network gurus, need help pfsense openvpn server behind router route issue

RESTfulADI

2[H]4U
I'm trying to set up a pfSense vm as my OpenVPN server. I'm using a Mikrotik RB750G as my edge device and forwarding UDP 1194 to pfSense (10.1.1.253/24). I also have a Layer 3 switch that does all the vlan routing, and includes a default route for 0.0.0.0 to the Mikrotik inside interface (10.1.1.254/24). I set up pfSense with one only one interface and made it's default GW the L3 switch (10.1.1.1), that way it can go to any other vlan (ie. 10.1.2.0/24) or to the internet (via 10.1.1.254) without having to set up multiple gateways.

I set up the server, exported/imported config, changed the public IP in viscosity, and connected. It sees the server, asks for my password, authentication works, and it gives my tun interface an IP in the VPN network (10.0.8.6/24).

But when I try to ping or connect to anything, all I get is no route to host... I used pfSense as my edge router for months and OpenVPN worked perfectly, what am I missing?

Never mind, I'm missing a static route into the VPN subnet via the pfsesnse LAN interface. Doh.

Back