Network software audit. Need help.

Solhokuten

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for a program that can audit software installed on networked workstations. The tool needs to give granular information on the software installed, like if a newer version is available, and EOL. Does such a tool exist?

We already have the Dell Kace K1000 appliance, but it doesn't give very much info on the discovered software, just shows the name, version and how many workstations have it installed.

Spiceworks is your best option unless you want to pay a lot of money for a really good RMM (and the deployment headache).

Spiceworks is your best option unless you want to pay a lot of money for a really good RMM (and the deployment headache).

Did you have a RMM in mind? Preferably agent-less. We already have the Dell Kace agent on 1400+ machines, not sure how an additional agent will effect the network.

FYI I have been messing around with the lansweeper trial, and so far its software discovery ability is no better than the K1000.

Thanks for the suggestion guys. Ill look further into Spiceworks monday.

Last edited:
Secunia PSI works with a lot of software, might want to look at that.

I believe Microsoft has a software suite called SAM or Microsoft Software Asset Management that works with all software.

Spcieworks, ManageEngine, LanDesk (Newer Version), probably a million more i missed.

Back