Netscreen 5 XT VIP/Forwarding questions

Easius

Limp Gawd
Could Netscreen have made their configuration any more confusing?

Trying to forward all incoming connections on port 2083 from ***.***.***.*** to telnet (23) at 192.0.2.49

From untrust to the trust network.

I have no experience with netscreen stuff, cisco or nothing, except now I need to set up this netscreen!

I assume it involves creating a service for telnet, applying it to a VIP, and then allowing the policy from untrust to trust, however I just can't seem to get it to work quite right.

Anyone have much experience with netscreen? Would love the help.

first off, edit your public IP address. Your lack of knowledge to IP Security "I have no experience with netscreen stuff, cisco or nothing, except now I need to set up this netscreen" is begging for people to check you out.

Also, what version of Netscreen do you have?

Oh I'm not completely clueless, I did take my CCNA. I just don't know jack about netscreen.

I believe it's screenos 5.3

i work with netscreen kit on a regular basis so i should be able to help.

please can you confirm that 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' is the address you are connecting from?
please can you confirm that you want to do port redirection from '2083' on the outside to '23' on the inside?
please can you confirm whether you want the vip to use the untrust interface ip address, or whether you have another public address you want to use?
please can you confirm that '192.0.2.49' is the internal host you want to be able to access from outside?

once i have this info confirmed i should be able to walk you through it.

Back