Network cable price check

dar124

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello, I'm looking for a little [H] assistance in searching for some decent (& cheaply priced) cat5 cables and a cat5 coupler. This past weekend my wife decided that we needed to rearrange our 2nd bedroom/office. Previously my desk, printer, drop for the server in the basement, coaxial on the wall & modem/router were all along the same wall. This made it easy to make all my connections. But apparently the room "looks better" with the bed along this wall. So now the desk, printer, network drop, coaxial & modem/router all on different walls.

So, long story short I'm gonna need to connect aprox 18ft of line to the network drop and run it to the router and then another aprox 18ft from the router to the desk for my PC. I did a bit of searching over the past couple of days and found these couplers and this white 20ft network cable. Just wanted to run the prices by you guys here to see if there is anywhere to get it cheaper.

Is there any difference (besides price) between these 3 couplers??

tigerdirect coupler1

tigerdirect coupler2

newegg coupler

Does anyone know of a better price for a comparable cable??

20 ft White Cat5e UTP Patch Cable

I've also looked at Lowes & Home Depot and found similar items @ similar prices at HD. So if there isnt anywhere online to get better prices I might be better off getting them @ HD (I'd save shipping costs and would have them later today).

Thanks in advance.

Monoprice. Thank me later.

Nah, I'll thank you now /usr/home. That's some great info!!! :D

Damn, that's not bad at all. All the searches I did the past couple of days, I must have looked at every site except Monoprice.

Not too bad to get everything for around $10 or so. Thanks to [H]!!!

i usually use monoprice, but as of recent i have been using sewelldirect and they have been cheaper and free fedex shipping. quality the same if not better.

So I went with monoprice yesterday. I ended up ordering 2 x 25ft cables (I figured that it would be better to have a little extra, instead of not quite enough) and the coupler. Those plus shipping and I was right at $15. Thanks for the assistance!!!

monoprice is where I order all my cables unless I need it in a crunch ill just go to frys.

Back