Network Freezing

Nexillus

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all!

I have done quite a bit of googling and home troubleshooting, I cannot figure this one out. I have a single computer that once it goes onto the network and start to pull an internet connection it knocks out the whole internal network to the router, modem and all other devices connected. Their is no outward connection, no internal connection.

Current equipment is:
4x Computers
RT-N66U Router
Standard Verizon Modem

All the network is fine until one computer goes online, that is my computer that has the ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard which is hard wired into the network. It will then crash the whole network once it starts calling outward connections, if it sits idle it is just fine.

I would try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for the NIC. If that doesn't work I would try another network card.

It is the one on the motherboard and the board is just over a year old :( not what I wanted to hear...

had this XP b4, bad nic that will never get fixed. Spent many hours on it b4 and the only option was to replace. Sorry man. I do hope that you solve it and post here your result. I would b interested in knowing a possible solution.

Step 1 - try a different port
Step 2 - try a different cable
Step 3 - Try updating the router firmware
Step 4 - Update mobo nic driver
==EDIT== Missed a step, try a Linux LiveCD
Step 5 - try a different router
Step 6 - Buy an Intel NIC.

BONUS OPTIONS -
Step 7 - Connect mobo with problem directly to the modem and crash your whole ISP
Step 8 - Find an internet backbone and crash the whole web.

Well on vacation, just had someone take the computer down for now :( will trouble shoot more but I looked at the router log and wow... All I can say, seen stuff in there I have never seen. So computer is offline until I can get back in person to troubleshoot!

Back