Networking nightmares

Rivera

Limp Gawd
Not sure if it needed here, but, well...
We have seen many awesome networks in "networks pics thread", but i feel like there is lack of weird, terrible and other "how not to do" networks.

Last edited:
And i'll start with my favourite:
4C195l.jpg

n4KoIl.jpg

Yeah, this is working equipment. Door was just not closed properly.

Nope. I'd light the whole thing on fire. referring to the bees that is.

One more...IDF "water" closet. I'm hoping this is a ladies room (don't think too hard - you'll figure out why).

SpaceManagement.jpg

And i'll start with my favourite:
4C195l.jpg

n4KoIl.jpg

Yeah, this is working equipment. Door was just not closed properly.

typical coax demarc. Even with the door shut no one ever seals the holes in the top with sealant, causing the same thing. Heck, look at the crappy coax runs in the backround of the first picture. Pathetic.....

At work we have this super-bee killer crap that you can spray from 20-30 ft away, it would take care of that in 30 seconds.

One more...IDF "water" closet. I'm hoping this is a ladies room (don't think too hard - you'll figure out why).

SpaceManagement.jpg

my fav part of this pic is the overpressure/temp valve that's right above the hole in the floor, hahahahahaha.

Are you in Michigan??? Because I swear that is Chain ol lake internet equipment.

Nah. I can't claim that either picture is original. They are pics I've seen over the year that I copied and saved - just because - so I have no idea where they were taken (though i seem to recall that the "access point" is from a WISP in northern Europe). I actually have dozens more...

Found this when looking into doing a wireless point to point link with another building.
Antenna > AP > Ethernet > Fiber > Ethernet > Switch
That is one way to protect against surges, lol.
wellgrounded.jpg

This is network related since I found it in the same outing :)
stairstonowhere.jpg

my fav part of this pic is the overpressure/temp valve that's right above the hole in the floor, hahahahahaha.

:D That is hilarious.

I've seen a server setup in a bathroom before but at least it was on a little shelf above the toilet, not beside it. I hope people there have good aim. :p

And lol @ the stairs to nowhere. Need to add a sign there that says "ghost access only" since they can go through walls and ceilings. :p

I work mainly with architects & engineers. I've seen some pretty good pictures of contractors literally following the shop drawings. Like cutting holes in concrete floors, complete with the cloud shape that a comment was in, and the stairs that lead to a head injury.

I work mainly with architects & engineers. I've seen some pretty good pictures of contractors literally following the shop drawings. Like cutting holes in concrete floors, complete with the cloud shape that a comment was in, and the stairs that lead to a head injury.

LOL that's hilarious. That reminds me of the time my dad got hockey sweaters made for an old timer league he was helping to run. So he did the design on a piece of white paper for the logo that goes on the chest. The company made the logo with the white outline of the paper LOL. So instead of the patch being whatever shape was drawn with the rest of the sweater as the background, it was a white rectangle with the logo in it. My dad just /facepalmed. Was too late, so had to go with it. What was he suppose to do, cut it out and then hand it to them? lol

Here's a pic of that cloud cut hole.

thumb.php

Have to love people that cant read revised plans. :eek:

Here's a pic of that cloud cut hole.

Have to love people that cant read revised plans. :eek:

You also have to remember some people are not allowed to, they are given instructions to "FOLLOW" the instructions LOL some actually follow them exactly...

This one always makes me laugh, someone must not have followed the grading plan quite right. I had an email showing 4 or 5 different angles of this one, showing it wasn't just a perspective glitch, but couldn't find it. From GIS
home-inspection-driveway.jpg

This one always makes me laugh, someone must not have followed the grading plan quite right. I had an email showing 4 or 5 different angles of this one, showing it wasn't just a perspective glitch, but couldn't find it. From GIS
home-inspection-driveway.jpg

Haha wow, that house's basement is practically at the same level as ground. Can almost guarantee it will never have water issues. :p They'll have lot of car trouble though, specificity the bumper regions. :D

And judging by the lack of leaves on the trees, I'm pretty sure during the winter months that driveway will be....challenging.

Seriously, would they not have realized... oh I don't know, when they are doing the basement and foundation that geez, this is kinda stupidly high. Oh well, lets get her built and get the driveway in. They'll never know the difference. Like WTF??

There's something wrong when you need a step ladder to get to your front door. lol

I am thinking people who own jeeps or other large SUV's May have a good time with those drive ways.

Actually you dont want a big suv for that. You'll high center it, you want a short wheelbase jeep.

you'd have to do some ricer-style sideways driving to get up that lol

Even if you managed to get the car onto the driveway, you'll high center it getting into the garage.

You know they should have taken a different approach, make the driveway flat but on a piston system that raises up to the garage level. May as well also make it so it can rotate the car. Never need to back in or out of the driveway. :D Could also have a dump mode so you never have to shovel.

You could think the road could be considered a network of sorts and the driveways are trunks from the houses to the streets to the main roads. Could think of it as a very bad trunk link that will not work and will need to be fixed for traffic to be passed.

Seriously, would they not have realized... oh I don't know, when they are doing the basement and foundation that geez, this is kinda stupidly high. Oh well, lets get her built and get the driveway in. They'll never know the difference. Like WTF??

This was due to the reason that the driveway could only originate from the sidewalk easement.... and the homes were built before the sidewalk. Apparently there was no design plans for a sidewalk easement but was added in as the homes were being built.

The city did in fact move the sidewalk and they redid the driveways because even trucks were getting stuck.

There was also no max grade slope in the city code requirements.

Before:
steepdriveway01.jpg

steepdriveway02.jpg

steepdriveway03.jpg

steepdriveway04.jpg

Here is the after (streetview) showing that the sidewalks had been moved by the city and the slope is a lot more manageable.

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF...yIy-oMJ28Q67hnNAWNYCVg&cbp=12,322.82,,0,17.19

Back