Become a Patron!

network program install

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by 0ctinium, Apr 5, 2004.

1. 0ctinium

0ctinium [H]Lite

hi :)

recently i started to maintain my schools network with the help of the system administrator (im a student) and have run across a problem. i have about 15 laptops that all require 4 separate programs installed on each. as you can imagine this is quite a pain in the neck. basically what i want to do is install the programs across all of the computers in one shot. there is a server but i dont have access to it (literally i dont have the password to login) is there any solution or 3rd party program out there?

thanks again

*edit all the computers are on win2k

2. RiDDLeRThC

RiDDLeRThC 2[H]4U

I am also a student administrator and i was faced with the same problem at the beginning of last year, I solved my problem by installing everything i needed on one pc and then just ghosted that system using Ghost Corp Edition, with having a ghost image i installed ghost on each of the 25 computers now when ever i need to add something to the computers i just remake an image and re-ghost them in about 20 mins. you can PM me or message me on AIM and i can go into more depth on everything if you would like.

Chase

3. ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all Limp Gawd

Make an MSI deployment package with the Veritas utility that is included on Win2k server CD.

It's basic but works 90% of the time.

With the help of the network admin, maybe you can use a GPO to deploy the software.

4. TrueBuckeye

TrueBuckeye Most valuable "member"

Make an msi file and then do start up scrips to run the install.

Or, if you can get access to a domain controller, set up a group policy.

Or, if you have an SMS server, then problem solved, but I'd bet you don't have one.

5. 0ctinium

0ctinium [H]Lite

thanks alot, i really appreciate all the help

i will try all of these methods tomorrow at work