargers to non-Tesla vehicles but the bare minimum into to get some of the 7.5 billion in grants from the feds for expanding electrification. Screw California and it's stupid rules I'm moving ot Texas... ok California is back in favor again and we're setting up a HQ there (wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was due to tax breaks). Hyperloop... ooh what's that California is already set on spending the money on an actual train, Musk gives "his idea" freely to anyone who wants to develop it! Full Self Driving, should be here in 2 years... said every 2 years. Tesla truck... well 2 years on that too.

I'm not trying to completely shit on the guy, because as a businessman he has pushed the forefront of electric cars and has really created an infrastructure before states wanted to adopt onto it, but the guy really does sound full of himself most the time. "AI will ruin the world... here let me be a cofounder in an AI development company ... oh they won't do what I said, AI will once again ruin the world!"

If only that actually happened. He's all talk and no substance.
It did happen, and it happened within the first 48 hours of him being owner of Twitter.
It's not like all of this isn't public knowledge.

For all talk and no substance he sure did skyrocket back to being the richest individual person in the world over the last weekend. :rolleyes:

It did happen, and it happened within the first 48 hours of him being owner of Twitter.
It's not like all of this isn't public knowledge.

For all talk and no substance he sure did skyrocket back to being the richest individual person in the world over the last weekend. :rolleyes:
It actually didn't though. All of the "content" removed after he took over was in line with what was happening prior to him taking over.
The "huge amount" removed people were all talking about (the articles about the 44000 accounts or whatever it was) was a) in line with prior quarters/months and b) before he took over.
And lots of reported stuff in that category gets kicked back as not violating TOS.
Plenty of examples were even posted on Twitter about just that.

It actually didn't though. All of the "content" removed after he took over was in line with what was happening prior to him taking over.
The "huge amount" removed people were all talking about (the articles about the 44000 accounts or whatever it was) was a) in line with prior quarters/months and b) before he took over.
And lots of reported stuff in that category gets kicked back as not violating TOS.
Plenty of examples were even posted on Twitter about just that.
That's why everyone "about to do all of this" was fired... ok.

I guess, but I'm not of the generation that worships this guy like he's Tech Jesus............I had Billy Gates and Stevie Jobs to occupy that role so many years ago.....

I guess, but I'm not of the generation that worships this guy like he's Tech Jesus............I had Billy Gates and Stevie Jobs to occupy that role so many years ago.....
the worship is so lame

Back