Network Conection in Linux

PhreakPhy

Limp Gawd
I recently installed Mandrake 9.2 on my computer. When I atempt to set up a network conection it sais that I have no network adapter installed. It is onboard my Epox 8RDA+. It has worked with Redhat in the past, and is working right now in windows. How might I go about geting this darn thing to work?

Some aditional information...
I go through all the steps in the hardware configuration, it detects my ethernet, and in the next screen tells me there was no network adapter deected? im m so confused.

the nvidia nforce net controller is a bitch. and i've heard of 8rda+ specefic complications. i don't use the official nvidia drivers, i've never had great luck with them. instead, i use the reverse engineered driver which can be found in the latest 2.6 kernels (at least the mm patch set anyway). it's called forcedeth if you want to look into it.

I am having the exact same problem with that mobo :(

How in the world did you get it to work with redhat though? Mine wont even do that.... I'm using the 2.4.20-30.9.athlon kernel and the appropriate nvidia driver.

If you could give a list of instructions on getting it to work with redhat, it would be appreciated.

umm, with redhat it just worked. No effort needed on my part. NICs are cheap, i think i might just buy one that isnt on board if i cant get this to work.

[edit]

Now that I think about it. I did have internet acess back then (woth redhat) but i wasnt using the ethernet, i used a PCI modem. I have no idea if the ethernet worked. Sorry for the confustion.

Back