network tester

rma

Limp Gawd
Looking for an network tester, what i basic need is the Fluke/Netscout linksprinter 300, this could be in one or more units.

the features that i would like to use:
VLAN (see them no need for .q)
Port flash
cable test and fault locating.

Could this be done cheaper than the linksprinter 300?

Do you need to test fiber and copper?

I think the LinkSprinter would be your best option... for under $400 you get a pretty solid toolkit.

Do you need to test fiber and copper?

I think the LinkSprinter would be your best option... for under $400 you get a pretty solid toolkit.

I only need normal copper testing, the unit will be used primarily for home use, sadly i think you are right, about linksprinter would be the best choice.
in the 400USD i need to add around 127USD due to taxes and handling to get it to denmark :(

i was thinking about the linksprinter 100, but the fact that i need to connect it to the internet to get the results just ruined that idea.

I only need normal copper testing, the unit will be used primarily for home use, sadly i think you are right, about linksprinter would be the best choice.
in the 400USD i need to add around 127USD due to taxes and handling to get it to denmark :(

i was thinking about the linksprinter 100, but the fact that i need to connect it to the internet to get the results just ruined that idea.

If you can wait i can bring it to Denmark in April 2018 :D

Ouch, 25% is pretty damn steep...

Ouch, 25% is pretty damn steep...
Well that is just vat. you had to add in import taxes as well i would assume.

But then again other things you don't have to pay for yourself at all... but i'ma try not to turn this into a political debate :D
My point it that just one side of the coin. and I would move back in a heartbeat if it wasn't for my wife can only speak english ( well and whatever little school spanish you get here in the states).

What we used to do to get around euro customs on kit like this was have a friend buy whatever it is, take it apart... like it was broken. So remove covers or cables or whatever and then have a friend ship it stating "being sent for repair". Sounds silly but it worked , take the motherboard out of the router and pack it separately with a big note describing no power on or something. They always let it go, especially Italy where they seem hardcore about that kind of thing.

Well that is just vat. you had to add in import taxes as well i would assume.

But then again other things you don't have to pay for yourself at all... but i'ma try not to turn this into a political debate :D
My point it that just one side of the coin. and I would move back in a heartbeat if it wasn't for my wife can only speak english ( well and whatever little school spanish you get here in the states).

Thanks for the offer, but i think the best solution would be shipping the item to our US office and let one of the people there take it abroad next time they travel to Denmark :)

Who designs a network tester that requires a working network in order to report the results of the network test?

Who designs a network tester that requires a working network in order to report the results of the network test?

I think the whole idea about the 100 is to trick people into buying minimum the 200 model, it simple does not make sense to make an tester that requires internet access, 9 out of 10 times the problem is the network connection :(

Last edited:
Back