Network connection issue?

walwalka

2[H]4U
I have a netbook with windows 7 starter on it, I recently disabled the SSID broadcast and DHCP on my router. I'm assigning static IP addresses to all my devices, I have 8 other devices that connect just fine.

The problem starts with this netbook, it gives me an unidentified network when I try to connect it to the router through a wireless connection. I have deleted and reset the wireless connection, uninstalled the adapter, updated the driver etc. I have disable IPv6 and set my static IP address. It will not connect to my network at all, I'm about done messing with it. I figured I would post something up to see I anyone has any ideas on how to get this to connect properly. Also, a wired connection works just fine. Any thoughts?

Edit: It will connect to other networks just fine, I connected it to my Mifi and my neighbors unsecure connection.

Did you change the "Connect even if not broadcasting SSID" setting? It should be in the wireless settings somewhere. If it connects after that, you need to wait for the firewall settings to come up. If you don't select what kind of network it is windows won't connect.

It is checked, I thought that may have been the issue. I went to the setting and it was already enabled.

what wireless security protocol are you using? have you connected the netbook to another network successfully that uses the same exact protocol?

I'm using WPA2 with AES encryption, I had the netbook connected to the network before I shut the DHCP server off and went with static IP addresses. I'm gonna let all the updates install and see if that fixes anything.

I also hid the SSID before using the netbook, I may broadcast the SSID again to see if it will connect, I really haven't had time to mess with it since I posted earlier.

Back