Netzon: Netcase, a console style aluminum case

Netzon

n00b
Hi everyone,
I wanted to share my ideas for a console style SFF aluminum case.

Background
My company designs and makes datacenter solutions for cold data storage, with a sheet metal workshop inhouse. After discovering the SFF community on Reddit, I pitched the idea to some friends (who are all gamers and LAN party enthusiasts), who had never heard of SFF before and were intrigued. I decided I wanted to make a small batch of cases for my friends to test the waters.

Preliminary Specs:
  • Dimensions (H x W x D): 351x70x310, 7.6l
  • CPU cooler clearance: 47mm
  • GPU: Up to 305mm in length
  • PSU: SFX
  • Drives: 2x 2.5"
  • Material: 1.58mm aluminum
VltaPQ3.png

Extra vents added to the GPU and CPU side to improve airflow. Vents are also increased in density now.

RArxveV.png

I've looked around a bit regarding the front IO, and it seems like I was a bit optimistic when it came to USB+Heaphone+Mic.

8dT5ZDH.png

The GPU sidepanel has some vent holes added to it as well. I'm not entirely certain on the placement of the company logo yet, so that may change.

Changes 5/31/2017:
  • Further reduce the size. 8.1l is still pretty big, and ideally, we can get it in the 7.0-7.5l range. Reduced from 8.1l to 7.6l.
  • Add additional vent holes to the side and front of the GPU bracket to allow for better airflow. Additional vent holes added and density increased.

Upcoming:
  • Design a stand for the case.
  • We will manufacture our own shielded riser and test it against some commercially available ones.
  • Manufacture a prototype.

Last edited:
Reactions: Derf
like this
Changes from 5/31/2017:
  • Size reduced to 8.1l to 7.6l by reducing the depth by 20mm.
  • Additional vent holes have been added to the GPU and CPU panels.

Am I missing something obvious? I can't see the radiator for that Corsair Waterblock...

That's just a placeholder for the drawing! The finished case will support aircoolers up to 47mm, though I am considering cutting out the third drivebay to allow for a 92mm/120mm AIO. Using an AIO would limit you to a shorter GPU though.

Back